there is a sad face icon where my game installs should be

Discus and support there is a sad face icon where my game installs should be in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; on the xbox app i tried to go on to my games but it came up with 'looks like youre stranded' f96cddbc-0e0f-4d9f-afb9-55ee5ff6b336 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BullFrog_222, Mar 19, 2021.

1. BullFrog_222
    BullFrog_222 Guest

on the xbox app i tried to go on to my games but it came up with 'looks like youre stranded'

:)

BullFrog_222, Mar 19, 2021
  2. OpticRJames Win User

where the install button should be is a sad face

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the steps one at a time to resolve the issue.

Solution 1: Repair the Gaming Services app.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps Features. Select Gaming Services, then click Advanced options. Click the repair button, try launching the game again using the Xbox app and see if it works.

Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Gaming Services App

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Solution 3: Try changing the region of your device to United States and see if that sorts it out.

Select Start > Settings > Time & Language > Language & Region.

Under Country or region, select your new region.
  3. Rostom L Win User

there is a sad face where the install should be on astroneer

Hi Stephen!

Please reset your Microsoft Store. You may also check for your Windows updates and check your date, time & location.

Follow the guide here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Don't forget to reset your Xbox app as well.

Select Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    Select the More icon next to the app you want to fix.
    Select the Advanced options link under the name of the app (some apps don't have this option). On the page that opens, select Repair if it's available. If it isn't available or doesn't fix the problem, select Reset.
  4. Crux Cross Win User

Sea of thieves not available on game pass?

I reset both the Xbox app and the Microsoft Store app and reset my computer. But the sad face is still where the install button should be.
  5. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Sad face over my downloads icon in game pass

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

If I may ask, are you unable to download any games from the Xbox game pass library, is that correct?
  6. Roberto Jimenez Fern Win User

Sad face on install button

Hi Manuela!

Windows 10

Just the sad face, no other error code or anything.

I just installed the XBOX app today so it should be updated.

Checked Windows Update, all good.

I'll try the other alternatives you mentioned tomorrow.

Thanks!
Thema:

1. there is a sad face icon where my game installs should be - Similar Threads - sad face icon

2. Assassin's Creed Valhalla gives me a sad face when I install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassin's Creed Valhalla gives me a sad face when I install: Recently moved which account is linked with Xbox and ubisoft. All the old games show up on the new Ubisoft account, and Ubisoft shows the correct xbox account. However, when push install on AC:...
  3. Xbox Game Pass game install button shows sad face. HELP!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass game install button shows sad face. HELP!!: Cant install Assassins Creed Valhalla which is available as part of XBox Game Pass. Install button just shows a sad face. I have tried resetting the Xbox app and Store app. I have tried myriad of...
  4. Why is there a sad face next to my PC clips on Xbox game bar?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is there a sad face next to my PC clips on Xbox game bar?: For some reason there is a sad face next to my clips on my PC Xbox game bar. 06c47bdc-c177-44c7-a3cc-4f3cff4dc133
  5. A sad face in place of the install button

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A sad face in place of the install button: I tried to download Minecraft Launcher on Xbox PC but where the install button is there is a sad face. I have Windows 11. I try resetting, repairing and updating the Xbox and Microsoft store. I...
  6. Sad face with Xbox application

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sad face with Xbox application: Good afternoon, I got a new computer and installed Xbox application again, but still time I can't install games and get the sad face every time. This is what I tried: 1. Log in with same...
  7. sad face on games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    sad face on games: Hi, For some reason I have a sad face on all the games that I try to install from the Xbox app even though I have a game pass Can you please help Thansk Phillip...
  8. Sad face over my downloads icon in game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sad face over my downloads icon in game pass: So no matter what trouble shooting I do with resetting, uninstalling, or even the Microsoft store nothing works. Not sure what to do with this issue with resources found online...
  9. Sad face on install button

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sad face on install button: When I try to install any game, I get a sad face : ( where the INSTALL should be. I have my Game Pass Ultimate suscription OK and running, no issue there. I tried reloging, I also tried going to...
  10. Sad face icon on clips

in XBoX on Mobile
    Sad face icon on clips: On captures i have colleted from in game play appear with a sad face icon and am unable to view the clips unless i download it to then not be able to share it. Why...