The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

Discus and support The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ItsGUnit, Jan 12, 2024.

1. ItsGUnit
    ItsGUnit Guest

The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV and tablet with no problem. I do NOT have restricted mode on.

:)

ItsGUnit, Jan 12, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens.

Hi ItsGUnit, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

You can reset your console.

Please, follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Select Reset and keep my games & apps.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Let me know if it works!
  3. LucLabute Win User

Xbox Series X - Black screen while sound is still playing

I am having the same problem. Mostly on video streaming apps like Youtube and Media Player this happens also with some games. I try booting up GTA Trilogy and it black screens every single time on the opening but the audio still goes. Does turning off and on the tv fix the problem for anyone else? It does for me but this is completely unacceptable for a new console. Has anyone tried sending their console in for repair? Did it work? I have a Series X.
  4. TTDude Win User

Forza Horizon 5 suddenly won't launch

I have an Xbox Series X and FH5 from Dec 21. Been playing fine for a couple of months, lots of play and progress in game. The other day it wouldn't load for no reason, it won't allow me to load from game pass either (just black after the initial small print about Mexico). I uninstalled and reinstalled the game (several hours!) and then got some new loading screens (car instruments, producer graphics and sounds, etc.), then screen then goes black and it won't load still. Have uninstalled and reinstalled again. Same problem - starts to load and then dies. Other games (e.g. Fornite) work... Any ideas please?
  5. TheFlyingHernie Win User

Xbox Series X - Black screen while sound is still playing

I have the same problem. It's happened quite a few times.

Series X and Lg CX.

Watching Netflix, the screen goes black. I still see the Netflix interface and if I back out of the video, I get back to the Netflix selection screen. Pressing the home button takes me back to the Xbox dash board. Going back into the video, it plays for 2 seconds, and then black screen again. At first I thought it was Dolby Vision, so I disabled that, and still black screen. Changed it from 120hz to 60hz, black screen. I ended up closing the Netflix app from the Xbox Dashboard and it seems to be working fine now.

I'm pretty tech savvy, so I can troubleshoot, but for someone that isn't, this is horrible. Especially after paying money for this thing. It should just "work"
  6. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox series x and poweroutage/powercut, could it take damage?

search the following on youtube he shows the protection in the video, i cant post the link here as not allowed

"Xbox Series X Teardown - A Repairability Perspective"
Thema:

1. The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black... - Similar Threads - YouTube app Series

2. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  3. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  4. Anyone experiencing intermittent sound stutter when using YouTube App on Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone experiencing intermittent sound stutter when using YouTube App on Series X?: since I purchased a series X last December I have experienced sound stutter when viewing videos on YouTube via the App. I have tried sending a Report A Problem for this issue ,but because it is...
  5. On Xbox series S the YouTube app keeps closing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox series S the YouTube app keeps closing.: On Xbox series S the YouTube app keeps closing. I click to open and within 5-10 seconds it will close. For the few seconds it is open it is unresponsive. I have tried all the suggestions from...
  6. Problems with YouTube app on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problems with YouTube app on Xbox Series X: Hello to everyone, Alpha member with the problem listed in the title. The last update of 2023 seemed to fix the "buffering" and "video freezing" issues on the YouTube app but I have still major...
  7. YouTube app on series x issues with av1 encoding

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube app on series x issues with av1 encoding: I watch a lot of YouTube and have noticed when a video shows Down/ chugs and sound lag it’s down to the encoding that’s YouTube is using vp9 encoding seems to have no issues that I can tell over...
  8. Having an issue with youtube app on xbox series s.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having an issue with youtube app on xbox series s.: While watching YouTube on xbox series s (using the YouTube app), if I happen to click on a video that gives the " This video may be inappropriate for some users" message, and then I click "I wish...
  9. YouTube app stuttering on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube app stuttering on Xbox Series X: I have submitted reports on this issue since day one of the Xbox Series X launch, why has this never been fixed when every other video app works fine and even YouTube in Microsoft Edge works fine....
  10. Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app: Hello, When Xbox Series S audio is set to output uncompressed stereo with Passthrough enabled, Netflix and YouTube apps output uncompressed stereo instead of Dolby digital plus such as Disney+ or...