The Xbox Twitch app is no longer letting me stream

Discus and support The Xbox Twitch app is no longer letting me stream in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I haven't streamed in a while and now the app doesn't work for some reason. I looked up the error code and it said it had something to do with 2fa but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RageQuittingRob, Nov 11, 2021.

1. The Xbox Twitch app is no longer letting me stream

I haven't streamed in a while and now the app doesn't work for some reason. I looked up the error code and it said it had something to do with 2fa but I have that enabled. I have disabled and enabled 2fa, reset my stream key, deleted the Twitch app, and then restarted my Xbox and installed it again as well as reconnected it to my account. I'm not sure what else I can do but this app seems to just have issues arise out of nowhere and it's seriously annoying now.

:)

RageQuittingRob, Nov 11, 2021
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hi RageQuittingRob,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to stream using Xbox Twitch app and is unable to because of your Microsoft Account security. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

As per your description, you already have disabled the two-step verification of your account and to make sure that it is all good in terms of account security. Kindly sign into your Microsoft account in here and check if your security info is up-to-date - (https://account.microsoft.com/security ). To properly isolate your concern, we will be asking few questions below.

1. May we ask what type of console are you using? Is it updated?
    2. Is it specific to a game or happening to all games? Are the games and apps updated?
    3. Please attach a screenshot of the error message you encounter. Kindly use this guide: How to include a screenshot in your post.
    4. Can you please with us any troubleshooting you have performed?
    Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding of our description by sending us a reply.

We look forward to your response. If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hi RageQuittingRob,

Hope you are doing fine.

I would like to follow up if you are still having issues streaming.

Let us know if we can help.

Kind regards,

4. Kristinamarkez Win User

Xbox One twitch app question

Noooo. Let me explain it better.

I stream with my Elgato, obviously that means no Xbone twitch app streaming... HOWEVER, this also means I can't view the Twitch chat straight from my game screen...which sucks.-

I was just curious if there were any plans to make your own twitch chat viewable via the app without streaming from the app?
  5. AnEvilVet Win User

Xbox Party chat not audible on Twitch stream

Sorry, I'm not streaming from a PC. I am streaming using the Twitch app on an Xbox One which used to have the ability to include party chat in streams. I need to figure a way to reactivate this as the previously posted solutions no longer seem to work.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

The unethical nature of 60fps functionality on the Xbox Twitch application.

that maybe the issue on console but i use twitch via pc and there are no such paywalls for 60fps streaming, either using obs or twitch's very own studio software which is absolutely free.

twitch did not bother updating the app too much on the Xbox due to the way Microsoft shoe horned in their own streaming service.

twitch was the original app on Xbox one for streaming then Microsoft changed the OS and banged in there useless platform for streaming (which shut down not long ago) and side-lined the twitch app, what incentive did twitch have to update the console app. none.
Thema:

1. The Xbox Twitch app is no longer letting me stream - Similar Threads - Twitch app longer

2. I don’t know who needs to hear this but for the love of god update the twitch app.

in XboX Insiders
    I don’t know who needs to hear this but for the love of god update the twitch app.: According to my Xbox the last time I received an update for the twitch app was 03/01/2023 it’s a joke. For some reason now it just crashes when I click on someone’s stream. Not to mention when...
  3. How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app: I’m streaming with a group of friends I use the Xbox app for communicating most nights but stream can’t here due to me not being able to include my audio using the app...
  4. Twitch app took too long to start.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Twitch app took too long to start.: Whenever I go to open the twitch app on my Xbox the app takes too long to open I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. I've attempted to disconnect and reconnect my twitch account...
  5. Is the twitch app broken?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the twitch app broken?: Over the last few months, I've e gone from being able to stream for hours without isdue. To now maybe being able to stream for am hour and then everytime I restart my broadcast afterwards, It...
  6. Problem with Mic Audio on Twitch App for Xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Mic Audio on Twitch App for Xbox series s: Hi everyone. Every time I try to stream from the Twitch app on Xbox the audio from my headset doesn't work even though on the Twitch settings before you go live it shows the mic is on and the...
  7. Xbox Twitch app game audio stuttering and popping does anyone know a fix?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Twitch app game audio stuttering and popping does anyone know a fix?: So this has been going on for a month now. When ever i stream. The game audio pops and stutters contantly. I was in contact with twitch support who directed me here. Example:...
  8. Xbox Twitch App no longer the same version after verifying phone number.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Twitch App no longer the same version after verifying phone number.: I used the twitch app on my xbox one s every single day, never had much of a problem with it. The other day on the official xbox channel (and more and more channels) I was told I needed to verify...
  9. Twitch app crashes and external ssd drive no longer works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Twitch app crashes and external ssd drive no longer works: I got this problem only with the twitch app Today the app crashed again and shut down my Xbox Series s immediately like always if twitch is freezing. The power lamp blinks 2 times then shut...
  10. (Xbox Insider) No longer can include party chat audio in Twitch broadcasting app?

in XBoX on Consoles
    (Xbox Insider) No longer can include party chat audio in Twitch broadcasting app?: Insider member here! I have a question regarding "party chat" in the Twitch app. I was happy to see that it was included in the app after the request for it. However, it seems with the latest...