The xbox one elite controller is not a professional gaming quality item.It will fail with ...

Discus and support The xbox one elite controller is not a professional gaming quality item.It will fail with ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The elite controller would be great if it were made a little better. I am already on my 2nd one and as of today...the paddle I use for jump has lost... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GregStanley, Apr 15, 2017.

1. GregStanley
    GregStanley Guest

The xbox one elite controller is not a professional gaming quality item.It will fail with ...

The elite controller would be great if it were made a little better. I am already on my 2nd one and as of today...the paddle I use for jump has lost its spring and the click feeling you are supposed to get when you push it. I use it for the jump button on
    Destiny and it obviously will not hold up to rigorous usage as it should. Exact same issue I had on the 1st one I bought. Looks like microsoft is going to lose me to scuf. I can't see buying another one which would be my 3rd. I could have bought 2 scufs for
    450$ Luckily I haven't had the bumper issues that others have had, but I have had an issue with the left thumb stick moving my character on its own

:)

GregStanley, Apr 15, 2017
  2. Xbox One Getting Another $150 Controller, This One From Razer

For the same asking price, I more so would go with a first party controller than a third party one. Though I'm not getting either this or the elite since I'm not a professional competitive player.

MonsterGuy2014, Apr 15, 2017
  3. Physical Elite Controller Problem

Chat support is not working for me. It keeps disconnecting, so Im posting here instead.

I bought the elite controller mid November from gamestop (online). After 3 months, my left bumper is already worn out to the point of broken. I can feel that the left bumper is loose and physically see that the lever is cracked. My "Day One" controller and
    my Titanfall xbox one controller bumpers are still highly functional after using them for countless hours of gaming for over a year. It was unexpected to see this high quality elite controller to break so soon.

What is the best course of action for me to replace/service this elite controller?

CAT4-DEFDCD02-C09F-43CA-B646-306271BB2734, Apr 15, 2017
  4. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

I have no confidence in this particular product so that's why I'm not about to drop €150 on it. I know about 6 people in real life that actually have one and they've all said the left tbumbstick drifts.

brandiesel1, Apr 15, 2017
  5. GregStanley
    GregStanley Guest
    They feel great and the paddle layout is great as well as the interchangeable thumb sticks. If only they were made to last. Some Walmarts are selling them and you can get 2 additional years of warranty through walmart itself, so that would be the way to
    go. You will see them in all Walmarts eventually as their warranty will be its saving grace.

GregStanley, Apr 17, 2017
  6. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    If they were a €100 and had longer warranties available here I would consider it. We do not have Walmarts here though.

brandiesel1, Apr 17, 2017
  7. GregStanley
    GregStanley Guest
    I just saw on scuf's website that you can buy a scuf now for as low as $119. When I bought my first xbox 1 elite controller, a scuf was about $250. So maybe the xb1 elite put a hurting on their sales. I don't see a scuf's paddles being as comfortable as
    xb1 elite's. I will find out sooner or later I guess. I got my elite replaced but next time I have problems with it, I am ordering a scuf!

GregStanley, Apr 20, 2017
  8. Wabbit5eason
    Wabbit5eason Guest

The only problem I have with the Elite controller is the crappy bumper design. I don't know why MSFT thought changing up the design was a better option, I've had two bumper failures now on my controller, already replaced once, and now I'm going to have to
    replace it again. That is the only complaint I have about it, other than that, I love it and have utilized the paddles according to my liking (both small ones on the right side so I can rock between them with my ring finger and one big paddle on the lower
    left.

Wabbit5eason, Apr 21, 2017
  9. GregStanley
    GregStanley Guest
    I haven't had the bumper issue but its always the a button(jump) paddle that I use. I also had one that the left thumb stick drifted if you tilted the controller forward and would stop if you held it upright again. It was still usable until the paddle button
    gave out. It is probably that I push the buttons a little harder than a desirable pressure but we are talking about game controllers here. Games get intense and so do we at times, and probably are harder on the controllers than we realize. But as long as I
    don't abuse it or throw it...it should withstand stuff like that.

GregStanley, Nov 1, 2018
  10. GregStanley Win User

The xbox one elite controller is not a professional gaming quality item.It will fail with certainty!

They feel great and the paddle layout is great as well as the interchangeable thumb sticks. If only they were made to last. Some Walmarts are selling them and you can get 2 additional years of warranty through walmart itself, so that would be the way to
    go. You will see them in all Walmarts eventually as their warranty will be its saving grace.
  11. Wabbit5eason Win User

The xbox one elite controller is not a professional gaming quality item.It will fail with certainty!

The only problem I have with the Elite controller is the crappy bumper design. I don't know why MSFT thought changing up the design was a better option, I've had two bumper failures now on my controller, already replaced once, and now I'm going to have to
    replace it again. That is the only complaint I have about it, other than that, I love it and have utilized the paddles according to my liking (both small ones on the right side so I can rock between them with my ring finger and one big paddle on the lower
    left.
  12. GregStanley Win User

If they were a €100 and had longer warranties available here I would consider it. We do not have Walmarts here though.
    I just saw on scuf's website that you can buy a scuf now for as low as $119. When I bought my first xbox 1 elite controller, a scuf was about $250. So maybe the xb1 elite put a hurting on their sales. I don't see a scuf's paddles being as comfortable as
    xb1 elite's. I will find out sooner or later I guess. I got my elite replaced but next time I have problems with it, I am ordering a scuf!
  13. brandiesel1 Win User

I have no confidence in this particular product so that's why I'm not about to drop €150 on it. I know about 6 people in real life that actually have one and they've all said the left tbumbstick drifts.
  14. GregStanley Win User

left.
    I haven't had the bumper issue but its always the a button(jump) paddle that I use. I also had one that the left thumb stick drifted if you tilted the controller forward and would stop if you held it upright again. It was still usable until the paddle button
    gave out. It is probably that I push the buttons a little harder than a desirable pressure but we are talking about game controllers here. Games get intense and so do we at times, and probably are harder on the controllers than we realize. But as long as I
    don't abuse it or throw it...it should withstand stuff like that.
Thema:

1. The xbox one elite controller is not a professional gaming quality item.It will fail with ... - Similar Threads - elite controller professional

2. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  3. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  4. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  5. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  6. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  7. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  8. Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing: I have an elite 2 controller less than 6 months old. I was playing a game that froze hard and required me to hard shut off my xbox and now the controller won't turn on but it's charge light...
  9. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  10. Elite 2 controller battery won't charge

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite 2 controller battery won't charge: Hi everyone, The battery of my Elite 2 controller is not being charged anymore. I play on a computer that has a wired controller. The battery has a lifespan of approximately 20 to 50 minutes. I...