The Xbox app won’t allow me to join parties that I don’t have friends added

Discus and support The Xbox app won’t allow me to join parties that I don’t have friends added in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; as my headset broke i have gone to the xbox mobile app and there is 1 big issue when i try to join a party with someone i dont have added i get a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Dragon6725, May 19, 2020.

1. Dragon6725
    Dragon6725 Guest

as my headset broke i have gone to the xbox mobile app and there is 1 big issue when i try to join a party with someone i dont have added i get a prompt that states i need to update my app to use the latest version of parties
    when i went to update it there was no update so i uninstalled to see it still says the same thing

:)

Dragon6725, May 19, 2020
  2. SpotlessMind ��â Win User

Hi fellow gamer, ive had the same problem a few times before. Im not quite sure why that happens though. Try adding those people as friends. If that doesnt work please let me know. <33

thank you, Kuri0usK
  3. ElleReneeToday Win User

Can join Party, but not game?

Hi!

Check the
    multiplayer connection
    settings on your console.

Also, check that "Join multiplayer games" is set to "Allow" (in the
    security
    and privacy settings).
    All my setting are set to allow and everybody.

I can join their party but cannot join game when they are playing.

They can send me invites to party and game but I don’t receive them.

I can invite friends to party’s or game

and it works, it just seems that I don’t recieve party or game invites, nor am I able to join game.

Strange??!? Sigh 😞
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Why won’t it allow me to join a party on xbox app

Hello DiamondZilla39, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, to try to help you I need to understand the problem better, so please answer the following: do you use Console or PC? Since when do you have this problem? Does it happen to you with all the games or just one? If you get an error code or message, please write it in the text.

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  5. Cam Waters Win User

Party chats will never connect

I only have limited data so not really, also it let me join a party when I used the xbox app so I don’t think it will be the network
  6. Friendly_Giant Win User

Can’t invite friends to play free to play games but can invite them to party .

I have triple checked my privacy settings and nothing is preventing me from receiving and joining game invites. I have tested my NAT type multiple times and done lots of restarting my Xbox as well as re signing in and out of my Xbox profile . I have also checked my network connection no issues . It occasionally will allow me to join friends or invite friends to play free to play games but it’s extremely rare. I don’t play games that cost money due to liking warzone / fortnite . When I try to invite them it either doesn’t give the option to me to join and if it doesn’t it let them join. My friend said it just shows a white background.

I don’t have access to games that cost money but when I did have my Xbox subscription it allowed me too . My siblings who have Xbox accounts they are able to invite their friends to games and receive invites from games. And they are younger than me and have the same privacy settings as me.

When I try to join a friends game is says not available purchase modern warfare 2 to have access to everything. I cannot invite friends to games through their gamer tag and through the talking party.
Thema:

1. The Xbox app won’t allow me to join parties that I don’t have friends added - Similar Threads - app won’t allow

2. My PC Xbox app won’t connect to party.

in XboX Insiders
    My PC Xbox app won’t connect to party.: I tried to repair it and it still hasn’t worked. This happened after the most recent update submitted by /u/truckersmc116 [link] [comments]
  3. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  4. Why are my games and apps stuck at 100 percent and won’t install?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are my games and apps stuck at 100 percent and won’t install?: For context I was reformatting an external hard drive today to see if it could run my games and instead I find out that the rest of my games on my internal are having trouble loading. My call of...
  5. Microsoft Store, Xbox App, and Xbox Game Bar Won’t download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store, Xbox App, and Xbox Game Bar Won’t download: Hello - I have a brand new PC I bought today and the system won’t download the Microsoft store, Xbox App, or Xbox Game bar. Has a solution been found for this? I am using Windows 11....
  6. Subnatica won’t launch in the Xbox app claiming it’s a free trial?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Subnatica won’t launch in the Xbox app claiming it’s a free trial?: I have a problem trying to play subnatica on my pc through the Xbox app. When I try to launch the game it says my free trial is over even though I bought and played the game on my Xbox account...
  7. The Xbox app won’t let me change my account it only signs me on immediately

in XBoX Accessibility
    The Xbox app won’t let me change my account it only signs me on immediately: Every time I sign into the app on my windows PC it signs me into an account I don’t have an Xbox for. I wanted to switch my account but there’s no option. I’ve rest the entire app and deleted it...
  8. Ethernet won’t work with Xbox app on pc?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Ethernet won’t work with Xbox app on pc?: I recently got a PC and connected it to Ethernet. When I try to talk with my friends from Xbox using the app and game bar, I can’t unmute myself. Then I tried connecting to regular WiFi not...
  9. My Xbox account won’t let me sign in on my console or the phone app.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox account won’t let me sign in on my console or the phone app.: It’s not my connection at all. My husband is right next to me playing on his Xbox just fine. a8f0f213-ca6d-4400-a516-94296b5cc859
  10. My Xbox store app was downloading and I pressed cancel installation and now it won’t start....

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox store app was downloading and I pressed cancel installation and now it won’t start....: My store was doing the glitch where it re downloads every time you open it. I cancelled the down load and now it won’t open 0e9f022a-8891-4a0f-8fdc-78bc4109b884