The Xbox App is not letting me select the D Drive as a install path

Discus and support The Xbox App is not letting me select the D Drive as a install path in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason the Xbox App is not letting me select the D Drive as an Install Path, I've done it in the past but I have now forgotten how I did it.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Aiden Townsend, Aug 5, 2023.

1. The Xbox App is not letting me select the D Drive as a install path

For some reason the Xbox App is not letting me select the D Drive as an Install Path, I've done it in the past but I have now forgotten how I did it. All it is saying that the Drive isn't formatted as an NTFS.. But it is.D Drive

:)

Aiden Townsend, Aug 5, 2023
  2. Mauro Sarlat Win User

Hi Aiden T.

My name is Mauro and am glad to assist you.

We are sorry for the incovenience, I will share this information provided by XBF-JoannaDark

Solution 1: Play games offline on Windows 10 using Offline mode; this error could also be attributed to issues with the Microsoft store not recognizing your entitlement to the game. Would you please click on this link Play games offline on Windows 10 using Offline mode | Xbox Support. Then scroll down and click on the drop-down arrow and look at the steps for How to enable offline play on your device

Solution 2: Format Secondary drive

Formatting to NTFS is also required for backing up games and captures on external storage devices connected to Windows PCs. IF you are trying to install on another drive, please make sure the hard drive is formatted correctly.

Solution 3: Reset Windows 10 store & Xbox app

1. Open Settings.
    2. Go to Apps -> Apps & features.
    3. On the right side, look for Microsoft Store/Xbox App and click it.
    4. The advanced options link will appear. Click it
    5. Next, click on the Reset button to reset Microsoft Store/Xbox App to default setting

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-d-drive/fbf1f30a-d8ad-4d00-b2ad-195d8b637263
  3. WattyNuela Win User

cannot change path for installation

Hello Rishi, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm sorry to hear you're not able to select your D drive as path for installation. Let's try to sort this out.

May I know if this D: drive is formatted with the NTFS file system?

May I know where are you trying to change the path for new installations, via PC settings or using the Xbox app?
  4. GeorgeStarbuck Win User

On the xbox app, i cannot change which drive my games get installed on.

Hi, thanks for the fast reply. It was already set in the system settings, and when I select the D: drive in the Xbox app, it allows it but when I close the settings and try to install to the D: drive it still doesn't let me. Any other suggestions? Thx :)
  5. kalel87 Win User

Xbox PC 0x80073D0D Error

So after uninstallig Gaming service and Xbox, reinstalling it nothing changed. I went ahead and tried installing the game on my C drive and it would download. so I started searching for "Xbox won't install on D Drive" and found

Xbox (Beta) app don't download on D drive

[table][tr][td]Bos Nuka Knight:Hello, sorry to hear your having problems. Try the following for a fix and let me know if you have any luck.
    • When starting the game installation from the Xbox (Beta) app you have the option of changing where content will be stored by selecting the hard drive you want to install to. If you see the message “Selected drive is not set up to install games,” your drive is not provisioned and installation access is denied. To fix this:
      • Either select the link under the message to go to Settings, or press the Windows key and selecting Settings > System > Storage. Select Change where new content is saved.
      • Using the menu under Where apps will be saved to, choose the drive you want.
    [/td][/tr][/table]
    after changing this setting Xbox no longer gives me the option to install on C drive witch is fine but will now install on my D Drive.
  6. Octo8_843 Win User

Error installing games through Xbox app on PC.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately this hasn't fixed the problem for me. When I go to system, then storage and choose where new apps will be saved to, the correct drive is already selected. Which in my case is also D:

So the drive is correct, however when I select to install the game to Drive D: in the Xbox app, it still fails and gives me that error.
Thema:

1. The Xbox App is not letting me select the D Drive as a install path - Similar Threads - App letting select

2. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  3. The PC Xbox app won't let me download games to drive D

in XBoX on Windows
    The PC Xbox app won't let me download games to drive D: I tried going into install options and switching the default drive from C to D but it just switches back to C after clicking it. So whenever I download a game and choose drive D the error...
  4. why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro?...: why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro? Does it have access to any of my information? Why would I want xbox app to control my device? I don't...
  5. I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...: I've been trying to install games on the (D:) drive through the Xbox app but when I try to, it doesn't let me select it and defaults back to the (C:) drive. Does anyone know why it's doing this?...
  6. Xbox app won't let me select my D drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won't let me select my D drive: I can see my D drive but it won't let me change my download location to my D drive. It used to let me do that but i don't know why it won't anymore. 040c6872-a0af-40f3-b048-a1f137ab5a9d
  7. XBox app wont let me select drive to save game in.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox app wont let me select drive to save game in.: I have 2 drives on my PC: Drive C (windows installation drive) and Drive D my general drive for photos and games for EA,Epic,Steam. Problem is that the Xbox app says my D drive is not formatted...
  8. XBOX Game App won't let me select other storage device for new game install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Game App won't let me select other storage device for new game install.: Hey guys, recently my XBOX app on my PC won't let me select another location for a game install. It actually won't even show me any other options. I have used this with game pass for quite some...
  9. Xbox app for PC won't let me select a drive to install a game

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app for PC won't let me select a drive to install a game: Greetings! I'm trying to download games through my son's xbox for PC account in his computer, but I can't install because the game won't let me select a drive to install the game: [img] How...
  10. xbox app (pc) Wont let me select my disk drive

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app (pc) Wont let me select my disk drive: [img] When i select ''Set it as your location for where new apps are saved''. I set them all to Disk E and when the option telling me to delete apps comes up it says... [img] Please help i just...