The Time Is A'Coming~~ ~ Gamestop Has Digital Pre Orders

Discus and support The Time Is A'Coming~~ ~ Gamestop Has Digital Pre Orders in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It is not a belief... it will and IS happening. Once you embrace it... the pain will not hurt so bad... Digital movie sales are DOWN..most people... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bstn617, Mar 7, 2014.

1. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest

It is not a belief... it will and IS happening. Once you embrace it... the pain will not hurt so bad...

Digital movie sales are DOWN..most people stream...netflix, hulu, Amazon.. I can go on and on...

When is the last time you bought a musical CD?

PC games are what? 99% digital now

When is the last time you bought a DVD-RW? Not enough room for anything buy 100 photos

Sooner or later game content will be too large for a disc to hold.. we are already at the time where the drive speeds are unable to transfer the information fast enough to work other than transferring the data

It is just a fact of life... Digital discs will be phased out... this will most likely be the last generation of a gaming console that even has a drive...You can go ahead and live your dream of owning a game and selling it for a few dollars... while the
    rest of the world is home on their "Fat Lazy ***" as you put it, you can go into a game stop and buy a used disc of Ryse 2.. as those would most likely be the last games in disc format you will be able to purchase...

tohellnbak, Mar 7, 2014
  2. bstn617
    bstn617 Guest
    It's not happening for a long long time. Have you already forgot the uproar with the X1 drm that they changed The general attitude is people want used/disc games just because you don't see that in the X1 threads on this site it's still the fact.

I don't buy music but that is do to the fact of piracy and it's all available to easy for free nothing to do with not wanting the cd, i would prefer the cd that way I could rip it at a very high bit rate and have a solid backup if my computer breaks.

The game content size issue is even more of a reason the average download speed in the US and Uk is slow and for some capped so downloading 50GB+ could be a severe problem.

There is no doubt that at some point it will become the only way but it will be do to them forcing people and probably not for 10 years or more You make it seem as thou it's me. Its not me it's most people.

bstn617, Mar 7, 2014
  3. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    pmsl lofty im eating a nice cream eclair choc cake while watching tron legacy on blu ray lol

N7 Gh0stz, Mar 7, 2014
  4. The Time Is A'Coming~~ ~ Gamestop Has Digital Pre Orders

Like I'm going to spend the same price for digital as physical. Gimme a break. Too bad I've been prepaid with Xbox Live through April 2015 since April 2012. Ready to dump M$ A$AP

XBL Mil Yon Air, Mar 7, 2014
  5. so if i drive down 5 miles to the closet gamestop i can pickup a digital download and a $5.00 poster for $60.00 or I can sit in my boxers and order it from my bed on the microsoft store for the same price just no poster...hrmmm. Now if the digital download
    from gamestop was able to be traded back or refunded through gamestop within the first few hours after purchase then that would be a different story...i need more of an incentive to get out and about then a $5.00 poster and a "digital downloads are non refundable"
    policy everyone else puts up.

U Go 6 FT BeLOW, Mar 7, 2014
  6. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    It is a start U Go.... a start...nothing perfect is ever instant... they all travel roads to get there...

tohellnbak, Mar 7, 2014
  7. I can tell you one benefit for the people on the east coast for sure. If you get the download from gamestop you won't have to wait for the marketplace to update at 3 am. Soon as you get home you can download and play the game. Pretty sure that 8 AM is
    a placeholder, the manager at my local gamestop confirmed you can download as soon as they hand you the code. I honestly thought about going lol

DaT DaRthCleRiC, Mar 8, 2014
  8. The Time Is A'Coming~~ ~ Gamestop Has Digital Pre Orders

If I'm physically going into a store, I'm physically coming out with a physical game.

BizarroMantis, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: