The Time Is A'Coming~~ ~ Gamestop Has Digital Pre Orders

Discus and support The Time Is A'Coming~~ ~ Gamestop Has Digital Pre Orders in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It is not a belief... it will and IS happening. Once you embrace it... the pain will not hurt so bad... Digital movie sales are DOWN..most people... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bstn617, Mar 7, 2014.

  1. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest

    The Time Is A'Coming~~ ~ Gamestop Has Digital Pre Orders


    It is not a belief... it will and IS happening. Once you embrace it... the pain will not hurt so bad...

    Digital movie sales are DOWN..most people stream...netflix, hulu, Amazon.. I can go on and on...

    When is the last time you bought a musical CD?

    PC games are what? 99% digital now

    When is the last time you bought a DVD-RW? Not enough room for anything buy 100 photos

    Sooner or later game content will be too large for a disc to hold.. we are already at the time where the drive speeds are unable to transfer the information fast enough to work other than transferring the data

    It is just a fact of life... Digital discs will be phased out... this will most likely be the last generation of a gaming console that even has a drive...You can go ahead and live your dream of owning a game and selling it for a few dollars... while the
    rest of the world is home on their "Fat Lazy ***" as you put it, you can go into a game stop and buy a used disc of Ryse 2.. as those would most likely be the last games in disc format you will be able to purchase...
     
    tohellnbak, Mar 7, 2014
    #31
  2. bstn617
    bstn617 Guest
    It's not happening for a long long time. Have you already forgot the uproar with the X1 drm that they changed The general attitude is people want used/disc games just because you don't see that in the X1 threads on this site it's still the fact.

    I don't buy music but that is do to the fact of piracy and it's all available to easy for free nothing to do with not wanting the cd, i would prefer the cd that way I could rip it at a very high bit rate and have a solid backup if my computer breaks.

    The game content size issue is even more of a reason the average download speed in the US and Uk is slow and for some capped so downloading 50GB+ could be a severe problem.

    There is no doubt that at some point it will become the only way but it will be do to them forcing people and probably not for 10 years or more You make it seem as thou it's me. Its not me it's most people.
     
    bstn617, Mar 7, 2014
    #32
  3. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    pmsl lofty im eating a nice cream eclair choc cake while watching tron legacy on blu ray lol
     
    N7 Gh0stz, Mar 7, 2014
    #33
  4. The Time Is A'Coming~~ ~ Gamestop Has Digital Pre Orders

    Like I'm going to spend the same price for digital as physical. Gimme a break. Too bad I've been prepaid with Xbox Live through April 2015 since April 2012. Ready to dump M$ A$AP
     
    XBL Mil Yon Air, Mar 7, 2014
    #34
  5. so if i drive down 5 miles to the closet gamestop i can pickup a digital download and a $5.00 poster for $60.00 or I can sit in my boxers and order it from my bed on the microsoft store for the same price just no poster...hrmmm. Now if the digital download
    from gamestop was able to be traded back or refunded through gamestop within the first few hours after purchase then that would be a different story...i need more of an incentive to get out and about then a $5.00 poster and a "digital downloads are non refundable"
    policy everyone else puts up.
     
    U Go 6 FT BeLOW, Mar 7, 2014
    #35
  6. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    It is a start U Go.... a start...nothing perfect is ever instant... they all travel roads to get there...
     
    tohellnbak, Mar 7, 2014
    #36
  7. I can tell you one benefit for the people on the east coast for sure. If you get the download from gamestop you won't have to wait for the marketplace to update at 3 am. Soon as you get home you can download and play the game. Pretty sure that 8 AM is
    a placeholder, the manager at my local gamestop confirmed you can download as soon as they hand you the code. I honestly thought about going lol
     
    DaT DaRthCleRiC, Mar 8, 2014
    #37
  8. The Time Is A'Coming~~ ~ Gamestop Has Digital Pre Orders

    If I'm physically going into a store, I'm physically coming out with a physical game.
     
    BizarroMantis, Oct 31, 2018
    #38
  9. bstn617 Win User

    The Time Is A'Coming~~ ~ Gamestop Has Digital Pre Orders

    Tzar if Kaos the title is "The Time Is A'Coming~~ ~ Gamestop Has Digital Pre Orders"

    Sounded and looked to me like a thread about the future of downloadable games and the fact the you could now pre order your dl people hoped would be the end to discs that's what I responded to.
  10. CHEDDA BOI 1 Win User

    Any word on pre ordering the digital download edition ?

    gamestop has digital pre ordering for 60 bucks US and it unlocks at 12 am central time
  11. tohellnbak Win User

    How do digital downloads work, if some developers offer preorder bonuses?

    do this... pre order a digital "version" from gamestop.... get the pre order bonuses... what Gamestop does instead of a disc is gives you codes for MS monies... that you use to purchase the games digitally.
  12. MaximumExtreme Win User

    Pre-order digital download?

    The only way to pre=order a digital download is to go to a Gamestop, or any other retailer and pre-order it that way. There is no pre-ordering from the console yet.
  13. brandiesel1 Win User

    Anyone getting Bioshock Infinite Tuesday?

    Got it, love it. Mine has a 16 digit code that Gamestop gave me for pre-ordering, but I can't find where to input the code. It's only 16 digits.
Thema:

The Time Is A'Coming~~ ~ Gamestop Has Digital Pre Orders

Loading...
  1. The Time Is A'Coming~~ ~ Gamestop Has Digital Pre Orders - Similar Threads - A'Coming~~ Gamestop Has

  2. GameStop digital preorder how do I get access to it?

    in XboX Insiders
    GameStop digital preorder how do I get access to it?: I preordered a digital game today at GameStop. I tried to figure out how the whole process of getting access to it works while at the store, but I left still confused. How does a digital pre order...
  3. Can you return a controller to Microsoft if bought from a gamestop store

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you return a controller to Microsoft if bought from a gamestop store: Can you return a controller to Microsoft if bought from a gamestop store 7e7a4d81-d005-4014-aaf5-858726ea4c03
  4. I bought the Xbox live Cos $460 at gamestop. And I can't get to work on my t. V. Can you...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought the Xbox live Cos $460 at gamestop. And I can't get to work on my t. V. Can you...: I bought an Xbox live called at gamestop for $60. Can you help me set it up on my t vI bought an Xbox live called at gamestop for $60. Can you help me set it up on my t? V?...
  5. Cannot use gift card for minecoins purchased through GameStop. How can I redeem?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot use gift card for minecoins purchased through GameStop. How can I redeem?: I bought a Minecraft minecoins gift card through GameStop. When I try to redeem the code, it says it’s either already redeemed or invalid. I called GameStop who advised I reach out here. I am...
  6. Purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe From Gamestop and Activation Key Does...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe From Gamestop and Activation Key Does...: Purchased a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe from GameStop as a gift for my son. Attempted to download the the product from Steam. Upon trying to enter the activation key received...
  7. GameStop

    in XBoX on Windows
    GameStop: GameStop tells customers to buy a warranty on Xbox controllers even though you get one automatically with Microsoft then they say it’s better with them because you can return it, that Microsoft...
  8. I bought my xbox series x from gamestop with the forza horizon 5 bundle and I redeemed it...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought my xbox series x from gamestop with the forza horizon 5 bundle and I redeemed it...: Please help I redeemed my bundle later because I wanted to play starfield and I went back in to redeem it today and it said success but it's not showing up in my library or queue...
  9. Hi all, just bought a refurbished xbox one x from gamestop.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi all, just bought a refurbished xbox one x from gamestop.: Hi I'm hoping someone can help, just bought a refurbished xbox one x from game stop, set it all up did updates, did everything and was working great. Then started downloading my game world of...
  10. I brought 200,000 twice from my local GameStop and the locker codes aren’t working for my...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I brought 200,000 twice from my local GameStop and the locker codes aren’t working for my...: I brought NBA2k24 VC 200,000 twice at my local GameStop, I went to put both locker codes and they don’t work, it’s saying it’s invalid. I’ve tried over 30 times, closed my games over 30 times and...