The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

Discus and support The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ReputedHornet13, Mar 8, 2024.

1. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can fix? I paid too much money for this to be breaking for no reason. Is there anything I can do? Is there a quick fix?

:)

ReputedHornet13, Mar 8, 2024
  2. D Boii 18 Win User

Xbox Controller Sync & Powering off from after pressing sync button five times....

My sync button turns off my Xbox one X and won't connect any controllers.

When controllers do connect they disconnect and flash.

Had this problem since beginning of February.
  3. Rishabh0067 Win User

Can someone help me re sync my controllers ?

Sync the Controller:
    To sync a wireless controller with your Xbox, follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button on the controller to turn it on.
    Press and hold the small sync button on the front of the Xbox Series X console (located near the USB port).
    While holding the sync button on the console, press and hold the sync button on the controller (located on the top near the Xbox button).
    Release both sync buttons when the controller's Xbox button starts flashing. The controller should now be synced with the console.
  4. David Wirsching Win User

Do I need a new controller?

Hello ÚÑKÑØẄÑ ©, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue with your Xbox Series X controller. Here are some possible solutions you could try:

Restart your Xbox console: Press and hold the power button on your Xbox console until it turns off. Next, disconnect the Xbox Series X from its power source. Turn off the Xbox controller and remove its batteries. Finally, connect and turn on your Xbox Series X.

Restart the controller: Press and hold the power button on the controller for several seconds until it turns off. Then turn it back on.

Pair the controller with the console again: Press and hold the sync button on the console until the power button flashes. Then, press and hold the sync button on the controller until the lights on the controller flash.

Best regards.
  5. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Xbox series S only home button working on controller

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help.

Try this procedure, hope it helps: Plug the power cord back into your Xbox Series X|S; Turn on the control; Press and hold the sync button on your Xbox Series X|S; Press the sync button on the controller until the time it starts flashing rapidly, then release it.

Hope I helped and see you soon
  6. KhajiBower34 Win User

The controller does not pair with the Xbox X Series

Hello Hyer, my name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Xbox X Series. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the controller sync issue.

- Try a wired connection: use a USB cable to connect your controller to the Xbox Series X and see if it connects. If it does, you can try syncing wirelessly.

- Press and hold the sync button on the back of the controller for 15 seconds until the Xbox button starts to flash, then release the button. Turn off and unplug the Xbox X Series for a few minutes, then turn it back on and try to sync the controller again.

Update your controller firmware: If your controller firmware is not up to date, you may not be able to connect to the Xbox X Series. To check for updates, navigate to Settings > Devices and Accessories > Xbox Wireless Controller > Device Information and see if a firmware update is available.

- Try a different HDMI cable or port: A faulty HDMI cable or port could be the cause of the Xbox home screen not displaying on the TV.

- Check your TV settings: make sure the HDMI port to which the Xbox X Series is connected is set to the correct input on your TV.

Best regards, Khaji
Thema:

The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

1. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller - Similar Threads - sync button series

2. Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...: Everyone knows when you press the sync button makes the console flash as to show its ready for pairing but my controller is already paired and im not pressing the sync button yet its still going...
  3. Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S: I spilt a cup of hot cocoa into the fan of my Xbox series S console. I took it apart and cleaned everything off, including the fan and heat sink. I used 99% isopropyl alcohol so that the...
  4. Xbox one sync button not doing ANYTHING when I press it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one sync button not doing ANYTHING when I press it: Xbox one sync button not doing ANYTHING when I press it, I have the top plastic cover on my Xbox off as I serviced my Xbox recently, I installed a new fan, dusted and cleaned, everything is...
  5. Xbox One Sync Button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Sync Button: Hey everyone, I’ve encountered a problem with my Xbox One Project Scorpio edition, specifically with the controller sync button. It seems to only work when accessing the troubleshoot menu. Once...
  6. Console sync button won't work for Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console sync button won't work for Xbox One S: I've had my Xbox One S for a few years and one day the sync button just stopped working. It wirelessly connects still but the sync will not work. Sometimes after I use a wire for a long time it...
  7. Sync button no longer working, can i fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sync button no longer working, can i fix it?: Hello there folks. I've been using my controller via a bluetooth connection at the pc for a couple weeks now, today i decided to connect it with the cable, since the battery was dying. Ever since...
  8. [XBO] Console doesn't power on unless I unplug everything and then hold the sync button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    [XBO] Console doesn't power on unless I unplug everything and then hold the sync button?: Been happening since my console updated and didn't start back up after a restart during the update 7d44bbf0-c127-48f6-8191-b67abafd8ba6
  9. Elite 2 Sync Button Not Working When Turned Off

in XboX Insiders
    Elite 2 Sync Button Not Working When Turned Off: Elite 2 sync button Hello. While my standard Xbox controller works pairing and blinking leds without push the Xbox button and turning on the controller just press the sync button works but elite...
  10. My xbox series s sync button isn't working and my brand new controller is just blinking and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s sync button isn't working and my brand new controller is just blinking and...: I hold the sync button and it won't do anything and my controller I bought yesterday worked but when I tried to get on today it just blinks and won't work 08f264bb-1fa2-48b9-8833-42c8211fa657