"The person who owns this needs to sign in" prompt when not connected to internet

Discus and support "The person who owns this needs to sign in" prompt when not connected to internet in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My cousins Xbox Series X won't load any of his games when not connected to the internet. He keeps getting "the person that owns this needs to signin."... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by dylon-lee marsh, Jan 9, 2024.

1. "The person who owns this needs to sign in" prompt when not connected to internet

My cousins Xbox Series X won't load any of his games when not connected to the internet. He keeps getting "the person that owns this needs to signin." I own the same console and can load up all but my multi-player games with ease when not connected to internet. I'm out of ideas, he has it set to his home xbox, he purchased all the games he's trying to load.

:)

dylon-lee marsh, Jan 9, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

"The person who owns this needs to sign in" prompt when not connected to internet

Hi Dylon-lee, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Have he tried to reset his console?

Please, follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Select Reset and keep my games & apps.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Let me know if it works!
  3. PMS DejaVu Win User

Were do I down load patches for SKYRIM, Bethesda?

I don't think that you have to be a gold member but you will need to have the xbox connected to the internet in order to be prompted to download the patches. You will get prompted to download the patch when you boot up the game. You will need at least a
    silver live account in order to do this.

Connect the xbox to the internet.

Sign into the live account, Insert the game disk and select play and you should be prompted to update the game.
  4. Reblade Win User

The person who bought this needs to sign in

Im getting this on all my games. No problem with signing in or being connected to internet. Dadhboard is showing as connected to cbox live with no issues but keep gett a message saying ‘THE PERSON WHO OWNS THIS NEEDS TO SIGN IN’

[​IMG]
  5. Kdigital69 Win User

How do I change settings so that I can play online?

In the settings for (sign-in, security passkey) you'll be prompted to enter your password while connected to the wifi/internet. Click on the box (sign-in, security preferences) and there will be various sign-in options, No barriers may be the option you
    want but this will allow anyone who has access to your xbox to play.
  6. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Sharing Xbox Live and Game Pass on home Xbox

You sure can. Be sure that you are still signed in on the console. This ensures Gold Sharing.

The other person who would like to benefit from the Game Pass, simply needs to ‘switch’ over to their profile instead of signing out, you, the person who owns the Game Pass.
Thema:

1. "The person who owns this needs to sign in" prompt when not connected to internet - Similar Threads - person owns needs

2. How to unblock a person?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to unblock a person?: Hi Team, My request is slightly unusual - my son filed a report on Xbox user while playing Minecraft. This person is his cousin, they discussed the situation and would now like to continue playing...
  3. Why can I not add one specific person that I know hasn't blocked me?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can I not add one specific person that I know hasn't blocked me?: I'm receiving this same error code as well and it's for new friends not old ones. They are able to add me but I can't add them back. I have already reset my modem and Xbox to make sure it wasn't a...
  4. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  5. I’m getting spam added by bot accounts by another person, what do i do?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I’m getting spam added by bot accounts by another person, what do i do?: I don’t want to get my account banned for being bottes but i want the account adding to stop c01c2e73-89d2-4985-b4db-7dd4ee4e9627
  6. Can't hear one person

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't hear one person: I can't hear someone in my party. We are both allowed to talk to other people, and I can hear other people talking. I already have my setting fixed to talk to anyone, but he Is just muted for no...
  7. Will changing the Xbox account email make me lose access to other personal accounts I own ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will changing the Xbox account email make me lose access to other personal accounts I own ?: So I'm currently trying to change my Xbox account email address to a new one, the thing is this current address i used to create my Facebook account and other stuff which I really need, will...
  8. "Launch game, You own this" followed by "The person who bought this needs to sign in"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Launch game, You own this" followed by "The person who bought this needs to sign in": I have two Xbox One X consoles. On one of the consoles, I am able to play GTA 5 just fine. I installed GTA 5 on my second console, and when I start the game, I get a message saying: "The person...
  9. can a great person give me nba 2k14 for xbox one, i played it on my xbox, but i dont own it, i ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can a great person give me nba 2k14 for xbox one, i played it on my xbox, but i dont own it, i ...: can a great person give me nba 2k14 for xbox one, i played it on my xbox, but i dont own it, i rented it. i love my career....i still have 44gb of nba 2k14 on my games and apps. but its kinda...
  10. Something went wrong and the person who bought this needs to sign on I OWN THESE GAMES plz help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Something went wrong and the person who bought this needs to sign on I OWN THESE GAMES plz help: i already restarted my console and restarted my modem 2ee9e6bd-318b-4038-97d7-636ee13f3ed5