"The person who bought this needs to sign in" error, from child account purchase

Discus and support "The person who bought this needs to sign in" error, from child account purchase in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My child, who has a child account under family sharing (and who's Xbox is the home Xbox), downloaded a game, however upon trying to open this game on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by natanddaim, Jun 18, 2023.

1. natanddaim
    natanddaim Guest

"The person who bought this needs to sign in" error, from child account purchase

My child, who has a child account under family sharing (and who's Xbox is the home Xbox), downloaded a game, however upon trying to open this game on our other Xbox (under the parent account) it gives a "The person who bought this needs to sign in" error.

We swapped Home Xbox and it worked, but then wouldn't work on the Xbox it was purchased on, so we swapped the Home Xbox back to my child's Xbox. The game now again won't work on the parent Xbox.

Additionally, another game that my child purchased on their Xbox a long time ago, no longer loads on their Xbox, again showing "The person who bought this needs to sign in" error. This game does work on the parent account Xbox even though it was not the console that purchased it originally.

No other games seem to be affected.

We have tried restarting both Xboxes, unplugging and restarting, rebooting the wifi, as well as signing in and out of both Xboxes on both accounts, and deleting sign ins and then signing back in.

None of this has worked and we still have the original problems:

1) New game purchased on child account Xbox (Home Xbox) gives the "The person who bought this needs to sign in" error on the other Xbox under parent account - family sharing is turned on.

2) Another game purchased on child account that has worked for a long time now gives "The person who bought this needs to sign in" error on their Xbox (they last played this game the previous day).

:)

natanddaim, Jun 18, 2023
  2. Belle B Win User

It could be possible that the home Xbox was changed after you've tried to redo them.

So if you have two consoles, your child needs to set the parent's console as home while parent needs to set the child's console as home.
  3. natanddaim Win User

It appears that the game may have been purchased under the parent account (but this was four or five years ago). How can it be that one day the game works fine, but the next it will not load. Has there been a change to Xbox settings or updates?
  4. Belle B Win User

Hi natanddaim

Sorry to hear about the confusions here however, please note that the only way your child can share the game on the other console is that, he/she would need to set the console as home.

To learn how home Xbox works: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

If a game no longer works for the child account, it would be possible that it's not bought under that account and may be possible purchased under the parent account. You may want to check the each order history by signing in through here: https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/
  5. YoBMartino Win User

Gamepass sharing logs out main account

I signed out. But when she tries to use any game from gamepass she gets an error stating “the person who bought this needs to sign in. Sign in with the account that bought the game and installed the app”. So then I sign back in and she’s able to use gamepass on her account. Which logs me out of my game session on my series x.
  6. CrazY1985 Win User

The person who bought this needs to sign in

Problem should be fixed now.. There were some problems with the xbox services..
Thema:

1. "The person who bought this needs to sign in" error, from child account purchase - Similar Threads - person bought needs

2. Why does my console keep saying “the person who bought this needs to sign in” even though...

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my console keep saying “the person who bought this needs to sign in” even though...: I’m at college trying to set up my Xbox in the dorm and it said my internet connection was fine, and I’m signed in, but when I try to start any game it just says that the person who bought it...
  3. Call of Duty Cold War asking for game pass even though I personally bought it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Cold War asking for game pass even though I personally bought it: So I bought Call of Duty Cold War digitally on my Xbox maybe about a year ago, I deleted for about 2 months I reinstall it and it asks for me to choose a game pass plan even though I bought the...
  4. Hi I bought the champion personalization pack for call of duty advanced warfare and when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I bought the champion personalization pack for call of duty advanced warfare and when...: I bought the Champion personalization pack for Call of duty advanced warfare when I installed it and went into game it was still locked then when I tried to reinstall from the in game store it...
  5. Issue with "The Person Who Bought This Needs to Sign in" on a new device

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue with "The Person Who Bought This Needs to Sign in" on a new device: There was an XBOX_1 owned by OWNER_1. USER played some games on that device under its own account. So, there are saved progress. Now, XBOX_2 was purchased by OWNER_2 (me). The same games were...
  6. What can i do when it says "The person who bought this needs to sign in" and im the one who...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What can i do when it says "The person who bought this needs to sign in" and im the one who...: What can i do when it says "The person who boght this needs to sign in" when i'm the one who bought it db9c7438-0961-4bb8-817e-90e1fb4a20a7
  7. Bought game as gift and it turned out that the person that get the gift cant play it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought game as gift and it turned out that the person that get the gift cant play it...: I bought my sister game slime rancher 2 throught gift from my computer for her birthday and Being on her birthday party i couldn't instal IT because she Has Xbox one, but not series x or s and we...
  8. How do I got unbanned on my xbox that I bought off this person and I can't sing in

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I got unbanned on my xbox that I bought off this person and I can't sing in: I would love to know how to get my xbox working it does not let me sing in or make a account its says I got a network ban e666782e-8c0c-42c6-92c4-1ccb0c956a70
  9. I recently bought a used xbox 360 and can't get passed the parental lock. the person I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I recently bought a used xbox 360 and can't get passed the parental lock. the person I...: I recently bought a used xbox 360 and can't get past the parental lock. The person I got it from doesn't know it either. 7fe96bc6-f5b4-40e3-aa50-950622db62a9
  10. Need help with “sign in as the person who bought this”

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with “sign in as the person who bought this”: Me and my brother can’t play Xbox at the same time because he needs to sign in with my account whenever he wants to play a game that I bought on his Xbox a while back. Is there a fix for this?...