The Orange Box not working on Xbox Series X

Discus and support The Orange Box not working on Xbox Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I inserted an Xbox 360 disc of the Orange Box and my Xbox Series X just redirects to the blu-ray player. There doesn’t seem to be any scratches on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cooljedi101, Sep 9, 2023.

1. Cooljedi101
    Cooljedi101 Guest

So I inserted an Xbox 360 disc of the Orange Box and my Xbox Series X just redirects to the blu-ray player. There doesn’t seem to be any scratches on the disc and I cleaned it too. I tried doing a hard reset on the console but that didn’t work either. It seems to be able to read it to because when I open the blu-ray player a screen pops up and says “To play this disc, put it in an Xbox 360 console”. Does anyone have the same issue or is it just me?

:)

Cooljedi101, Sep 9, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Cooljedi101,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on your description, your Xbox 360 disc for the game The Orange Box is inserted to Xbox Series X however, it only redirects to Blu-ray player. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

One of the suggestions from this support article: Troubleshoot problems playing a disc | Xbox Support is to try troubleshooting is to isolate whether the game disc is functional or not:

Solution 1: Ensure the disc is clean and not defective

Clean the disc with a soft, clean, slightly damp cloth. Hold the disc by the edges without touching the top or bottom surface.

Solution 2: Try playing the disc on another Xbox console

Playing the disc on another console will help you figure out whether the problem is with the individual disc or the console's disc drive.

Always place the disc in your console with the artwork on the disc facing the top of your console if it sits horizontally. The first section of this page, “How to correctly insert DVDs into your Xbox console,” includes instructions and images to aid correct disc usage.

Try the following solutions if none of your discs will play, or if you insert a disc and your console doesn't recognize it. If your console tells you to insert a disc when a disc is already inserted, that means it doesn't recognize your disc. In these scenarios, there are two possible issues:

• The settings for Sleep mode can render a small number of consoles unable to read discs.
    • The console's disc drive needs servicing.

Source: None of my discs play, or my disc isn't recognized when I insert it

Solution 3: Make sure the Blu-ray player app has installed successfully

If you can play game discs but not CDs, DVDs, or Blu-ray discs, make sure that the Blu-ray player app has installed successfully. For more information, see: Set up and install the Blu-ray and DVD player app on Xbox

Solution 4: Make sure your DVD or Blu-ray disc is from the same region where you purchased your console

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Home, and then select Store.
    2. Select Search and enter Blu-ray in the search bar. Select the Blu-ray Player app when it appears in the list of results.
    3. Select Install to download and install the app.

Please check this link for more info: Set up and install the Blu-ray and DVD player app on Xbox

Solution 5: Replace the disc

If none of the previous solutions fixed the problem, you’ll need to replace the disc. Contact the retailer where the disc was purchased to ask about their replacement policy.

Important If none of your games or discs play, see the following section. This information may help you avoid replacing a disc unnecessarily.

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Georges C. Win User

Microsoft store not working to purchase The Orange Box

5. BillDotriev Win User

I can't buy Left 4 Dead 2 online or on console.

Will this also work for X-Box Series S? It says "Buy it for X-Box 360" on the link.
  6. sandw3ll Win User

Orange Box

Has the Orange Box been delisted yet? If not, can i still buy it? I see it in the marketplace
    Hey renx77,

Looking at the Xbox Games Store, The Orange Box is compatible with Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S:

[​IMG]

Though it is "Not Available Separately".

You should be able to purchase through the Xbox Marketplace (The Orange Box (xbox.com)) which should then allow you to download on your console.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Thema:

1. The Orange Box not working on Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Orange Box working

2. Is the orange box backwards compatible with xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the orange box backwards compatible with xbox one: So I wanted to ask you if the orange box is backwards compatible with xbox one please respond soon a1045a00-0713-4b3c-95a5-52e14082e179
  3. I really want to orange box to come back

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I really want to orange box to come back: I love half-life but I had to sell my pc because I did t have enough money now I have an Xbox I would love to have the orange box come back so o can play half-life...
  4. How do i get the orange box in 2023?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i get the orange box in 2023?: I have seen people get the orange box from this link : https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/The-Orange-Box/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541080f but when i have tried it, it kept reverting...
  5. the orange box full version not available on xbox 360 marketplace

in XBoX Games and Apps
    the orange box full version not available on xbox 360 marketplace: I wanted to purchase the orange box off of xbox 360 marketplace for my xbox series s but i can only download the demo version which does not work on series s did it get removed?...
  6. Can you still get orange box on the series x/s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you still get orange box on the series x/s?: I'm looking all over the place and its not for sale anywhere online. a2122820-ea06-46d8-8c11-7c6e122db0df
  7. Orange box

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Orange box: I recently purchased the orange box disc for the 360, am I able to use the disc and play it on the xbox one? cb49aacc-464f-4960-acb3-e79f9183e6cf
  8. Orange box

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Orange box: Does any one know how much orange box costs 5a1bc3e5-ddee-4550-baca-b275860ffcf1
  9. I wanna by the orange box online, but it isn't working. It just says that the content isn't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I wanna by the orange box online, but it isn't working. It just says that the content isn't...: I've been trying to get tf2 on xbox for some time now since I don't have a PC. So the only reasonable way was to either A. Get it through NVIDA through the web browser. Or B. Get the orange...
  10. Can I still purchase the orange box on xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I still purchase the orange box on xbox 360?: Can I still purchase the orange box on xbox 360 3efeb7bd-fdd3-4864-856e-9bb55029a781