The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.

Discus and support The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can‘t change it. a5a69b26-18a5-439e-8796-96764490afc1 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Oscar Alexander1, Dec 30, 2023.

1. The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.

The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can‘t change it.

:)

Oscar Alexander1, Dec 30, 2023
  2. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Hey there, Oscar Alexander1

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

A parent or family organiser can change this setting. More information on how a family organiser can change these settings can be found on this article here: Manage Xbox online safety and privacy settings | Xbox Support

You will need to click onto the section that says Manage a member's online safety and privacy settings for more information. In addition to this, there has been some recent changes made due to laws and legislation that have been introduced in countries around the world where companies must enforce child safety settings on social media sites. Depending on your region, depends on if these laws apply.

Hope this helps,

Nathan
  3. Mcmax3000 Win User

Changing my age ?

You cannot change the age but you can turn off Parental Controls. See:
    support.xbox.com/.../parental-control
    for the steps (that document tells you how to turn them on but it is the same steps for turning them off... You can see the Off option in the image).
  4. melanie brown2 Win User

Very weird predicament, how to take off parental controls.

hi. my name is mel and i am an independent advisor. To turn off the parental controls on Xbox, follow these steps:

Go to the Xbox Home screen.

Navigate to the ‘Settings’ option.

Select the ‘All Settings’ option.

Choose the ‘Account’ option.

Go to the ‘Family’ section.

Select the ‘parental control’ option.

Choose the ‘Off’ option.

Enter your password to confirm the changes.

hope this helps
  5. SherrySparks Win User

How can I uninstall the Xbox Game Bar App? I never use it and it takes up too much storage space.

I want to UNINSTALL it, not just turn the options off. Why is UNINSTALL greyed out?
  6. Akira Isen Win User

I can't join Realms on the Windows 10 edition "because of how my account is set up"

I also need help because I'm being redirected to the "Why can’t I change my privacy settings?" page but I have no parental controls or parent microsoft account.
Thema:

1. The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it. - Similar Threads - option turn off

2. Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.

in XboX Insiders
    Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.: It would be nice if you informed the Xbox system development team to enable some option in this regard, PlayStation has several options in sleep mode to supply power to the USB ports: Always give...
  3. Please help.. I'd turned cross play option off on my xbox I've tried to turn them back on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help.. I'd turned cross play option off on my xbox I've tried to turn them back on...: Hi all hopefully someone can help I'd turned cross play option off in my xbox settings so I'd only play with xbox users but now when I try to turn it back on again its saying it on I.e I can play...
  4. eternal storage wont turn off when xbox does the option in stetting is greyed out for it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    eternal storage wont turn off when xbox does the option in stetting is greyed out for it to...: no matter what i do storage wont tunr off its greyed out in stetting options ots weird 64702c04-374d-4ffd-ac47-4ca666ccc736
  5. Is it possible to bring an option to turn on and off smart delivery so that I can choose...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to bring an option to turn on and off smart delivery so that I can choose...: I’ve had a lot of trouble with games ever since buying an Xbox series X and am unable to afford the 2TB expansion card and wouldn’t mind turning of smart delivery so that I can still play my games...
  6. Why is there aren't any option to diminish brightness or turn off the Xbox logo's light...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is there aren't any option to diminish brightness or turn off the Xbox logo's light...: Hello, Why in 2023, there isn't any options yet on PC, to configure the logo's light brightness of a Xbox standard controller with the "Xbox Accessories" app from the Microsoft Store, unlike on...
  7. Turning off "optional data sharing" for pc game pass.

in XBoX on Windows
    Turning off "optional data sharing" for pc game pass.: For consoles I'm aware there is a way to turn optional data sharing off, but I couldn't find any such option for pc. First of all, is there any optional data sharing for pc, and if yes, how do we...
  8. Option to turn off predictive text on Xbox consoles?

in XBoX on Windows
    Option to turn off predictive text on Xbox consoles?: Hello, I would like to politely request an option to remove predictive text on Xbox, it is very annoying as recently it'll automatically go to the predictive text and won't let me type with the...
  9. Turn Smart delivery Off option pls

in XboX Insiders
    Turn Smart delivery Off option pls: Can we pls have an option to turn off smart delivery for games w xb1 versions so we can launch from externals. Some of us cant drop that kind of cash on ssds.... delta ring i think submitted by...
  10. Is there an option to turn off Controller Auto Sleep yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there an option to turn off Controller Auto Sleep yet?: question is in the title. my xbox is too far to connect a USB to my controller because my USB is very short. im trying to watch stuff with my headphones in but they disconnect everytime thr...