The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...

Discus and support The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Social widget displays a message reads "Install the Xbox app to get the latest widget updates" at the top of friends list, taking up a considerable... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/FlamingDawn, Jan 8, 2024.

1. The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...

Social widget displays a message reads "Install the Xbox app to get the latest widget updates" at the top of friends list, taking up a considerable amount of the already tight space. The situation worsens when running a full-screen game at a lower resolution, where the whole scrollable area could be obscured.

The message is not localized in my language, nor a button is provided to hide it. The only way to get rid of it temporarily is to select "Install" which is the only offered button, before it comes back when game bar is cold-launched the next time.

Xbox app adds noting to my PC gaming experience, though I do play Asphalt and Minecraft installed via Microsoft Store. I think it is fairly reasonable to not install an app that I don't need. However, Game Bar punishes user for not having one of its same-branded products on the PC. I hope this would cease.

submitted by /u/FlamingDawn
    [link] [comments]

/u/FlamingDawn, Jan 8, 2024
  2. XBF John Win User

How to disable "Claim your points!" notifications on Xbox game bar social notifications?

Thank you for the clarifications, so it looks like the Game Bar is the only program that does not have a setting to silence or ignore those. I assume, even with the Epic Games store, FH5 is an Xbox game that requires Xbox authentication, so regardless of platform, the system will connect those achievements in regard to rewards all the same.

If that is the case with the Game Bar App I think most if not all other notifications appear in the Xbox App - that is achievements and party invites. I would recommend testing it personally, as I have seen these notifications in the App myself but want to make sure this works for you as well. I've sent an ask to a team about it to see if there is a way to single out these notifications, but overall, it may be easier, for now, to silence game bar notifications completely - not the Mobile or Xbox App on PC and see if the relevant notifications appear there, rather than the Game Bar.

When I have a solution or answer from the aforementioned team, I'll share what answer I can from them.

Thank you,

3. At the Nozzle Win User

Fifa 19

Hey darkmasterjack8,

Games have to install themselves to a hard drive first. They do not start immediately.

Checking the status of a game or an app installation on your Xbox One console is easy. You can see the status at any time by following these steps:

1. On Home, move right and select My games & apps.
    2. Scroll down to Queue.
    Active downloads appear with a progress bar along the bottom of its respective tile.

When a download is complete, you'll see a notification on your screen. Holding the Xbox button when the notification is on the screen will open the notification center, and you can launch
    the title from there.

Best,

Nozzle :)
  4. Richard Vazquez1 Win User

I dont get party invites on my Xbox game bar - PC VERSION

Xbox companion app is discontinued, and the "Party Invitations" and "Games" notification settings are nonexistent in the Xbox PC app. Settings for invites and messages are all on the Game Bar app for PC.

You'll just have to make sure these settings are checked after reinstalling the game bar @ (Game Bar)Settings>Notifications>Xbox Social>Notify me when I'm invited to a party or multiplayer game
  5. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Why can't i have the same dashboard as Xbox 360 on my Xbox one s

Unfortunately it's a completely new system both on and under the surface. So I can't see how it would be possible to maintain the same appearance at one of the Xbox 360 dashboards. Even over the lifetime of the Xbox 360, the dashboard changes drastically
    as new features were added.

As for your notifications, it's possible to dismiss individual notifications and also clear the entire list as well. If you press Xbox Guide button, cycle over to the settings icon (the gear), then click on "App & system notifications". From here you can
    press X to dismiss the highlighted notification, or press Y to clear of them at once.

I hope that helps.
  6. MistarAbde Win User

Installing Games/Apps onto D Drive through Xbox app/Windows Store

I am trying to install games and apps onto my D drive instead of C drive through the Xbox app and Windows store on Game pass.

I have set the default drive to install apps to through Windows settings

I have set the default drive through the Xbox app settings

I get a notification when going to install the game, asking which drive to install to, and instruct it to install to the D drive

Every time though, it ignores this and installs to me C drive.

If I try to move the app through settings, the "Moving" notification and progress bar appears for a split second before disappearing, with no error information, but not having moved the file.

There are some apps that are installed on my D drive, and the pattern seems to be apps that require Admin approval are the ones not install onto my D drive.

Could someone try and resolve the issue, as it's incredibly frustrating for a service that is no longer in beta.
Thema:

The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...

1. The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on... - Similar Threads - Non Dismissible Notification

2. non-party audio coming through tv, despite “mute speaker audio when headset attached” turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    non-party audio coming through tv, despite “mute speaker audio when headset attached” turned on: this didnt happen until today, same headset i’ve used before , but it will only play party audio through my headset, and plays everything else from my tv. i have been messing with audio settings...
  3. Customer service non existent

in XBoX on Consoles
    Customer service non existent: It's impossible to get through to anyone to speak about my Xbox headset that's in warranty and has broken after less than two months use, I've tried going through all of the automated channels and...
  4. How to Remove an Account From a Non-Working Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    How to Remove an Account From a Non-Working Xbox?: So I just bought a used Xbox One X from Amazon it worked the First Day I managed to make an account and download some free games but the next day it wouldn’t connect so I’m going to return it but...
  5. Xbox Series X, I lost my Wish List on non-insider box.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X, I lost my Wish List on non-insider box.: I am not insider, but, I think this is the appropriate place to ask technically problems? I am in LA area, a few days ago, I noticed my wish list is empty. I am pretty sure I didn't remove it...
  6. Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc: i use a Bluetooth headset that is plugged into my pc. It works perfectly fine when i use mouse and keyboard and if i use a ps5 controller. the second i plug an xbox series x controller into my pc...
  7. I lag non stop but only when my brothers ps5 is online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lag non stop but only when my brothers ps5 is online: Is there a fix to this problem because its only been happening for a couple of weeks 109232d6-04d6-46f5-8ea2-81e94af44506
  8. Why are my non friends not receiving my messages?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my non friends not receiving my messages?: Hi all, I play a lot of Warframe, and with that I do a lot of buying and selling of items in the game. This means that I have to message a lot of people on Xbox for certain questions. Over the...
  9. Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...

in XboX Insiders
    Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...: www.tomsguide.com/news/xbox-cloud-gaming-select-titles “We’re excited to share that later this year, it’s our intent to roll out the ability for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members to play, from the...
  10. If I get a non cross-platform game like Naruto ninja storm 4 on Xbox pc app can I play with...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If I get a non cross-platform game like Naruto ninja storm 4 on Xbox pc app can I play with...: If I get a non cross-platform game like Naruto ninja storm 4 on Xbox pc app can I play with my friend on xbox ed975e6e-9914-47ca-8bf9-88b2248c10d8