The Next Halo

Discus and support The Next Halo in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; tbh i dont think 343 did the MP for halo 4 not sure though but i love the single player and i do enjoy the MP ill be getting halo 5 with out a doubt... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by N7 Gh0stz, Jan 9, 2014.

1. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest

The Next Halo

tbh i dont think 343 did the MP for halo 4 not sure though but i love the single player and i do enjoy the MP ill be getting halo 5 with out a doubt

:)

N7 Gh0stz, Jan 9, 2014
  2. "The Best Games Are on Xbox One"

He means "Halo" as in the next ground breaking game like Halo was not as in the next Halo game I believe.

nsanitydoomed, Jan 9, 2014
  3. King Tones
    King Tones Guest
    Shadow Of Mordor

Still not started this, am cracking on with Halo then this will be my next game I reckon.

King Tones, Jan 9, 2014
  4. xenomorph v1
    xenomorph v1 Guest

The Next Halo

Hey all.

Firstly, to the people who don't like Halo so much... That's obviously ok, being a fan or enjoying a game is a subjective thing. You either like it, love it, or you don't. For those that thought Halo 4 was garbage, that's your opinion, but I have to say,
    that if you had played all the games, read the books, watched the animated media (Halo Legends) etc, Halo 4's campaign would have been MUCH more enjoyable.

I've had this discussion many times before, and it's always interesting, but for me personally, H4 made me geek out hard. Now, I have to say, Halo is the only game I've invested time into when it comes to the fiction, and I'm not a big reader, but it sucked
    me in big time.

I have all the special/Legendary editions of the Halo games, limited edition controllers, all but three of the books, various other paraphernalia... and the Reach console... I'll never ditch my 360, and am holding out for the possibility of a Halo 5 themed
    Xbox One.

I know some of you won't care, but hey, it's a forum and it's a topic I'm excited about discussing.

Do you have a Halo collection of any kind, what have you got?

Cheers.

xenomorph v1, Jan 9, 2014
  5. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    I got the halo 3 helmet and the halo reach statue best bit is both r still in the box never opened.

N7 Gh0stz, Jan 9, 2014
  6. xenomorph v1
    xenomorph v1 Guest
    Hey vG...

Nice. That helmet was/is pretty sweet, and the Noble team statue too. I did open the boxes, but only to get the games out, they're safely tucked away in a cupboard all these years later. I might let them out if I ever get my man cave.

I think 343 did a good job of H4, considering the shoes they had to fill... I bet H5 will surpass a lot of people's expectations, but only time will tell. I just know I'm eagerly awaiting more media on it.

xenomorph v1, Jan 10, 2014
  7. I have the Halo 4 edition xbox controller, an energy sword pen, and have a work in progress Cortana cosplay. Not sure when I'm actually gonna get around to finishing it though.

And I too enjoyed Halo 4, MP and all. Again, this is my opinion, but all the Halo 3 hipsters need to lighten up. We know Halo was at its peak and everyone jizzes over the MP... but it's still enjoyable if you let it be.

MurderTramp17, Jan 10, 2014
  8. The Next Halo

I had the controller but unfortunately my dog chewed the thumb sticks off. Have all the 360 Halo games and a copy of Halo 3 for PC.

Stevie77-973E6220-A15A-4A6F-A6AF-4D22264283B1, Jan 10, 2014
  9. I love halo and i have bought every single one. I even played Halo CE on Xboxconnect aka online. It was the bomb. I cant wait for Halo 5 with its dedicated servers!

USMC BEEF PATTY, Jan 10, 2014
  10. C0MP3LLED
    C0MP3LLED Guest
    didn't they lose a big a dev from 343 that worked on Halo 4?

C0MP3LLED, Jan 10, 2014
  11. Stevie77-973E6220-A15A-4A6F-A6AF-4D22264283B1, Jan 10, 2014
  12. Fat Drew1469
    Fat Drew1469 Guest
    I'm extra excited now. I mean I'm always excited for a new halo game. The only one that I've played that I didn't like was halo wars.

Fat Drew1469, Jan 10, 2014
  13. xenomorph v1
    xenomorph v1 Guest

The Next Halo

xenomorph v1, Jan 11, 2014
  14. II H0RSE II
    II H0RSE II Guest
    [quote user="ThanatosXRS"]Yay I wanna play CoD in space, I mean its not like I buy CoD for Cod and Halo for Halo, no I bough Halo 4 because I was so interested in playing a Halo themed CoD. Halo 4 was garbage hence it died in 2 weeks [/quote]

Halo 4 may have implemented features from COD, but even still, it was nothing like COD. Different framerate, different damage scales, different weapon mechanics, different overall pace, etc.

II H0RSE II, Jan 11, 2014
  15. [quote user="II H0RSE II"]

[quote user="ThanatosXRS"]Yay I wanna play CoD in space, I mean its not like I buy CoD for Cod and Halo for Halo, no I bough Halo 4 because I was so interested in playing a Halo themed CoD. Halo 4 was garbage hence it died in 2 weeks [/quote]

Halo 4 may have implemented features from COD, but even still, it was nothing like COD. Different framerate, different damage scales, different weapon mechanics, different overall pace, etc.

[/quote]

I can see both sides of this debate. Of course Halo doesn't play like CoD. But the fact that it does implement some of its features just naturally makes people draw those lines of similarity.

Here's the thing, at least for me. I loved CE, played dozens of SP games. I loved H2. Don't think I played as many SP games of it... but its MP really set a standard IMO. Halo 3's SP was still good, IMO. I probably had close to as many SP playthroughs with
    it as H2. Wasn't as much of a fan of its MP but it wasn't bad. I really liked Halo: Reach's SP... MP not so much.

Drawing perspective from those games, here's what I feel. All of those Halo games played differently with each having its own slightly (or not so slightly at times) different feel from the others. At the same time, they also had common ties that made them feel
    connected. They all 'said Halo' to me. That brings me to my key point. They all
    only
    'said Halo' to me. There was no defining moment in any of those games where I was suddenly hit with a feeling of "Whoa! this feels like <insert game name here>".

Enter Halo 4. I just can't say that about H4. I had several defining moments, the first in SP, where I was sneaking into a Forerunner structure on Requiem. As my thumb reached for the crouch button, the old CoD muscle memory kicked in and I had my first ever
    in the Halo series defining moment where I thought "Wow... that was a CoD move".

Now don't take it the wrong way, it didn't ruin the game for me and I'm not saying it's 'like playing CoD in space'. I guess the best way to put it would be to say that the previous titles felt different from each other by leaning in their own direction, away
    from the previous title. Whereas H4 feels different from the others by leaning in its own direction... but towards another [CoD] title.

That being said, I'm still looking forward to H5 and I hope that 343 will find a way to refresh the Halo series by leaning in their own unique direction. I certainly won't condemn them for their first attempt to fill the shoes of such a huge entity that has
    become the Halo saga.

A Blue Illusion, Jan 12, 2014
Thema:

The Next Halo

1. The Next Halo - Similar Threads - Next Halo

2. Why is there a ⚠️ next to my expansion for explorers on my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is there a ⚠️ next to my expansion for explorers on my xbox: I was trying to install minecraft skin packs using the download URL option, but everytime I try to download files, they don't go through. Below the link, it will say "download paused, cancelled,...
  3. I was Wondering when the next Marketplace application round is opening or when it would...

in XBoX on Windows
    I was Wondering when the next Marketplace application round is opening or when it would...: I was Wondering when the next Marketplace application round is opening or when it would likely be? As I was wanting to publish a world onto the marketplace fc222b4d-6d8d-48a5-ad4c-1eb6024eafb4
  4. Go Team Xbox ; When is the next introduction of a team member?

in XboX Insiders
    Go Team Xbox ; When is the next introduction of a team member?: Yall wanna hear a crazy story, one night on Duty, a Nuclear Powered Submarine moored to the pier had an unexplained vent value malfunction and was loosing ballast (air). I jumped in the water on...
  5. Hi all I have tried the hard reset but it does not seem to work what can I do next ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi all I have tried the hard reset but it does not seem to work what can I do next ?: Having the same problem on xbox one s tried the hard reset but it does not work , what can I do next please ? 266ff8cb-3690-4824-b65f-2dbc96453265
  6. Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...: I have owned both a elite one and Elite 2 both of which the glued hand grips have come away one actually injuring me so I was wondering if Microsoft was going to drop their scummy attitude of...
  7. exclamation point next to name - Halo infinite. How do I fix this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    exclamation point next to name - Halo infinite. How do I fix this?: around 3 weeks ago on Halo Infinite my gamertag begin showing a exclamation point with a triangle around it. I've searched the internet, but I cannot find a solution to this problem. Since this...
  8. Next year Xbox & Halo will be 20years old should they do sumthing special?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Next year Xbox & Halo will be 20years old should they do sumthing special?: Anyone remember Fuzion Frenzy? well i remember dat it was released the same day the original xbox was released they should remaster all the games dat were released on 11-15-2001 * Moved from...
  9. Will Halo: MC Collection be on sale sometime in the next 4 weeks?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Halo: MC Collection be on sale sometime in the next 4 weeks?: I was just wondering if it was going to be on sale in the xbox store by January. Don't need to know the deal by what amount, just want to know if it's going to happen....
  10. Halo 5: Guardians Has Gone Gold, Digital Pre-Downloading Starts Next Week!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo 5: Guardians Has Gone Gold, Digital Pre-Downloading Starts Next Week!: .......... Hello everyone :) ........ I didn't wait for the midnight release of ANY game, I just pick them up later in the late afternoon / night :) ......... With that being said, I have...