The new profanity system is awful in my opinion

Discus and support The new profanity system is awful in my opinion in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Personally I think the whole 8 strikes thing is stupid, and I’ll give a few points as to why I think this. First and foremost, it’s online gaming, who... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Competitive-Bass-121, Oct 5, 2023.

1. The new profanity system is awful in my opinion

Personally I think the whole 8 strikes thing is stupid, and I’ll give a few points as to why I think this. First and foremost, it’s online gaming, who hasn’t cussed each other out over a heated game or 1v1? You can’t expect people to just not say a certain word because of children or whatever. I can 100% get behind banning people for hate speech but I got a strike for saying “shit” during a match of for honor. To me that’s ridiculous and only serves to keep people from interacting with each other due to the reporting being used for such arbitrary things. Second, what was wrong about blocking or hitting mute on people? It’s far more effective in my opinion to just block users that may have upset you rather than legitimately taking away the ability to communicate with any of their friends online. Again hate speech is one thing but for something as little as “shit” shouldn’t get me banned for 3 days. I’m sure some of you will disagree with me so let’s have a discussion on the topic.

submitted by /u/Competitive-Bass-121
    [link] [comments]

/u/Competitive-Bass-121, Oct 5, 2023
  2. MoshedBrotatoe Win User

Silent Hill: Downpour

Last one I played was Homecoming. ...And it was pretty awful in my opinion. The save system made it almost unplayable for me.
  3. UnchargedTerror Win User

Cloud Saves Sux

The Cloud System Is Fairly Awful, as it acts different on another console than your own console, things lag and its poorly designed in my opinion
  4. HL Mercenary Win User

Duplicate FR's & Messages

"The forums are a friendly place to seek help and advice, not a place to vent profanities." Are you serious right now? How dare you tell me that I'm venting out profanities. Is "Pissing me off" really a profanity to you or Xbox forums!? I'm simply giving
    my opinion on this situation, not venting out profanities.

This is what I ttied: I cleared the System Cache, deleted my profile only. Recovered my profile and then I cleared the system cache just to be safe... Nothing changed. I even formatted my Xbox and nothing. Any further tips would be appreciated.
  5. LiquidKnives89 Win User

Saints Row 4 Could Come as Soon as August

Pass. Saints Row 3 was awful in my opinion.
  6. Payer Win User

Minecraft or Fortnite?

Without a doubt Minecraft. Fortnite in my opinion is just... awful.
Thema:

The new profanity system is awful in my opinion

1. The new profanity system is awful in my opinion - Similar Threads - profanity system awful

2. Is saying ahh considered profanity?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is saying ahh considered profanity?: I messaged this guy and it was something like, “Five year old ahh comeback” We were messing around and he thought it to report me and I got a 20 day comms ban? But he also sent a voice message...
  3. Profanity

in XBoX Accessibility
    Profanity: If Microsoft was smart, which they clearly aren't, instead of banning players for profanity they would create an algorithm that would block audio of players who are joining games for youger...
  4. I tried to put Deo Vindice as my gamer tag but it says is not allowed. There's no profanity...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried to put Deo Vindice as my gamer tag but it says is not allowed. There's no profanity...: I tried to put Deo Vindice as my gamer tag but it says is not not allowed. What's wrong with the name bdede4e4-de7e-4c20-ac67-474429fafbcf
  5. Profanity

in XBoX Accessibility
    Profanity: All these years have past and you geniuses at Microsoft still don't seem to be too bright when it comes to profanity! The games some of us play play profanity, while playing online, but gamers are...
  6. Why does Xbox even allow for profanity bans if it has a built in filter for it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Xbox even allow for profanity bans if it has a built in filter for it?: You have to manually decide to turn off the filter. If you make the choice to turn off the filter you should not be able to get someone communication banned just for using a profanity. This is the...
  7. Own name banned due to profanity filter

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Own name banned due to profanity filter: Hello, I've been trying to play Football Manager 23 with the Xbox Game Pass, however, I can't use my own name to create a character... I was told by the FM23 Support that it is due to the...
  8. The profanity filter on Xbox cloud gaming is to strict

in XBoX Accessibility
    The profanity filter on Xbox cloud gaming is to strict: On Xbox cloud gaming the profanity filter is too strict. Half the time my messages are blocked leaveling me felling angry. You can't say shut up or I got hit by a car in GTA. There's no setting I...
  9. Profanity filter on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Profanity filter on PC: I am playing dead by daylight on the windows store/PC xbox app version and there is a profanity filter that players from other platforms don't have. It applies to other player's names and the...
  10. Why is 33 on the list of filtered profanity?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is 33 on the list of filtered profanity?: Like honestly, the lfg is already difficult enough to use, but constantly updating the profanity filter with actual nonsense that quite effectively disallows players to even word their posts...