The *new* Microsoft edge won't allow websites to play audio.

Discus and support The *new* Microsoft edge won't allow websites to play audio. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So already today the Xbox update killed my console and after an hour of so I finally got it back running. However in this time I noticed it had the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GunSniper N7, Jul 10, 2021.

1. GunSniper N7
    GunSniper N7 Guest

So already today the Xbox update killed my console and after an hour of so I finally got it back running.

However in this time I noticed it had the new edge app installed. Didn't think much of it at the time.

HOWEVER

I decided I wanted to unwind and find something to watch on the Internet, so I loaded up edge and went browsing after a few tries I found no audio was playing. None and, I've tried everything I can to find a fix but everything I've tried doesn't work. It will play YouTube but not much else.

I need help.

:)

GunSniper N7, Jul 10, 2021
  2. Just a Volunteer Win User

The "new" MS Edge is only available on Xbox console to Insider Alpha Skip Ahead preview ring at the moment. Check Reddit Xbox Insider about similar issues others are having with "new" Edge. This Forum is for General release issues.
  3. GunSniper N7 Win User

That can't really be the issue I tried a few different sites and video plays just no audio.
  4. ngocphi Win User

That would be an issue with the codec

You have to talk to the webmaster

YouTube and most modern websites uses html5 which doesn't need codecs
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Microsoft Edge - Can it be Deleted?

On the parental settings you should be able to disable all websites for her account, and the console Edge should adhere to that. You can then add sites your child is allowed to use to a whitelist, so the kid can ONLY visit the sites you set up to be allowed.
    Everything else will be inaccessible.

Instructions on how to limit website usage are here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/...ck-inappropriate-websites-windows-10-xbox-one

As the Edge app is a system app for the Xbox One, you can't uninstall it. You can however tell Edge which websites are allowed and to block everything else with the instructions above.
  6. JasonClaassen Win User

Microsoft Edge not loading certain websites

Hi ,

Does it still do the same thing if you tried it in the InPrivate window?

Eric
    Sorry, I'm new to Edge didn't know Inprivate was built in. Yes it does the same thing when I use it, and opening and closing it doesn't fix the problem. I tested it every other website works, except for fanfiction.net when I'm tried to load a story.
Thema:

1. The *new* Microsoft edge won't allow websites to play audio. - Similar Threads - *new* Microsoft edge

2. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  3. New Computer Steam (Running Install Script Microsoft VC Redistributable)

in XBoX on Windows
    New Computer Steam (Running Install Script Microsoft VC Redistributable): I just started up my brand new IBUYPOWER computer with MSI motherboard, i7 13700f, got everything updated on microsoft and everything else needed. downloaded Steam and Day Z and everytime I click...
  4. How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?: I need to link my Microsoft account to the playstation account for Minecraft and sea of thieves when it comes out but I'm having trouble doing so. ee52402d-f476-4307-905e-63091ebd38e3
  5. I just got a new Microsoft PC and the game I download from steam auto crashes

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got a new Microsoft PC and the game I download from steam auto crashes: I'm not sure if this is an issue with steam, the game or the PC so I'm just gonna post here first, I got a new computer for my birthday because I wanted to play a 3D dungeon crawler RPG (I...
  6. Microsoft Flight Simulator PC cannot login on new computer but plays fine on old computer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Flight Simulator PC cannot login on new computer but plays fine on old computer: I purchased MFS from Microsoft store on old PC. Works fine. Bought a new PC and tried to login and MFS does not show up. I have a copy of the digital ownership and it plays fine on old PC but...
  7. How do I merge my old Java account with my new Microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I merge my old Java account with my new Microsoft account?: I have an old Java edition Minecraft account, and I missed the migration window so I bought Minecraft again. I can tell Microsoft still has access to the data in my old account though because it...
  8. My friends microsoft account says he doesnt own minecraft when he signs in on his new pc,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friends microsoft account says he doesnt own minecraft when he signs in on his new pc,...: Ive tried to see if it would work by downloading the launcher through the microsoft webstore and checking the website and it says they dont own minecraft at all. I thought that if you owned one...
  9. Updated Microsoft Account Email, Now My Xbox Thinks I Have A Brand New Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Updated Microsoft Account Email, Now My Xbox Thinks I Have A Brand New Account: I lost access to a very old email account that was originally used when setting up my original Microsoft/Xbox Live account. I was able to update my Microsoft account email and the primary alias is...
  10. I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox in my name but my child cant use his...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox in my name but my child cant use his...: I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox for my child for xmas but he cant use his headset to talk to friends why is this? 01ac49d7-7f8b-42bc-9b68-95c805540615