The Mysterious Case Of Sherlock Holmes...

Discus and support The Mysterious Case Of Sherlock Holmes... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So "Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter" is knocking about the "New Releases" section of the store... But not in any shops. Listed as the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Azrael008uk, May 9, 2016.

1. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest

So "Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter" is knocking about the "New Releases" section of the store...

But not in any shops.

Listed as the "Pre-Order Edition" it also states it was released 6 days ago (in the UK at least) and the weird thing is...

It looks good.

This doesn't guarantee a good game but it definately looks head and shoulders better than any Sherlock game that came before it and arguably better than a lot of stuff out now.

Is this coming into shops or is it a Digital Only affair?

If the latter then there's a risk that digital only content such as this will get lost in the sea of crap which is the current XBox Marketplace where a sea of "XBox LIVE Arcade" fodder mires up the Marketplace so that a potentially decent title such as this
    that haven't had the benefit of any hype or publicity are easily obscured.

Anyone know much more about this title?

:)

Azrael008uk, May 9, 2016
  2. R1CH5TER
    R1CH5TER Guest
    R1CH5TER, May 9, 2016
  3. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest
    Anybody know of any more crime solving games?

Just an FYI -- There's a new Sherlock Holmes game being released next month. The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (Or something like that). Looks kinda like the last game, only with better graphics. I'll be picking it up.

Eggnogga, May 9, 2016
  4. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

I actually liked the Last SH game. I do not know much about this but I didn't like the trailer. It's the whole supernatural vibe that doesn't really fit into SH game in my opinion. Still, I'll wait for a few reviews.

brandiesel1, May 9, 2016
  5. TheMapleKid
    TheMapleKid Guest
    No you can buy hard copies, around the £30 mark. Some speculation on the release date but from what I can see it's either the end of this month or the first week or so in June.

TheMapleKid, May 9, 2016
  6. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    I agree with you about the supernatural vibe not really fitting in with Sherlock Holmes but it's certainly a head turner visually.

Like you say, It's a case of having to take a closer look and discover if there is an element of depth beyond the shiny graphics.

Azrael008uk, May 9, 2016
  7. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    There was an article about this over on XBA's site but it seems to of been taken down,which is weird.

Do like the Sherlock Holmes games,they're a nice change of pace,but I do have to be in the right mood to play them.

Think SH Vs Jack the Ripper is my favourite one,apart from those dodgy cockney accents.

Daft Badger, May 9, 2016
  8. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest

Great game ruined by the achievement for butchering pigs heads as if you were a mindless child.

Probably the worst miss-able achievement in the history of achievements.

Hopefully this will not be as stupidly designed.

Azrael008uk, May 11, 2016
  9. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    Oh dear.

My wife and i thought we were in for an entertaining puzzle solver like "Sherlock Holmes vs Jack The Ripper".

Unfortunately what we've had so far is Internet Forum quality Sherlock "Fan Fiction" and frustrating gameplay.

Remember "Fight Night" and how you had to line up both thumbsticks in a small area and keep them there even though it was moving around... and how that was annoying and frustrating?

This mechanic features far too prominently in this game.

Early doors verdict would be "Avoid". The game is weird, both in it's story and in it's gameplay presentation.

We're not writing it off completely though and shall plod on further but it's not looking good.

Azrael008uk, Jun 17, 2016
  10. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    ^^ I haven't heard many good things about it. Does it at least have puzzles as good as Crimes and Punishment?

brandiesel1, Jun 18, 2016
  11. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Same here.Think this will be a rental for me

Daft Badger, Jun 18, 2016
  12. Mikey Mud
    Mikey Mud Guest
    I only found out about the newest Sherlock Holmes game today. I've found every game somewhat underwhelming, but I love Sherlock Holmes, and I just keep playing each and every game that comes out hoping they'll finally hit gold. But...

Anyway, here's what I've found regarding SH:TDD - seems like (as of early July 2016) it is still only out for PC. Other platforms later:

mspoweruser.com/xbox-one-wont-get-sherlock-holmes-devils-daughter-summer

Mikey Mud, Jul 8, 2016
  13. R1CH5TER
    R1CH5TER Guest

R1CH5TER, Jul 8, 2016
  14. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Yeah,it came out on June 10th,well,in the U.K. anyway.

Daft Badger, Jul 8, 2016
  15. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    Very poor so far. No true puzzles as of yet.

Only annoying minigames that advance the story.

Azrael008uk, Oct 31, 2018
  16. Mikey Mud Win User

I only found out about the newest Sherlock Holmes game today. I've found every game somewhat underwhelming, but I love Sherlock Holmes, and I just keep playing each and every game that comes out hoping they'll finally hit gold. But...

Anyway, here's what I've found regarding SH:TDD - seems like (as of early July 2016) it is still only out for PC. Other platforms later:

mspoweruser.com/xbox-one-wont-get-sherlock-holmes-devils-daughter-summer
  17. Azrael008uk Win User

Great game ruined by the achievement for butchering pigs heads as if you were a mindless child.

Probably the worst miss-able achievement in the history of achievements.

Hopefully this will not be as stupidly designed.
  18. Daft Badger Win User

There was an article about this over on XBA's site but it seems to of been taken down,which is weird.

Do like the Sherlock Holmes games,they're a nice change of pace,but I do have to be in the right mood to play them.

Think SH Vs Jack the Ripper is my favourite one,apart from those dodgy cockney accents.
  19. Azrael008uk Win User

I agree with you about the supernatural vibe not really fitting in with Sherlock Holmes but it's certainly a head turner visually.

Like you say, It's a case of having to take a closer look and discover if there is an element of depth beyond the shiny graphics.
  20. TheMapleKid Win User

No you can buy hard copies, around the £30 mark. Some speculation on the release date but from what I can see it's either the end of this month or the first week or so in June.
Thema:

1. The Mysterious Case Of Sherlock Holmes... - Similar Threads - Mysterious Case Sherlock

2. How do I get a case review and appeal a suspension for doing nothing wrong?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get a case review and appeal a suspension for doing nothing wrong?: I posted a group post for the game warframe stating "Wts wisp prime for 120" and others was doing the same yet i was reported for it and suspended. I'm not even sure why i was reported or anything...
  3. Xbox Housing / Case replacement

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Housing / Case replacement: Hi All, we have a xbox series x and i wanted to clean a mark on the outside and the cleaning product rubbed away some of the cover off and left a mark. The Xbox is working fine it hasnt caused...
  4. I accidentally left a cd case over the Xbox series x ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally left a cd case over the Xbox series x ventilation: So I accidentally left a cd case on the Xbox series x that I got a week ago and i didn’t notice and I started playing for honor for maybe almost an hour until I noticed.I got scared and I took the...
  5. Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases?: I have an Xbox Elite 2 controller, my first, expensive controller, and I've been happy with it so far. Now the bumpers are starting to be faulty, the fault is already known. The controller is...
  6. Does limited warranty cover any case damage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does limited warranty cover any case damage?: The bottom panel and back panel broke off my xbox series s and its causing massive overheating and i cant play any games or even watch youtube for that matter. Does limited warranty cover this?...
  7. Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke: Microphone plastic casing broke and I have seen an insane amount of people with the same issue. Is microsoft doing anything about this? I tried going through the site for warranty but it says my...
  8. Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?: I was playing Siege and got invited to a party by my team. I did not respond due to my 9 month old son being asleep and not wanting to talk. Skip forward and we lost a round and I received 15...
  9. xbox accessories app. 2 of the 3 profiles have mysteriously changed to default, leaving me...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox accessories app. 2 of the 3 profiles have mysteriously changed to default, leaving me...: I used to have 3 different configured profiles on the xbox accessories app, which I could change between, while playing, at any moment using my controller profile button . now 2 of the profiles,"...
  10. Minecraft mysteries

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft mysteries: Okay so I’m asking this off of a point where I got a recent suspension a few weeks ago that I already finished but I don’t know if this is related or not but I just got a recent message when...