The minecraft launcher says i have to buy the game even though i already own it.

Discus and support The minecraft launcher says i have to buy the game even though i already own it. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; A week or so ago i switched over to a new pc. Upon downloading the minecraft launcher on this new pc and signing in to my microsoft account it states... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by blueraptor101, Dec 12, 2023.

1. The minecraft launcher says i have to buy the game even though i already own it.

A week or so ago i switched over to a new pc. Upon downloading the minecraft launcher on this new pc and signing in to my microsoft account it states that i do not own minecraft and have to purchase it again. I am 100% sure i own minecraft and and am using the correct account. I even have the email recipt from 2018 and the old emails confirming the migration of my java account. I have gone through minecraft support but all they said was that they cannot help with account related issues as of sep/19/2023. What should i do?

:)

blueraptor101, Dec 12, 2023
  2. Annanda Martins Win User

The minecraft launcher says i have to buy the game even though i already own it.

Hi, my name is Annanda, thank you for your question and for reaching out.

Many people seems to have this issue regarding the Java Edition. I made a search and came across many people mentioning that this can be solved by unninstaling the Windows 10/11 launcher, and downloading the 7/8 launcher instead to launch the game.

Here is a useful comment i found on Reddit by blackmetro:

" The new launcher has mutiple problems
    including a "Play Demo" message OR incorrectly saying that you don't own the game.
    there are no benefits to using the new launcher to play Minecraft Java edition

Uninstall the buggy Windows 10/11 launcher

install the much more stable Windows 7/8 launcher from the below URL:

https://www.minecraft.net/download/alternative

Windows 7/8 Launcher is 100 times more stable (regardless of what Windows version you're actually using)
    it also lets you swap easily between different Java accounts, the new one does not

the older launcher does not support launching the Bedrock edition (aka the windows store version) but you can just launch the bedrock edition straight from the Microsoft store itself (no need for a launcher)

Once the old launcher is installed - you can remove the annoying "Please update your launcher message"
    by right clicking the launcher properties and set compatibility to Windows 8 (make it think you're using an older copy of windows)

If you're angry enough about the new launcher add details to the bug report page - https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCL-16570

Not using Windows?
    If you're on Mac or Linux OR just want to try a different launcher altogether - then try a 3rd party launcher

MultiMC

Badlion Client

Lunar client

Login:Null error
    If you have just completed migration - make sure you log out (and back into) the launcher with your new Microsoft credentials

Also check your license if correctly configured with these simple steps
    If you are still having issues, check your minecraft account license on the minecraft.net website

Navigate to - http://minecraft.net/profile

login with your Microsoft credentials

You should see a "My Games" list

you should see Minecraft Java Edition in your list of games

Here is an example of what your account should look like: Example.

If the Minecraft Java Edition tile - on the minecraft website - still says "Buy Now" (eg the screenshot) then you are either logged into the website with the wrong account - or - you havent migrated your account yet. "

Thank you blackmetro for the useful tips!

You can find this comment here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/uv8gf2/i_migrated_to_my_microsoft_account_but_minecraft/

This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.'

If this does not help you, i recommend contacting Support directly:

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/request/new?ticket_form_id=360001225811

I hope I was able to answer your questions! Please, if you have any other doubts, we are here to help.

If the reply was helpful, please don’t forget to upvote or accept as an answer, thank you.

Best Regards, Annanda.
  3. Random_473 Win User

Not being able to use Minecraft launcher even though it's installed

I just redownloaded Minecraft and when I did the game said "buy trial" even though I've already bought and downloaded the game. Well, at least it's not saying "incompatible with launcher" anymore, yet still it asks me to buy the game again.
  4. Diego Santos8 Win User

Minecraft Launcher asking me to buy Minecraft Bedrock even though I already own it.

None of those options worked, the account is definitely correct and I am using the same account for both. The launcher seems to be up to date as well. Surely, if I am able to play minecraft bedrock with that account on ios (I am able to join realms) then my account must have Bedrock, additionally when logging into the launcher with my brothers account who plays bedrock on PC, all it says is "Play Trial" so something is definitely wrong with the launcher. Is there anything else I can do? My PC is 7 years old, does it have something to do with that?
  5. Jhonkito Win User

Minecraft Launcher asking me to buy Minecraft Bedrock even though I already own it.

Hello again

It's a shame that none of my solutions worked for you, I don't have any more solutions for this type of problem, at this point we can do two things.

1. I release your question and let a more qualified expert than me take your question and try to solve it.

2. You go to support so that their experts can guide you in a pleasant way to your problem and you can solve it.

Which one do you choose?
  6. Jhonkito Win User

Hi, Diego my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

It's frustrating to see "Buy Now" when you already own Minecraft Bedrock Edition. Let's explore some possible reasons and solutions:

Account Mismatch:

There's a chance you're logged into the wrong Microsoft account on the Minecraft Launcher.

Double-check the email address associated with the account you used to purchase Bedrock Edition. Ensure you're using the same account on both the launcher and the official Minecraft website.

Launcher Outdated:

An outdated Minecraft Launcher can sometimes cause purchase verification issues. Check for updates by clicking on the three dots next to your username in the Launcher and selecting "Check for Updates." Install any available updates and restart the Launcher.

For your reference, I've included some links where you can find more details about the solutions I suggested

https://www.vintageisthenewold.com/...to-buy-minecraft-again-if-i-already-bought-it

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
Thema:

1. The minecraft launcher says i have to buy the game even though i already own it. - Similar Threads - minecraft launcher says

2. I bought Minecraft through the Minecraft website but in the launcher it still says buy now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft through the Minecraft website but in the launcher it still says buy now: I just bought Normal Minecraft which includes Minecraft Java, Minecraft Bedrock, and the Minecraft launcher but after downloading and opening the Minecraft launcher it still tells me to buy...
  3. I bought Minecraft Bedrock in 2019, and now it says "buy now" when I open the launcher.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft Bedrock in 2019, and now it says "buy now" when I open the launcher.: I bought minecraft in 2019, from the Microsoft store and I have played it until recently when they started their migration and "If you have one, you get the other". I never received Java, and it...
  4. Minecraft launcher says "Buy now" instead of "Play"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft launcher says "Buy now" instead of "Play": About 10 years ago I purchased Minecraft form the official minecraft.net website. Back then Mojang still owned the game. Fast forward to a few months ago my Microsoft account got hacked and I...
  5. The Minecraft Launcher is saying it can't connect to the microsoft store. I've tried...

in XBoX Accessibility
    The Minecraft Launcher is saying it can't connect to the microsoft store. I've tried...: I've tried everything I could find and think of. I have windows 10, but the latest launcher is the previous one which doesn't have bedrock edition, all the previous updates and a few other...
  6. Minecraft launcher is saying I don't own the game but I found the receipt in my email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft launcher is saying I don't own the game but I found the receipt in my email: I wanted to play minecraft again and I figured out how to get the new launcher working but now it says I don't own the Java edition. I went in my email and found the receipt from when I bought it...
  7. My Minecraft launcher says "There’s a problem with Minecraft Launcher. Reinstall the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Minecraft launcher says "There’s a problem with Minecraft Launcher. Reinstall the...: I'm trying to download the new Minecraft launcher and for some reason I don't have the Microsoft store. 08e22426-a465-4362-bb6b-51fa76324a37
  8. I bought java minecraft, but the launcher says I didn't.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought java minecraft, but the launcher says I didn't.: I recently bought Minecraft: Java Edition. But, when I access the launcher, it says that I haven't bought it. When I press on the "Buy now" button, it says that I have bought the game afterall,...
  9. I HAVE MINECRAFT DUNGEONS BUT MINECRAFT LAUNCHER SAY I NEED BUY.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I HAVE MINECRAFT DUNGEONS BUT MINECRAFT LAUNCHER SAY I NEED BUY.: Hi! I have purchased Minecraft dungeons on steam and i logged into my Microsoft account.But Minecraft launcher still says I need to buy.I can only play on steam.Can I login to the game from...
  10. can not get access to Minecraft, Microsoft launcher says: 'Something's not working, It's...

in XBoX Accessibility
    can not get access to Minecraft, Microsoft launcher says: 'Something's not working, It's...: I bought for my son Minecraft Java and Bedrock edition Deluxe collection, and it worked fine since I activated xbox parental control, since then we are not able to get the game and start Microsoft...