the licenses are lost when transferring the data from one hard disk to another ?​

Discus and support the licenses are lost when transferring the data from one hard disk to another ?​ in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, good afternoon, I expect a prompt reply, I would be very grateful to you, I have a great doubt which is the following, I need to transfer my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by warrior zolars2, Oct 8, 2017.

1. the licenses are lost when transferring the data from one hard disk to another ?​

Hello, good afternoon, I expect a prompt reply, I would be very grateful to you, I have a great doubt which is the following, I need to transfer my data from my xbox 360 slim 250 GB hard drive to a new one of 500, but I am afraid that licenses
    are lost because I no longer have access to my previous profile to be able to transfer them again, so if I lose them I could no longer access some games, my question is, the licenses are lost when transferring the data from one hard disk to another ?

:)

warrior zolars2, Oct 8, 2017
  2. pauliejoseph
    pauliejoseph Guest
    Friend used wrong account for purchase

What you are talking about (License Transferring) and transferring a game to someone else's gamertag are two different things. When someone buys something off of the market place 2 licenses are issued

1. The Gamertag

2. The console the game was purchased.

Those are the only licenses that are issued. You can not transfer a license from one gamertag to another. What license transferring is, is when you transfer the license from one console to another, not from one gamertag to another.

It is very unfortunate what happened to your friend but the bottom line is your gamertag and the the console it was purchased on owns the license and there is no way to transfer that license to your friend. Unfortunately keanakalia was correct when she said
    that he would have to buy the game under his gamertag, If he wants to own the game himself.

pauliejoseph, Oct 8, 2017
  3. Recovering account and Data transfer.

I haven't had any issues transferring data from one hard drive to another after I moved a profile. It should just overwrite the older/duplicate data of the profile you recovered.

JonathanReichert, Oct 8, 2017
  4. WPAK Win User

license transfer tool question.

Hi there,

-

Like mentioned the transfer tool is a online functionality, and does not require the use of a disc drive.

-

The transfer cable is not necessary for the license transfer, but it's a tool to transfer data from one consoles hard drive to another:

License transfer support page:
    support.xbox.com/.../play-xbox-live-content

-

How to transfer data can be found here:

support.xbox.com/.../manage-games-data
  5. Smwutches Win User

Data Transfer Cable

The transfer cable is only meant to transfer data from one Xbox hard drive to another. You would not be able to keep the 60gb connected and use the hard drive like that. The data would have to be transferred to another hard drive.
  6. Elohmn Win User

Xbox Data Question

eLbiChaN, it's a little complicated at first but here's how it "works". There are actually two methods of "Transfer". There is a License Transfer which is the DRM (Digital Rights Management) that allows you to play with your (or
    anyone's else) Profile while Offline. And there is a Data Transfer. The Data Transfer (using a Transfer Cable) will simply Move all Content from one Local Storage Device to another (HDD to HDD).

So, in order to help a little more you need to clarify "transfer". If you are talking about the License Transfer, it will only Transfer the License for every Content that your Profile owns (via purchase) but not the actual Content itself. If it the a Data Transfer
    using a Transfer Cable, it will move everything from one Xbox 360 HDD to another, regardless of which Profile owns it. The Data Transfer has no effect on the License Transfer (just to note).
  7. medium bloke Win User

Problems Playing Online with Friends

This isn't the only possibility; but you might have to transfer licenses for some of your content after you transfer data from one console to another. If this is one reason, you can see how to transfer licenses here.
  8. pauliejoseph Win User

Friend used wrong account for purchase

What you are talking about (License Transferring) and transferring a game to someone else's gamertag are two different things. When someone buys something off of the market place 2 licenses are issued

1. The Gamertag

2. The console the game was purchased.

Those are the only licenses that are issued. You can not transfer a license from one gamertag to another. What license transferring is, is when you transfer the license from one console to another, not from one gamertag to another.

It is very unfortunate what happened to your friend but the bottom line is your gamertag and the the console it was purchased on owns the license and there is no way to transfer that license to your friend. Unfortunately keanakalia was correct when she said
    that he would have to buy the game under his gamertag, If he wants to own the game himself.
Thema:

the licenses are lost when transferring the data from one hard disk to another ?​

1. the licenses are lost when transferring the data from one hard disk to another ?​ - Similar Threads - licenses are lost

2. Are pdp controllers officially licensed products?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are pdp controllers officially licensed products?: Are pdp controllers officially licensed products? 8c5edc32-ea34-47c3-9d5d-8d0d4514a68d
  3. Licenses for multiplayer in minecraft education

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Licenses for multiplayer in minecraft education: Dear I want to buy additional licenses for my club to organize a multiplayer session. I read about common cloud based platform for these licenses to be able to go into the same server. But i...
  4. Can I transfer purchase license from one account to another?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer purchase license from one account to another?: 4 years ago my dad bought a game (Sea of Thieves) for me because I was a minor. However, the game can only be downloaded using his account. Even though my game progress is saved under my Xbox...
  5. Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license": I migrated my mojang account years ago to MS and had a valid license for Minecraft Java Edition and was playing without any issue. Since some months now it is saying that i dont have a license for...
  6. When are more licensed Activision games backwards compatible?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When are more licensed Activision games backwards compatible?: games such as Madagascar kartz, Shrek super slam, and more da2a213f-5693-4d29-848c-80009806c5ed
  7. Transfer of DLC and licenses from Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer of DLC and licenses from Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X: We upgraded our Xbox 360 to an Xbox Series X (new home Xbox). All profiles and cloud saved games ported fine. However, I don't know how to get our past downloaded content purchases (shown in the...
  8. Minecraft License lost after migration

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft License lost after migration: Hi, Today i found out that there was some kind of migration from mojang to microsoft. Sadly my license was not transfered. So I would like to know how i can get my licence back to play Minecraft...
  9. Digital license

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital license: When I purchase a digital license, in this case it is MS Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary as seen here...
  10. Lost Minecraft License after Migration

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost Minecraft License after Migration: I followed all steps of migration to my gmail account and got migration confirmations and everything. logged into mojang and wrote a new xbox username and then suddenly my license to the game is...