The item you are trying to use appears to be corrupt.

Discus and support The item you are trying to use appears to be corrupt. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I try and launch my game and it says that it cannot launch it that the item is corrupt so I restarted my xbox, still the same message. It also says to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BJHarmon10, Dec 12, 2020.

1. BJHarmon10
    BJHarmon10 Guest

I try and launch my game and it says that it cannot launch it that the item is corrupt so I restarted my xbox, still the same message. It also says to try Uninstall and reinstall it. So I uninstall the game and try to reinstall it but every time I do
    it just says installation stopped. I've restarted my xbox 2 times and nothing seems to be working I can't find a solution in the help app either.

:)

BJHarmon10, Dec 12, 2020
  2. SammyVS Win User

The item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupted

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

If you have an external hard drive connected to your console, remove and try installing the game without the external hard drive. You can also try installing the game with the console in offline mode. If the problem persists, the disc may be defective and I recommend replacing it where you bought it.
  3. ImpaledGremlin Win User

this item appears to be corrupt

Just to check...

You have enough space to download onto as the cod files are massive ?

Are you using internal or external drive or a mix?
  4. BrewsterDean Win User

Thanks so much for your reply. Unfortunately, I have tried that several times with no luck.
  5. BrewsterDean Win User

Yes, I do have enough space. The message that pops up is also not the typical, "clear up some space" message.

I am using my xb1's internal drive.

Thanks.
  6. Jamma4130 Win User

Good afternoon. Have you tried to clear the cache on your xbox. I find this helps with a lot of issues.

Press and hold the power button on the front of the Xboxuntil it turns off completely. Unplug the power brick from the back of the Xbox. Press and hold the power button on the Xbox several
    times to expel any remaining power and clear the cache. Plug in the power brick.

kind regards
Thema:

1. The item you are trying to use appears to be corrupt. - Similar Threads - item are trying

2. Several Items Stollen, Including Xbox Gift Card

in XBoX on Windows
    Several Items Stollen, Including Xbox Gift Card: Hello, Last week I had over $1500 worth of items stollen from me in a hotel room. One of the items was my purse which had a $100 unused Xbox gift card. I have been in contact with law enforcement...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Minecraft item cape code redeemed on Microsoft and accepted but isn't appearing on my account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft item cape code redeemed on Microsoft and accepted but isn't appearing on my account: As the questions states, I got a code on Twitch for a Minecraft Cape and I redeemed it on the Microsoft website. I still have the order history that says it is confirmed, but I never got the cape....
  5. I haven't received the shipping label to return an item in warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    I haven't received the shipping label to return an item in warranty: I have completed an order to return a faulty controller and have been waiting 3 days to get the email with the return label to send it back to you,. It is not in my spam/junk folder it is not on...
  6. Is trading ingame items for ingame currency bannable

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is trading ingame items for ingame currency bannable: Hey, I recently have been comm banned 2 times in a row due to the fact that I have apparently broken a rule. I created two group post for the game Fallout 76 in which I was trying to sell an...
  7. Ads and Useless Items on Xbox Dashboard

in XBoX on Windows
    Ads and Useless Items on Xbox Dashboard: Hi! I noticed the feature to customize the dash and remove all of the useless game pass news and micro-transaction links that take up 85% of what I’m looking at has been taken off the menu. So...
  8. I lost the Xcloud founding member items.

in XboX Insiders
    I lost the Xcloud founding member items.: Hello, I'm from Brazil and I lost the Wallpaper and the Xcloud founding member badge. Is there any way to resend the email or files in Portuguese? I lost them because I was hacked and they were...
  9. BioShock 2 Avatar Marketplace Items missing

in XBoX on Windows
    BioShock 2 Avatar Marketplace Items missing: Any chance the Avatar Big Daddy suits can be brought back? I lost my original gamertag sometime ago and created a new account to find out they couldn't be purchased anymore. Some of the helmets...
  10. microsoft deny refund for item i never received

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft deny refund for item i never received: i bought sea of thieves ancient coins on the wrong platform as i own the game on steam but bought coins on xbox sea of thieves website says xbox will give a refund when requested it is denied...