The HD content protection of your repeater has been compromised.

Discus and support The HD content protection of your repeater has been compromised. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hive mind, I submit the following for your edification. I don't have all the specific model numbers available right now, but I can get it later. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NosmoRex, Jan 22, 2015.

1. NosmoRex
    NosmoRex Guest

Hive mind, I submit the following for your edification. I don't have all the specific model numbers available right now, but I can get it later.

I just received an HD set top box from my provider (Frontier). I connected the HDMI out on the STB to the HDMI in on my Xbox One. The Xbox One is connected to my Onkyo receiver via HDMI. The Onkyo Receiver sends the video to my Insignia TV through its HDMI
    out. (STB -> Xbox One -> Onkyo Receiver -> Insignia TV)

After connecting the STB to the Xbox One (and running through the guided setup), I will get a signal for a minute or so, the a banner will pop up on the TV output with the following message:

"The HD Content Protection of your Repeater has been compromised. All devices connected to the repeater will not be authorized to receive video over the digital link"

This banner appears in the windowed view of the TV app on my Xbox One, so it feels like there some some handshake/negotiation between the XB1 and STB that is failing.

If I bypass the Xbox One and plug the STB directly into the Onkyo receiver (STB -> Onyko Receiver -> TV), the signal passes through fine. If I connect the STB directly to the TV (STB -> TV), it works fine. I have not tried bypassing the receiver, and sending
    STB - > Xbox One -> TV (just thought of that).

I tried swapping the HDMI cables around (some might not be the highest quality). It feels like there is some latency somewhere in the HDMI stream.

I have successfully connected my HD Tivo to another Xbox One in my home using other AV equipment.

:)

NosmoRex, Jan 22, 2015
  2. Live TV Issue

I have hooked up my Xbox and my Motorola cable box. I get a message that "The HD Content Protection of your repeater has been compromised. All devices connected to the Repeater will not be authorized to receive video over the digital link." And deactivates
    the video feed. Anyone else having this issue?

DRUNKIN PANDA x, Jan 22, 2015
  3. Live TV Issue

I am having the same issue. I have frontier fios and a Motorola HD dvr QIP 7216 1. before I got my xbox one I ran my cable thru my receiver and receiver to tv with no problem. now im trying to run cable to xbox one to receiver to tv and get the error message
    "The HD Content Protection of your repeater has been compromised. All devices connected to the Repeater will not be authorized to receive video over the digital link." This is killing me because a huge selling point for me was the tv integration. I hope somebody
    can help me resolve this issue.

thanks in advance

Pido-822184B3-61EC-4FD2-904A-E44D8BCF2C8B, Jan 22, 2015
  4. NosmoRex
    NosmoRex Guest

FWIW - I did test this scenario:

STB -> Xbox One -> TV (removed receiver) and the banner went away.

There must be sufficient latency involved with the longer stream to break the handshake.

Does this mean new receiver? Better cables?

This seems to work fine with my (newer) Pioneer receiver and my HD Tivo with cable cards.

The Onkyo is an HT-RC330.

NosmoRex, Jan 22, 2015
  5. I also have this issue with my Frontier box (7232-2). I use a different SONY receiver though. I have seen somewhere else in this forum that is may have to do with the number of devices between the STB and the TV being limited by the STB. Can anyone confirm
    this or know of a solution?

NumbComa6885585, Feb 6, 2015
  6. Flavius
    Flavius Guest
    Same problem here on my Arris QIP7232 Frontier DVR - works great on my high end, pretty new Sony receiver, get Content Compromised if I try to hook up the Xbox One in between the STB and receiver.

EPIC FAIL Xbox.

Flavius, Oct 26, 2015
  7. NosmoRex
    NosmoRex Guest
    I just ordered a new Pioneer receiver (4K HD and 3D pass-through) to replace the Onkyo. It should arrive on Monday. Hopefully, that will fix it.

I don't think this is an Xbox issue.

NosmoRex, Oct 27, 2015
  8. NosmoRex
    NosmoRex Guest

Well, the new receiver didn't fix it. I think the issue is with my cable set-top box. Can anyone from Microsoft (who is qualified) comment on what specifications are required for this to work? After all, it is an advertised feature of Xbox One.

NosmoRex, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: