The gamepad cannot be updated and does not connect to the console

Discus and support The gamepad cannot be updated and does not connect to the console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I received a gamepad as a gift, and it worked for a while. But today I discovered that it no longer connects to the console. If I connect it by wire,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Iurii Trofimov, May 18, 2024.

1. The gamepad cannot be updated and does not connect to the console

I received a gamepad as a gift, and it worked for a while. But today I discovered that it no longer connects to the console. If I connect it by wire, the console says that it is an unauthorized controller. I tried to update it via PC but I get an error. I'm pretty sure that this is the original controller. It looks one-on-one like the gamepad that came with the console, in the original sealed box. I'll attack a link to the photo.

What can I do to make the gamepad work again?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UZBtvEddTJs3hyBT9

:)

Iurii Trofimov, May 18, 2024
  2. Lumie Helps Win User

Hi there Iurii T. I am Lumie and I would love to assist you today.

I am so sorry you are having issues with your gamepad.

Even though it looks identical to the original, there's still a chance it could be a high-quality replica. Verify the authenticity by checking the following:

Serial Numbers: Compare the serial numbers on the gamepad and the box with the one on the official controller.

Packaging Details: Look for any differences in the packaging, like minor spelling errors or differences in the logos.

Official Website: Check the manufacturer’s website for tips on identifying counterfeit products.

Since you encountered an error updating the firmware on your PC you can try:

Use a different USB port and cable to rule out any connectivity issues.
    If on a Windows PC, run the update software in compatibility mode (right-click on the software -> Properties -> Compatibility).
    Run the update software as an administrator.

Different PC: Try updating the firmware using a different PC.

Manual Reset: Look for a small reset button on the controller (often a tiny hole). Use a pin or paperclip to press and hold the reset button for a few seconds.

Console Reset: Reset your console's controller settings by going to the settings menu and looking for controller settings. Re-pair the controller afterwards.

Make sure your console's firmware is up-to-date:

Go to the console’s settings and check for any available system updates. Install them if available.

Sometimes a simple reboot can resolve connectivity issues.

Follow the standard procedure to pair your controller wirelessly. This usually involves holding down a specific button on the controller and navigating to the pairing section in the console's settings.

On some consoles, you may need to clear previous pairings before adding a new device.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. -Lumie
  3. Oleksandr Lypka Win User

UPS for Xbox Series S. Which sine wave better?

If shutdowns electricity and console updating software on gamepad its = gamepad is "stone"? I`m worried about console, this thing(shutdown electricity) can damage my console?
  4. schnurren Win User

All of my up to date controllers have the randomly disconnecting for 1 second issue even at full charge . ( weird issue see post )

Hello AngeAlexiel,

Is it possible that you have many other electronic products on your house that can be affecting the wireless from the console?

In the past, I had some disconnections on my gamepad (but it was due to the battery not being properly charged).

From what I'm reading on the internet, it is possible that you had really bad luck and the two Xbox One X you had have the same issue.

Just to discard another possible issue, if you have your gamepad connected via USB, does it disconnect or it never loses connection?

That last question is quite important, because if with the USB connected to the console you get the gamepad disconnected also, the issue may not only lie in the "wireless card" from the console.
  5. IgorStix Win User

После обновления прошивки геймпада Xbox One, телевизор Samsung перестал его "видеть" -[Translation - After updating the firmware of the Xbox One controller, the Samsung TV stopped "seeing" it]

Hi i doesn`t have a Xbox console. I have an issue with my xbox one gamepad and Samsung TV model UE50MU6100UXRU.

After gamepad firmware update 4.8.1923, my TV cant recognize my xbox one gamepad, before the update it worked fine.

I`m plugging gamepad directly to USB port of my TV to play games via steam app.

On PC my controller working perfectly.

Gamepad firware update i made with accesory Xbox app which i downloaded from microsoft store.

Can i downgrade firmware of my gamepad somehow?
  6. WilhelmNope Win User

Xbox Series X Controller buttons have stopped working after firmware update

Hello,

I was using the second guide you linked, I do not own xbox console so I haven't tried the first one.

The problem was occuringon bluetooth and is on wireless, but at this point I cannot pair the gamepad wirelessly since the pair/sync button does nothing.
Thema:

1. The gamepad cannot be updated and does not connect to the console - Similar Threads - gamepad cannot updated

2. how to adjust gamepad sensitivity in sea of thieves?

in XBoX on Windows
    how to adjust gamepad sensitivity in sea of thieves?: Hello, I've been playing Sea of Thieves on the xbox console for a long time, but I always didn't like the sensitivity of the gamepad while playing. when you have pvp with a person playing on a PC,...
  3. Xbox gamepad replacement issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamepad replacement issue: My Xbox gamepad has developed a drift issue, and I'm not sure what category to select for replacement. Is it normal that 'wireless controller' isn't listed? (translate)...
  4. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  5. Xbox gamepad share button does not working PC (Bluetooth).

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamepad share button does not working PC (Bluetooth).: Hello. Share button does work with cable plugged In but when through Bluetooth does not. Yesterday was all OK. And in game after pressing share button, pointer starts to freak out and control...
  6. Is It Time for the Next Xbox Controller Gamepad to Be the Dream Gamepad Incorporating the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is It Time for the Next Xbox Controller Gamepad to Be the Dream Gamepad Incorporating the...: Hello Microsoft friends. Suggesting that next Xbox gamepad controller this year be it the Elite or the regular Xbox Series have all that gamers want but all leveled up to 3 levels: a) all the...
  7. X3 gamepad bluetooth code for a newly installed windows pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    X3 gamepad bluetooth code for a newly installed windows pc: [img] i want to connect a X3 controller to my pc via Bluetooth and its asking for a pin yesterday it connected without any pin but this time its asking for pin i tried the one time code(OTP)...
  8. getting error 48 driver has been disabled for a brand new xbox gamepad for my PC running...

in XBoX on Consoles
    getting error 48 driver has been disabled for a brand new xbox gamepad for my PC running...: getting error 48 driver has been disabled for a brand new xbox gamepad for my PC running windows 11, driver installing the relevant cab, no joy. Any help woud be appreciated....
  9. Attached gamepad not working in xbox remote play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Attached gamepad not working in xbox remote play: When I try using the gamepad attached to my device this pops up and the support page links to the default xbox support page and nothing helpful, is there any way to fix it? [img]...
  10. Unity gamepad rumble issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unity gamepad rumble issue: I used new unity input system to use gamepad. And I can get input from that. But I can't vibrate gamepad, because Gamepad.current returns NULL so i can't use SetMotorSpeeds method. I'm sure my...