The FAQ says that you do NOT need Xbox Live Gold to play online games, but the game states...

Discus and support The FAQ says that you do NOT need Xbox Live Gold to play online games, but the game states... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I haven't played on my Xbox for a while, but I wanted to play Trove which doesn't allow cross-platform, so I can't transfer my account from Xbox to PC.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GioTornado, Oct 3, 2020.

1. GioTornado
    GioTornado Guest

The FAQ says that you do NOT need Xbox Live Gold to play online games, but the game states...

I haven't played on my Xbox for a while, but I wanted to play Trove which doesn't allow cross-platform, so I can't transfer my account from Xbox to PC. In the FAQ, a question asks, "Do I need Xbox Live Gold to play online
    multiplayer games on PC?" The answer to the question states, "No. There’s no additional charge to play online multiplayer games on PC. You will, however, need a wired or wireless internet connection to play online." Is there any way to play
    online games without buying Xbox Live Gold?

:)

GioTornado, Oct 3, 2020
  2. cinek3883 Win User

How to download backward compatibility games with Games With Gold on Xbox One

Hi so to clarify if you are on a 14 day trial you are not eligible for the free games with gold until you are on a full subscription for more info you check out the FAQs here https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/my-account/xbox-live-membership/games-with-gold-faq
    "All Xbox Live trials on Xbox One are eligible for every benefit of Xbox Live Gold, including Games with Gold." FAQ says i do
  3. coco meat train Win User

Games for Gold FAQ

Its my understanding that the 360 games are yours to keep. Xbox One games must have an active membership to play.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/xbox-live-membership/games-with-gold-faq

What happens to my Games with Gold games if I cancel my Xbox Live Gold subscription?

On Xbox One, you’ll no longer be able to access your Games with Gold titles if you cancel your subscription. However, if you decide to renew your subscription at any time, you’ll be able to access and play your previously
    redeemed Games with Gold titles again.

On Xbox 360, any Games with Gold titles that you redeem as an Xbox Live Gold member are yours to keep, regardless of whether you continue your subscription.”
  4. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Games for Gold FAQ

"active Gold membership required to play free games. On Xbox One, active Gold membership required to play free games you’ve redeemed. Restrictions Apply."

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/games-with-gold?xr=shellnav
  5. Mistress Sara Win User

Gold Subscription

Hi there,

All Xbox One Games with Gold require an active Gold Subscription in order to play them. Xbox 360 ones do not.

Info can be found here: https://support.xbox.com/my-account/xbox-live-membership/live-faq

Scroll to the bottom where it says "Games with Gold Free Games Offer" and it says exactly how the free games with gold works on Xbox One.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Games for Gold FAQ

See i never knew this, I noticed someone talk about this on discord, had to look it up. I have been without gold for some months now, thought i could play my gold games, I should have used that money for Humble Bundle. MS should really state the gold services
    directly on the dashboard.

I could see if people knew this more directly they might stick to other gaming communities. I'm looking more into my PC gaming these days. Thanks for the replies.
    They did if you read the terms and conditions of xbox live games for gold

This has been from the start

If you dont reqd the rules how are you supposed to know

Hate to break it to you but psn also has the same rules

Excepr with xbox the 360 games are to keep

Its not rocket science
Thema:

1. The FAQ says that you do NOT need Xbox Live Gold to play online games, but the game states... - Similar Threads - FAQ says need

2. FAQ says You can log into XBOX while waiting, but when I try logging in XBOX it prompts me...

in XBoX on Windows
    FAQ says You can log into XBOX while waiting, but when I try logging in XBOX it prompts me...: Hi I have recently changed my details due to an account hack. I have to wait 30 days for the changes to take effect. How ever I am reading that signing into XBOX is available during this 30...
  3. Xbox Game Pass – Insider Preview FAQ

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Pass – Insider Preview FAQ: What regions is this available in? Only in Colombia and Ireland. I have time accumulated in my membership, what happens to it if I join? Your time will migrate with you to the new plan on a...
  4. FAQ

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FAQ: With Game bar, how do I do a capture draw, instead of recording in full screen? ba419962-9e13-4dba-989d-d491eca99602
  5. Home / FAQ Accessing the Sea of Thieves Website / Forums - Xbox Live account is required

in XBoX Accessibility
    Home / FAQ Accessing the Sea of Thieves Website / Forums - Xbox Live account is required: I have no clue why but when i get on the Sea of thieves Site it always links me to this article page. It says that your Microsoft account must be linked with Xbox which i have if i try to log in...
  6. I migrated Minecraft to the wrong Microsoft account, followed the FAQ and contacted...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I migrated Minecraft to the wrong Microsoft account, followed the FAQ and contacted...: Migrated my minecraft account the other day because there was a notification in minecraft.net I chose one of my emails and migrated the account but then I realized that was the wrong email (the...
  7. Xbox Community Game Club Microsoft Rewards Point Promotion FAQ

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Community Game Club Microsoft Rewards Point Promotion FAQ: What is Microsoft Rewards? Microsoft Rewards is a free program that rewards you for doing the stuff you already do every day. Learn more here. Who is eligible to win 1,000 Microsoft Rewards...
  8. Please check the Microsoft Jigsaw FAQ at and refer to error code 200019

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please check the Microsoft Jigsaw FAQ at and refer to error code 200019: all answers didn't solve problem 5a113b15-4c46-436b-9eca-790adfabab8c
  9. CrossfireX Beta on Xbox One FAQ

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CrossfireX Beta on Xbox One FAQ: Hello Gamers! Get ready to experience thrilling competitive multiplayer in the CrossfireX beta! The beta offers players their first opportunity to play a small in-development slice of the game,...
  10. Minecraft Bedrock Edition Mod Support FAQ

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition Mod Support FAQ: Many people don't know that there is mod support for Minecraft Bedrock you can even experience them in VR with the Gear VR Edition and on Oculus Rift with the Bedrock Edition. They’ll also work...