The fan on my xbox series x used to make a noise but now it doesn’t.

Discus and support The fan on my xbox series x used to make a noise but now it doesn’t. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The fan on my xbox series x used to make a noise when I'm playing a game, but a month ago I opened the back of the console and I unscrewed the fan to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Ryan Collins4, Dec 27, 2023.

1. The fan on my xbox series x used to make a noise but now it doesn’t.

The fan on my xbox series x used to make a noise when I'm playing a game, but a month ago I opened the back of the console and I unscrewed the fan to get it out so I could clean it, there was quite a bit of dust on it because I only had it for over a year. After I've cleaned the fan I put it back in the console, I screwed it back in and put the back of the console on. My xbox series x still works and it's in perfect condition. And the fan still works it's still spinning but it hasn't made a noise since I cleaned it, is that a good thing or should I be concerned about it?

:)

Ryan Collins4, Dec 27, 2023
  2. Daft Badger Win User

We can't help with self repair on the forums.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series S Fan isn't humming like normal.

So usually when I play on my series s the fan makes a loudish noise....
    The Series S, just like the Series X is designed to be quite, in normal gaming (even when play X|S optimised games) the Series S fan should not be audible. It should be pretty much silent.

Have you changed the location of where your console is located? These consoles get warm (hot even), this is normal. So their location is actually more important than hearing the fan spinning.
  4. claycarrot Win User

Xbox One Loud Noise

It doesn’t turn off by itself but the sound it makes isn’t like a fan sound, it sounds like your holding a piece of plastic onto a fan blade and it makes a rattling noise.
  5. II Blittz II Win User

Xbox Series X buzzing/ticking noise coming from the fan area.

Hi, XBF Meryem R

Thanks for responding to my post, unfortunately I have tried a power cycle and factory resetting my Series X, but the buzzing/scratching/ticking noise still persists. The weird thing about it is, as I mentioned in my original post, my console never use to do this. I've also had the Series X since launch day 11/10/20 and it only started to do this fairly recently, close to a week now. My Series X on the top right side where the fan is, it makes a buzzing/ticking noise whenever I'm just using the dashboard, browsing the store, using Edge etc. The mechanical noises stop as soon as you launch a game, which is weird in itself. Usually coil whine happens during heavy loads like playing games that are demanding, but in my case it makes these noises when nothing is playing and I'm just on the homes screen or browsing around on the console. My console also makes a distinct static like sound when games are running as well, but it's not as concerning as the noises it makes when the console isn't doing any heavy workloads. With that being said, most coil whine comes from either the GPU or PSU, but the noise I'm getting is coming from the right side where the fan and vapor chamber/heatsink is. After putting my ear next to the fan and trying to pinpoint where the noise is coming from, I think it might be VRM or something to do with the motherboard around the CPU/GPU area. During the day you can't notice it unless you stick your ear next to the fan, but when I'm using the console at night when it's quiet, I can hear the strange buzzing/ticking. Anyway, I think there's something faulty or defective in my console and I'm afraid that it possibly might be a matter if time before it stops working.
  6. GTI0 Win User

Xbox one S fan noise

My Xbox one X fan also makes a lot of noise but only when i play HDR games.
Thema:

1. The fan on my xbox series x used to make a noise but now it doesn’t. - Similar Threads - fan series used

2. My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...: Can you explain the to me why this is I’m scared if it’s broken or if it’s just fortnite 8cf8692e-1691-4c47-9d1c-9437e59e1920
  3. ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s

in XboX Insiders
    ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s: ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s submitted by /u/secuirte [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox series x fan noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan noise: i bought Xbox series x one year ago now when i turn it on it's ok but when i enter to some games the fan noise is sooo high please help but the temperature is good just the fan noise is...
  5. Are external fans good for my Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are external fans good for my Xbox Series X?: So I got an external fan for my console but after doing research (unfortunately after I found it) most people said this can damage my console. I figured I would ask people with a bit more...
  6. How does internal fan xbox series s work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does internal fan xbox series s work?: Does internal fan xbox series s always on when you saving energy mode? Or maybe just sleep mode? I want internal fan on my xbox always on, so it can make my xbox cool faster after heat and...
  7. Xbox series x loud fan when turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x loud fan when turning on: I bought my Xbox series x a month or two ago and have only had this happen twice. When turning on my Xbox after it being off for a while I hear the fan ramp up and then slow back down to the...
  8. Xbox series s Loud fan noise

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series s Loud fan noise: lately my xbox have been really really loud whenever i play rainbow it gets insanely loud and it gets hot especially the black part of the xbox whenever i play easy or light weight games its not...
  9. Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode: My Xbox series x when I put it in sleep mode or shutdown mode the fan spins for a while and then stops is this normal 081e39ab-0e46-43e1-b854-f1b5840cf204
  10. Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??: I have an Xbox Series X and I noticed when I put it in Shutdown Mode to load games in the background or updates, the fan spins, but slower, then after the download or updates finishes, the fan...