The digital to physical disc swap rules need to change!

Discus and support The digital to physical disc swap rules need to change! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I paid £400 for the Limited console edition of Halo 5, and even spent an extra £50 on the master chief controller. The console edition comes with the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by IRiksta, Oct 26, 2015.

1. IRiksta
    IRiksta Guest

I paid £400 for the Limited console edition of Halo 5, and even spent an extra £50 on the master chief controller. The console edition comes with the Limited edition of the game inside, but it is digital. I only like physical games, so decided to do the
    disc swap. Talked to someone on the support team, sent them the code, my gamertag, email. they then asked for pictures of everything.

I then got refused the swap, because I didn't buy the Limited "Collectors" edition. In the UK on the Microsoft store, the Limited "Collectors" edition is £200, and the edition I paid for is £400. So how come someone who has paid half of what I have gets
    this privilege? They both have identical DLC bundled with the games code, the Warzone REQ pack and Fall of Reach. So its not like I am trying to scam Collectors DLC, because the DLC bundled is identical anyway! The support guy even told me to return my console
    edition and swap it for a collectors edition so I would be eligible!

This is an absolute joke Microsoft! You should be giving customers who pay more this privilege too! Maybe I should return my console and just buy a PS4 instead! Please sort these rules out so console edtion customers have the privilege too!

:)

IRiksta, Oct 26, 2015
  2. iV iKiLLeR
    iV iKiLLeR Guest
    iV iKiLLeR, Oct 26, 2015
  3. Pro DRM why ?

No, like now, the disc will have to be in, while playing the game. And if you change to another game (Not Digital) you have to put that game in as a show to say you actually own the game.

-

But as i said Digital Download is there for people who don't want to use discs, and you get all the benefits that go with and the cons too. Including quick swap and no disc.

-

But as i said for most of use, and for some of the younger ones, we have been putting our physical media in for years, and have not considered it DRM. Only now do they want to apply the same rules. There is a difference between Physical Media and Digital
    Downloads, and it should be confused, as they both have their own separate copyright Laws

HairyLoveSpuds, Oct 26, 2015
  4. IRiksta
    IRiksta Guest

Posted a topic on GameFAQs.com and someone on there got their console edition code swapped for a disc copy. So how come I was refused?

IRiksta, Oct 26, 2015
  5. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    You bought the console bundle.

The collectors edition is not a console bundle. That's a particular edition of the game that basically should have come with a disc to begin with as a collectors would want the disc.

Official console bundles always come with download codes for some reason. I personally think they should come with discs though because not everyone has a fast internet connection.

Malacath, Oct 27, 2015
  6. IRiksta
    IRiksta Guest
    Well on a different forum, other people are telling me that their console edition did get swapped.

IRiksta, Oct 27, 2015
  7. I bought the console edition and they swapped it out without issue. I made them aware I had the console edition right from the start, so perhaps it depends on who you talk to. Also I did it right away on the 20th so perhaps they changed the rules after getting
    more requests then they thought they would. I did the exchange through live chat and the first person who came on immediately transfered me to a supervisor as she said she was not authorized to process the transaction. Try asking for a supervisor if you're
    still trying to exchange, and havnt already used the code.

RemittingFire58, Nov 1, 2018
  8. Malacath Win User

You bought the console bundle.

The collectors edition is not a console bundle. That's a particular edition of the game that basically should have come with a disc to begin with as a collectors would want the disc.

Official console bundles always come with download codes for some reason. I personally think they should come with discs though because not everyone has a fast internet connection.
  9. IRiksta Win User

Posted a topic on GameFAQs.com and someone on there got their console edition code swapped for a disc copy. So how come I was refused?
  10. RemittingFire58 Win User

I bought the console edition and they swapped it out without issue. I made them aware I had the console edition right from the start, so perhaps it depends on who you talk to. Also I did it right away on the 20th so perhaps they changed the rules after getting
    more requests then they thought they would. I did the exchange through live chat and the first person who came on immediately transfered me to a supervisor as she said she was not authorized to process the transaction. Try asking for a supervisor if you're
    still trying to exchange, and havnt already used the code.
  11. IRiksta Win User

Well on a different forum, other people are telling me that their console edition did get swapped.
  12. iV iKiLLeR Win User

Halo 5: Guardians Disc Swap, why would collectors want a code?

Thema:

1. The digital to physical disc swap rules need to change! - Similar Threads - digital physical disc

2. If I buy a digital apex legends coins gift card that says it is for xbox one would I still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I buy a digital apex legends coins gift card that says it is for xbox one would I still...: I would like to buy a digital apex legends gift card however it says that this card is only for xbox one and there is not a option for xbox x/s and I only have a xbox series s. I am wondering that...
  3. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  4. GameStop digital preorder how do I get access to it?

in XboX Insiders
    GameStop digital preorder how do I get access to it?: I preordered a digital game today at GameStop. I tried to figure out how the whole process of getting access to it works while at the store, but I left still confused. How does a digital pre order...
  5. Can Microsoft Hold My Digital Purchases Hostage When I am the Purchase and billing address...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can Microsoft Hold My Digital Purchases Hostage When I am the Purchase and billing address...: My question is if I lose access to my account , Am I entitled to my purchases if I can prove I am the person who made the purchase. d5134358-8683-4b6f-8302-cfdebd48820e
  6. Digitalizing XBox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Digitalizing XBox 360 games: Hi there, unfortunately I could not find an answer to my question, so hopefully someone is able to explain the following to me: I am still a XBox 360 user and have amassed quite a lot of games,...
  7. Physical copy of a digital game unable to work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Physical copy of a digital game unable to work: Hi there, My question is about the physical version of a game not working as intended. But context so a few months ago I brought the digital versions of the batman arkham trilogy. Until I could...
  8. Is robux bought in xbox physical or digital?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is robux bought in xbox physical or digital?: So I just bought 20 dollars worth of robux in xbox, im just wondering if its a physical or digital.. 683e4a02-7491-4beb-b003-62e9471fa8c9
  9. FORZA MOTORSPORT 7-Any way to play digital version on PC as i own a physical XBOX copy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FORZA MOTORSPORT 7-Any way to play digital version on PC as i own a physical XBOX copy?: I have forza motorsport 7 on my xbox account but its only the disc version so i cannot play it on PC, however because the game is delisted i cannot even play with gamepass. I know previous DLC...
  10. What can I do if I want to change my physical video games (discs) to digital?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What can I do if I want to change my physical video games (discs) to digital?: I need to know what to do with them, or if I can resell them somewhere specific or be able to change them to digital. cd0d71cf-88ac-4e07-bc1c-c268496eb1ad