The difference between 360 laptop wireless controller and 360 game wireless controller.

Discus and support The difference between 360 laptop wireless controller and 360 game wireless controller. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a 360 laptop wireless controller thinking it was a 360 game wireless controller and I am unable to connect to my xbox unit. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CaseActor962432, Aug 1, 2017.

1. The difference between 360 laptop wireless controller and 360 game wireless controller.

I bought a 360 laptop wireless controller thinking it was a 360 game wireless controller and I am unable to connect to my xbox unit. Is there a way to get around it.

:)

CaseActor962432, Aug 1, 2017
  2. FlatGnat
    FlatGnat Guest
    controller

Hi.What ist the difference between Xbox Wireless Controller – Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen Limited Edition and Xbox Wireless Controller - RED or Green/Orange.thx

FlatGnat, Aug 1, 2017
  3. ncgfuelld
    ncgfuelld Guest
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Win 10 xbox receiver

Hi robertcawrey,

Thanks for your post! To use an Xbox 360 controller on a Windows PC, you must use the

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver
    . Since the Xbox 360 controller and Xbox One controller use different wireless technologies, the new receiver is not compatible with 360 controllers.

I hope this helps.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Does anyone have the xbox 360 controller drivers??

Did your controller ever work before, or are you just trying to get it to work now?

The drivers for the Xbox 360 are not available for download independently anymore, and there is no reason for them to be, as Xbox 360 controllers have been natively supported by Windows since Windows Vista. The drivers can't be downloaded because they are already part of the Windows Operating System.

Is your controller wired or wireless?

Unlike Xbox One or Series X|S controllers, Xbox 360 wireless controllers are always wireless. If you've attempted to connect a Wireless Xbox 360 controller to your laptop with the Play and Charge cable, it won't work. This is because the Play and Charge does not send data. It will just flash. Xbox 360 wireless controllers need an Xbox 360 gaming receiver.

Only Xbox One or newer Series X|S controllers can be both wired and wireless.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Cable play&charge to windows 10

Hi,

When using this cable on a 360 it will allow you to continue to play while charging. It doesn't make the wireless 360 controller a wired controller, in fact the controller remains wireless.

Hence, if you plug this into a 360 controller and a PC, it will just charge the battery - or power the controller if no battery is present. It won't make the controller wired. This is because the 360 wireless controller was only designed to be wireless.

To use a 360 wireless controller on your PC, you'll need a 360 Game Receiver.
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 not working on PC

Not all 360 controllers will work. It must be the one for windows. :(
    No that's not correct. All Xbox 360 controllers will work with Windows. The only difference with the Xbox 360 controller for Windows is that these were largely sold as wireless controllers and came bundled with the Xbox Gaming Receiver for Windows.

Unlike the Xbox One/Series X|S controllers, you can't make a wireless Xbox 360 controller wired by connecting a Play & Charge cable to it. A wireless controller connected with a Play & Charge cable are always wireless. The cable does not send data it only recharges the battery or powers the controller if no battery is present.

If you want to use a wireless Xbox 360 controller with a PC, you'll need a 360 Gaming Receiver. And, it must be the Xbox 360 receiver, the Xbox One wireless adaptors don't work.
  8. Obsessive Power Win User

Controller xbox360 per pc

Hi,

Unfortunately unlike the Xbox One controllers, the wireless Xbox 360 controllers remain wireless regardless of whether you connect them to a PC with a Play and Charge. You can't make an Xbox 360 wireless controller a wired controller.

If you want to use your 360 wireless controller on a PC you'll need to buy an Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows.
Thema:

The difference between 360 laptop wireless controller and 360 game wireless controller.

1. The difference between 360 laptop wireless controller and 360 game wireless controller. - Similar Threads - difference between 360

2. Is there any differences between gen 8 and gen 9 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any differences between gen 8 and gen 9 controllers?: As I see there's no differences except the D-pad's design. Maybe the vibrations are different, I don't know. 3e1630d9-3a63-4101-8143-b46aa72f8941
  3. Insiders Beta Ring Member, Curious as to what UI & other differences there are between Beta...

in XboX Insiders
    Insiders Beta Ring Member, Curious as to what UI & other differences there are between Beta...: Basically I'm curious as to what is different within Beta as of now? Is the UI different in some way? Like what is different than someone who's not in the insiders program? submitted by...
  4. What is the different between hogwarts legacy series one version game disc play on the xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is the different between hogwarts legacy series one version game disc play on the xbox...: frame rate? image quality? 4b75aa20-819a-4ed2-9d87-8087e84086aa
  5. What’s the difference between (2023) MW3 Vault Edition and (2023) MW3 Vault Edition Upgrade

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What’s the difference between (2023) MW3 Vault Edition and (2023) MW3 Vault Edition Upgrade: Not sure what this box is for, but I did not buy the Vault Edition. I bought the Vault Edition Upgrade , but i still cannot play MW3. I was just wanted to know what the difference between the two...
  6. Xbox Console: Any differences between 2022 and 2023 Xbox X series console? Enough to care?...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Console: Any differences between 2022 and 2023 Xbox X series console? Enough to care?...: Xbox Console: Any differences between 2022 and 2023 Xbox X series console? Enough to care? Thanks. 51e0b1ca-bef1-4116-b252-70521cd3093a
  7. What's the difference between online multiplayer and online console multiplayer?

in XBoX on Windows
    What's the difference between online multiplayer and online console multiplayer?: What's the difference between online multiplayer and online console multiplayer? 9b7b94cc-2efd-4f38-bb30-aa60c1d6bd02
  8. I would like to know the difference between a national and international Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I would like to know the difference between a national and international Xbox: I would like to know what the difference is regarding price and warranty since I am about to buy a new console. 737ab7a3-2465-469e-9da9-7d65558d9894
  9. What is the difference between a permanent ban and a permanent suspension.

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is the difference between a permanent ban and a permanent suspension.: What is the difference between a permanent ban and a permanent suspension???? 015494a1-700e-4fb3-8516-f8c9a8c6c427
  10. How can I tell the difference between the Xbox 360 Core or Arcade?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I tell the difference between the Xbox 360 Core or Arcade?: My Xbox is matte white, with a matte white disc tray and a manufactured date of May 28, 2008 as well as a HDMI port. Is this more likely to be a core or arcade model? Also this is a different...