The creators of Dead Space are making this year's Call of Duty

Discus and support The creators of Dead Space are making this year's Call of Duty in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [Mini CoD Ghosts spoiler] I'm happy with this. My beef is that CoD has the potential to be a fantastic franchise. It's got to a state were... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lofty Who, Feb 6, 2014.

  1. The creators of Dead Space are making this year's Call of Duty


    [Mini CoD Ghosts spoiler]



    I'm happy with this.



    My beef is that CoD has the potential to be a fantastic franchise. It's got to a state
    were people will just buy it for the sake of rolling with the time, myself included. I hate Call of Duty Ghosts at the moment, but I still get sucked into playing it because CoD is the only one of its kind.
    Sure there's BF4 and other FPS games, but CoD is one of its own. They need to go back to basics and work out the balance again.



    Ghosts is just full of maps that don't really suit most of the
    killstreaks you can earn and even the weapons are pretty bland unless you like to run and gun. They have flushed out the ability to camp in most places
    too and I don't know how you guys feel about it, but I love to camp. They need to cater for that on their maps. They've become too
    competative and taken the relaxing out of it.



    A 3 year cycle might help this but still, is it enough extra time to really deliver?



    And am I now going to have to wait until 2016 to find out what happens at the end of Ghosts 1?
     
    Mark Sherwood, Feb 7, 2014
    #16
  2. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    [quote user="CloudStrife 900"]

    Ghosts is just full of maps that don't really suit most of the
    killstreaks you can earn and even the weapons are pretty bland unless you like to run and gun. They have flushed out the ability to camp in most places
    too and I don't know how you guys feel about it, but I love to camp. They need to cater for that on their maps. They've become too
    competative and taken the relaxing out of it.

    [/quote]



    That's wierd.



    As a non-camping player (except for special occaisions on one of the maps) I find the game is full of campers and could even be re-named "Call Of Campers".



    But it sort of suggests they might have gotten a better balance than either of us think if the Campers are thinking it's made for Run and Gunners and the Run and Gunners are thinking it's made for Campers.



    I would say that weapon loadout and perks play a much more important and much more diverse role than they did in the previous MW games or maybe I'm just finally getting to better grips with them.



    Az
     
    Azrael008uk, Feb 7, 2014
    #17
  3. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest
    If you want to camp, play hardcore team deaths match, run off the grid, incog and blast shield, and the perk that hides you from oricles, and sit in the bushes.

    I have replied to this thread in the main xbox one area.
     
    EnenDaveyBoy, Oct 31, 2018
    #18
  4. Lofty Who Win User

    The creators of Dead Space are making this year's Call of Duty

    I'd love to even see a COD title go back way before say World War 1, how about back to the days of Lord Nelson, could work lol
  5. xPsycoticBreakx Win User

    The creators of Dead Space are making this year's Call of Duty

    im gobsmacked,ghosts a meant to be the best cod everrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!,well my thoughts go to LP3 and what a abysmal thing that was,but DS1 and DS2 were good cant deny that,baffled now so ghosts was just a money maker?for this next instalment?,so the last
    dlc will land for ghosts and new cod will arrive?

    -

    Or will the new cod land befor even ghost dlc is finished?wow very suspisious of all this.
  6. Lofty Who Win User

    The creators of Dead Space are making this year's Call of Duty

    I've more or less always enjoyed the campaign in the COD series ( Really enjoyed the last one )

    MP, why it can still be fun in short burst, I've lost any real interest in it now. For me to possibly get back into it they would have to change it totally but I can't see that happening as I believe too many out there will buy it as it is now.

    I'm not knocking people for it, we all buy/play what we enjoy but from my point of view what to the developers do? Make a game that they know will sell and just add a few tweaks here and there or use up more time and make something totally new but risk losing
    a lot of the die hard COD fans.
  7. StudBllJckHammr Win User

    The creators of Dead Space are making this year's Call of Duty

    Wasn't the last Dead Space littered with an enormity of micro transactions? Weapons, armor, schematics, and so forth. Hope that's not the case here...
  8. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

    The creators of Dead Space are making this year's Call of Duty

    I don't think this is a good move, well it could be but I doubt it.

    Let me try and explain, at present both developers each operate a separate core infrastructure, they use different engines, they have different stats, one does have theatre, they focus on esports differently, the list goes on.

    Now the user expects the next version to be an improvement on the last, and that simply doesn't happen, it may or may not be an improvement on the version from that developer, but they simply don't complement each other and there is the problem.

    IMO i think they would be getting in a core developer, to develop the main system for ever, and then maybe get other developers to develop the games.

    this now raises more questions and doesn't offer any answers, how long have they been developing it, who's infrastructure are they using, what time will the game be based at.

    I certainly won't be buy it at launch, not because its a new developer but because I am so disillusioned with the whole franchise, and there are at least 3 titles which I am interested in over COD.
Thema:

The creators of Dead Space are making this year's Call of Duty

Loading...
  1. The creators of Dead Space are making this year's Call of Duty - Similar Threads - creators Dead Space

  2. map creator mode for age of mythology retold xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    map creator mode for age of mythology retold xbox: Hello everyone, I am writing this message so that the map creator of age of mythology retold is available on xbox because it is currently only on PC which is a terrible injustice for many xbox...
  3. How can game creators, have their games put onto gamepass?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can game creators, have their games put onto gamepass?: Im an aspiring game creator. I have created a game and am about to release it in a couple of weeks. I wanted to know how other indie creators have their games on GamePass. How can I have my game...
  4. Ive accidently deleted my nba 2k25 build 2-way slashing shot creator 6-7 228lbs ws 7,2 89...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ive accidently deleted my nba 2k25 build 2-way slashing shot creator 6-7 228lbs ws 7,2 89...: Ive accidently deleted my nba 2k 25 build i need help getting it back 3584b44e-80cb-4b13-a555-c0025cf8074b
  5. There was a problem enabling Xbox Live Creators Program. Please try again later.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    There was a problem enabling Xbox Live Creators Program. Please try again later.: Every time i try to enable xbox live program to release a game for xbox on partner center. its return this error: "There was a problem enabling Xbox Live Creators Program. Please try again...
  6. There was a problem enabling Xbox Live Creators Program. Please try again later.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    There was a problem enabling Xbox Live Creators Program. Please try again later.: hello its been 2 days now and i cant enable Xbox Live Creators Program keeps saying There was a problem enabling Xbox Live Creators Program. Please try again later....
  7. I’ve downloaded the content creator pack: train stations but how do I apply it to in game...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’ve downloaded the content creator pack: train stations but how do I apply it to in game...: Any help will be appreciated a061499e-1b91-4356-bf15-0f3442a59cd3
  8. Who is the creator of this?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Who is the creator of this?: Who is the creator of this and this is legit? 2bac78ed-972c-4d92-b61f-49d292aaa21f
  9. Gradient Music App for creators

    in XboX Insiders
    Gradient Music App for creators: https://gradient-music.com/share/track/Casinos_And_All_That_old_hip_hop?utm_medium=share_link submitted by /u/South-Bookkeeper4061 [link] [comments]
  10. Fire Pro Wrestling creator dead...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fire Pro Wrestling creator dead...: At 48 I never played the XBLA version of this game, but did experience the SNES version way back in the day. #RIP 290beb08-6416-43b5-ae23-45669489311e