The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

Discus and support The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Samuel's Problems, Jun 24, 2024 at 5:22 PM.

1. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this?

:)

Samuel's Problems, Jun 24, 2024 at 5:22 PM
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

Hi Samuel, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Does this also happen if you play with it connected via a USB cable?

Please, check if your controller needs a firmware update.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select My games & apps > See all > Apps

Select Xbox Accessories.

In case the issue persists or there isn't an update, I recommend you submit a repair request, If your controller is still under warranty.

Register your device on this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/register-your-product

Then, fill out the repair form: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

You can check the warranty terms here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/...ce-plans-and-terms-conditions-for-your-device

I hope this helps.
  3. Samuel's Problems Win User

This does not happen with a keyboard or mouse.
  4. BryceLarsen Win User

I can't use my Xbox One controller in the Game Streaming Preview App

I have the exact same problem. Use to stream on my phone with connected controller all the time but now controller won't work except pressing B button to stop streaming.
  5. Cheez-21BAE529-F0FC- Win User

Can't Hear Chat Unless...

You headset is wireless, but it only supports wireless game audio, so you will have to have the headset plugged into the controller for chat to work properly.

On your controller's chat adapter you will want to press the button that rises the volume of voice chat until it beeps and won't allow you to adjust it anymore, this will ensure only chat audio is being sent through the controller since your wireless adapter
    is broadcasting the game audio.
  6. ChillzPillz 6673 Win User

My P4 paddle BUTTON is not working at all what do i do? (Brand new controller)

It's not the paddles, the paddles work fine. It's the button the paddles touch, it won't work. I pressed the little button and it does nothing, it's assigned and everything, the button clicks too, but it won't say I pressed anything and won't work.
Thema:

1. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button - Similar Threads - audio won't controller

2. Headset audio won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset audio won't work: I have the xbox wireless headset and it's Been falling apart but now the sound won't work it will work on other devices just not on my Xbox one and when I look at the audio settings it shows the...
  3. Xbox Series X has audio delay with dolby digital and won't even detect Atmos through TV

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X has audio delay with dolby digital and won't even detect Atmos through TV: Title I read that I should get an HDMI splitter to fix the problem, but the one I got didn't help. Does anyone know what type I should get? submitted by /u/Cool-Wrangler-8605 [link] [comments]
  4. Audio won't play on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio won't play on Xbox: My audio won't come through my Xbox, I don't know the exact cause but ever since I got off Overwatch 2 and took off my headset, my audio wouldn't play. I tried YouTube and other games and such and...
  5. Won't record audio for gameclips or GamePlay huge bug !!!

in XboX Insiders
    Won't record audio for gameclips or GamePlay huge bug !!!: So I record last 30 seconds or 1 minute it won't record the audio also the file will be corrupt. I have reset the entire console rest all my games on series x it's running latest Omega build I was...
  6. Xbox Game bar: Microphone audio won't go through unless I'm screaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game bar: Microphone audio won't go through unless I'm screaming: The issue I'm encountering is explained in the title of this post. It began happening after I shutdown my laptop, moved to another place and opened it up again while also lowering the sound for...
  7. Can't talk on headset/Audio output won't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't talk on headset/Audio output won't work: Looking for help trying to fix my headset issue.. I've tried 3 controllers and two different headsets and the issue is still occurring. I can hear game chat as well as xbox live party chat,...
  8. The *new* Microsoft edge won't allow websites to play audio.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The *new* Microsoft edge won't allow websites to play audio.: So already today the Xbox update killed my console and after an hour of so I finally got it back running. However in this time I noticed it had the new edge app installed. Didn't think much of it...
  9. Microsoft Edge audio won't work on Xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Edge audio won't work on Xbox game bar: Im tryna record a song on an online piano site, but the audio from Edge is Muted! How do I fix this without turning on my microphone? 1f14bdc7-ae76-44b3-9e71-6bd5a817507f
  10. Game Freezes, then won't launch, and audio on other games no longer works (Xbox Series X)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Freezes, then won't launch, and audio on other games no longer works (Xbox Series X): So, this has been happening at least 1-2 times a week since purchase. While playing PvZ: Battle for Neighborville the game will sometimes completely freeze. Xbox is still responsive, I can to...