The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC

Discus and support The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been using my xbox controller on my pc with 0 problems for the past 2-3 years, and out of no where my A button got mapped to the pause button.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KolaTheqt, Jun 14, 2024.

1. KolaTheqt
    KolaTheqt Guest

I have been using my xbox controller on my pc with 0 problems for the past 2-3 years, and out of no where my A button got mapped to the pause button.

For example I play rocket league, and when I want to jump I have to pause the game in order to jump. This bug will come, and go so I will get on my computer and have no problems for the first 5 minutes then it will start happening, 30 minutes later it'll stop but then after 5 it stars happening again.

I have seen multiple people with the same problem on the internet but I have not found a fix for it.

:)

KolaTheqt, Jun 14, 2024
  2. Emo Goggles Win User

Turn off narrator Xbox 360

hold xbox button on middle of your controller and then hit the pause button.
  3. Sol Parsons Win User

my pause button thinks it is being constantly pressed elite series 2

Hi my controller is only showing as the pause button is being pressed down on Xbox as on my PC it doesn't have this issue and I have tried all of the ways you said to do but no luck
  4. FreakRoach Win User

I need help with my controller if i hit the menu button it says its y

Install "Xbox Accessories" app on your console or PC. Connect the controller and open the app. The app will let you modify button mappings. Confirm whether button mappings are correct there.
  5. EvanCaldwell1 Win User

Pausing the game "Fallout4" with xBox controller

What button do I press on my xBox One controller to pause the game "Fallout4"?Will this button pause other games as well?Will the game continue from where it was last paused, or do I have to start from the beginning?
    Hello, I don't currently own fallout 4, however the pause button is usually pretty consistent in being one of the two buttons directly located under the glowing xbox button. Pause is the 3 lines, most of the time. That button should pause most to all of your games. Your game will also continue from your last saved point, so if your game saves and you pause it, then turn it off. It'll be wherever the last save was. Pausing, then unpausing will keep you right where you are, pausing the game has no effect in of the game is open or not.
  6. CrazyMvM94 Win User

Do you save often?

Wouldn't it be sweet if the Xbox 360 controller had a save button like the PC has other than pressing pause and go to save? That would be lovely. <3
Thema:

1. The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC - Similar Threads - button controller got

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button: Controller wont stay on unless i hold the power button. I have tried all options, new batteries, update, reset both system and controller with no luck whatsoever....
  4. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  5. Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...: I click the xbox button on the controller and it acts as if it's not connected to anything. But as soon as I click down on the bluetooth search button on the controller, my PC recognizes it...
  6. Xbox Controller buttons registering to keyboard buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller buttons registering to keyboard buttons: I connected my xbox controller to my pc and when i tried to play games with it the buttons didnt work right. For example I was playing a game on my computer and when i pressed the A button it...
  7. Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...: Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna respond to anything unless I was pressing the Xbox...
  8. Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...: Everyone knows when you press the sync button makes the console flash as to show its ready for pairing but my controller is already paired and im not pressing the sync button yet its still going...
  9. LB button not working in Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    LB button not working in Elite Series 2 controller: When I bought the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. I played with the controller for a few weeks. Later the LB button had a problem where it only works if you press it one point or press it a lot....
  10. Home button on xbox controller in windows 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home button on xbox controller in windows 7: I have 2 original xbox one x controllers. When I connect the gamepad with a cable to a PC with Windows 7, the controller turns on and works fine, but there is no action when I press the home...