"That's AMAZING! Microsoft went all out..."

Discus and support "That's AMAZING! Microsoft went all out..." in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just think if people are SO impressed with voice commands, why not build a little microphone into the console itself that can detect our commands... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by J.R.G., Apr 29, 2014.

  1. "That's AMAZING! Microsoft went all out..."


    I just think if people are SO impressed with voice commands, why not build a little microphone into the console itself that can detect our commands instead of having the Kinect. I hardly ever (if ever) see people praising the Kinect for what it brings to
    the actual gaming experience, it's more what it brings to their entertainment experience.

    I guess I'm just the minority that only uses the Xbox consoles purely for gaming and nothing else, which is why I find Kinect very average.
     
    DigitalAssassin, Apr 29, 2014
    #31
  2. kingvas78
    kingvas78 Guest
    So, a gamer is either a 13 yr old kid.... who wants mommy and daddy to buy him/her every COD, BF, TF game..... or a grown mature adult with an average to above average income wanting MORE than an Xbox.... hmmmmm...

    -

    MS see's the light.....

    -

    RedEye.....what is a "gamer" today? I just quit playing Peggle to watch Deadliest Catch....... waiting on Dying Light......

    -

    RedEye.... if you had a choice between a carburetor or fuel injection in a vehicle, which would you choose..??? (I know, we are not allowed to compare consoles and cars, but.......) X1 is fuel injection.....
     
    kingvas78, Apr 29, 2014
    #32
  3. ^ A skateboard, And I must be a gamer because I can watch deadliest catch on one tv while playing "Peggle" on the other. Why choose sides? You'll just fuel more forum bans.

    d33dles, it's good to know you've had pos feed back, sorry for the coment
     
    RedEye Expr3ss, Apr 29, 2014
    #33
  4. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest

    "That's AMAZING! Microsoft went all out..."

    With the latest 1405 update, gestures and voice commands are running even smoother.

    Peace, J.R.
     
    J.R.G., May 13, 2014
    #34
  5. JPep715
    JPep715 Guest
    Actually you can play peggle and watch deadliest catch at the same time on one tv. SNAP.just wish you could adjust the screen size though
     
    JPep715, May 13, 2014
    #35
  6. III Cujo III
    III Cujo III Guest
    I was never a fan, but the X1 converted me, I feel its an essential part of the next gen experience!

    I would never use it for games, but my boys (3 & 4) will once some kid friendly titles are released!
     
    III Cujo III, May 13, 2014
    #36
  7. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    i use my kinect for recording clips and signin me in also if i need to go to settings and im on a game ill say xbox go to settings
     
    N7 Gh0stz, May 13, 2014
    #37
  8. JPep715
    JPep715 Guest

    "That's AMAZING! Microsoft went all out..."

    Also as a father of an almost two year old i can hide all my remotes. I know some people have had problems with gesture and voice control but not me. I can practically whisper to change the channel. While i agree its a pain to learn all the voice commands
    its also difficult to unlearn something once you have it down. Just takes a little proper calibration.
     
    JPep715, Oct 31, 2018
    #38
  9. J.R.G. Win User

    "That's AMAZING! Microsoft went all out..."

    With the latest 1405 update, gestures and voice commands are running even smoother.

    Peace, J.R.
  10. DigitalAssassin Win User

    "That's AMAZING! Microsoft went all out..."

    I just think if people are SO impressed with voice commands, why not build a little microphone into the console itself that can detect our commands instead of having the Kinect. I hardly ever (if ever) see people praising the Kinect for what it brings to
    the actual gaming experience, it's more what it brings to their entertainment experience.

    I guess I'm just the minority that only uses the Xbox consoles purely for gaming and nothing else, which is why I find Kinect very average.
  11. kingvas78 Win User

    "That's AMAZING! Microsoft went all out..."

    Ahh, the old "I was forced to buy it" line......
  12. BHC Bluez n 2z Win User

    "That's AMAZING! Microsoft went all out..."

    The Kinect is an impressive piece of kit. I've seen quite a few people complain about voice commands, but for me it works most the time. It understands me just fine, but it struggles to understand my girlfriend's accent. Then
    again she does have a Northern English accent, so.. ;)

    I was anti-Kinect at first, didn't want one. I had no interest in the Kinect, but after playing around with one I changed my tune. Now, I love the damn thing. It makes my experience that little bit easier.
  13. JamboFirstBlood Win User

    "That's AMAZING! Microsoft went all out..."

    Oh I agree with you merlin it isn't anything particularly important I don't hunt for achieves and you will only find 1 or 2 games above 50% on my account, but when you have someone with 16k calling out another who has over three times there gs a Sony fanboy
    it just looks wrong and is obvious who's put more into xbox divisions pockets.
Thema:

"That's AMAZING! Microsoft went all out..."

Loading...
  1. "That's AMAZING! Microsoft went all out..." - Similar Threads - That's AMAZING Microsoft

  2. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  3. Xbox browser microsoft esge issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox browser microsoft esge issues: Hi, I have another xbox series x, and gaming wise its brill, but when im watching TV on the browser, it's soo glitchy and buggy. I dont belive this is my wifi, as the same site runs smoothly on my...
  4. Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows: I’ve had this issue for years and I genuinely don’t understand how something this basic still hasn’t been fixed. I own five Xbox Wireless Controllers (Model 1914) and all five have the same...
  5. Can you add the amazing spider-man 2 the game back to xbox one x?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you add the amazing spider-man 2 the game back to xbox one x?: like i bought the CD for the game and when i got home to download it. The xbox 360 version of it said that it was with backwards compatibility then i went to buy the normal xbox one version and it...
  6. Could The Amazing Spider-Man 1&2 Be Backwards Compatible?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Could The Amazing Spider-Man 1&2 Be Backwards Compatible?: Will The Amazing Spider-Man 1&2 On Xbox 360 Be Backwards Compatible On The Xbox One And Xbox Series X/S 0fd1fb38-5497-49a0-8e50-504c5f6645d2
  7. How to turn off new "amazing" feature - split screen time?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    How to turn off new "amazing" feature - split screen time?: Microsoft are rolling out changes for Microsoft Family Safety. One of new features - splitting screen time. My family have Windows-laptops and XBox which used by kids for games, youtube and so on....
  8. Suggesting That the Next Xbox Controller Have All the Unique & Best Features of the Amazing...

    in XboX Insiders
    Suggesting That the Next Xbox Controller Have All the Unique & Best Features of the Amazing...: Hello Microsoft & XBox friends, sorry for the previous post (when I Googled where to submit ideas to Microsoft it took me to the main r/xboxinsiders ,didn't know there's a category of threads like...
  9. Xbox to do a Market push of Halo Infinite and its amazing state.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox to do a Market push of Halo Infinite and its amazing state.: Halo is Xbox’s biggest IPs and it’s no small news that the launch has dragged the game through the mud a lot. However recently and I’d say all of 2023 and starting 2024 Halo infinite is one of the...
  10. New Home Screen is amazing You can finally see your background image better

    in XboX Insiders
    New Home Screen is amazing You can finally see your background image better: Turned on my Xbox to a screen notifying me of the new Home Screen where all the icons are at the bottom. I love this! I can see my background a lot better now. I like to change my background image...