Text Messaging problem

Discus and support Text Messaging problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My sons child account is set to 16 and over with custom settings, it has who can contact him set to friends, he is able to send receive party invites... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Requiem Mortis, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Text Messaging problem

My sons child account is set to 16 and over with custom settings, it has who can contact him set to friends, he is able to send receive party invites and can use voice chat but is unable to send text messages to his friends. I was advised by support to
    allow unrestricted access this is unsuitable as I'm trying to to safeguard him, can you please tell me what settings I need to allow text messages.

:)

Requiem Mortis, Mar 22, 2018
  2. text messaging

while playing tekken tag 2 and tekken 6 on my xbox one im unable to send messages to friends and fellow gamers , how do i solve the problem, thanks in advance.

VasuHardeoBro, Mar 22, 2018
  3. JUICE 5150
    JUICE 5150 Guest
    Cant Send Voice Message?

Agreed. Should have voice messaging. No reason other than $$$ not to. With that being said it is more shocking that we literally have the most archaic text messaging system available. Voice to text with the Kinect should have been a launch feature. Like
    I said before, my phone in GTA has a better text messaging interface than the console. Really shocking.

JUICE 5150, Mar 22, 2018
  4. Text Messaging problem

While your son is signed into his account on his Xbox One console, if you he goes to Settings>Account>Privacy & online safety>Xbox Live privacy>View details & customize>Communication & multiplayer, does he have "Others can communicate with voice, text, or
    invites" toggled on to either "Everybody" or "Friends"?

Also, on your parent account, have you tried running through this
    guide
    to see if you can grant an exception for your son's account for messaging?

Mister Cazador, Mar 23, 2018
  5. Yes it is set to friends

I will try the guide you linked

Thank you for responding

Requiem Mortis, Mar 23, 2018
  6. The I cannot see how the guide is useful for text messaging it applies to content exceptions such as age related game access.

Requiem Mortis, Mar 23, 2018
  7. To check, what occurs when your son tries to send messages from his account? Say if he tries to send you a message for example. Is the option greyed out or does he receive an error message? Also, what happens if you try to send your son a message? Does he
    receive it?

Additionally, is your son also unable to send messages via Xbox.com or the Xbox app on Windows 10 or a mobile device with iOS or Android?

Mister Cazador, Mar 25, 2018
  8. Text Messaging problem

I've been on X box for two months now I've got the app and everything seems to be working fine except messaging my friends are able to send messages to me but I can't reply to them all it says is something in your settings in not allowing messaging or something
    similar to that I have checked multiple times and my account is all on allow or everyone and I checked online safety everything is allowed and I have signed out of my account and signed in again like it had said to do still doesn't work from what I see this
    is an on going issue and I can't reply to my friends if they are worried about me or if they need to talk about something which is a big issue if it's an important matter I hope this issue will be fixed asap because I got my Xbox live gold but it's not giving
    me the full package of messaging that should be included.

Thank you

Goldenartist102, Nov 1, 2018
  9. Mister Cazador Win User

Text Messaging problem

Yes it is set to friends

Thank you for responding
    To check, what occurs when your son tries to send messages from his account? Say if he tries to send you a message for example. Is the option greyed out or does he receive an error message? Also, what happens if you try to send your son a message? Does he
    receive it?

Additionally, is your son also unable to send messages via Xbox.com or the Xbox app on Windows 10 or a mobile device with iOS or Android?
  10. Requiem Mortis Win User

Text Messaging problem

Yes it is set to friends

Thank you for responding
  11. DisneyFreq Win User

Text messages problem

Hi maxen thx for the reply

I'm not blocked because when I try to send texts to my sub account I have the same problem

I checked the Enforcement site n it says " Congrats! Ur in a perfect state of service" with a green star n my rep is a goed player, geen aswel :s
  12. Requiem Mortis Win User

Text Messaging problem

The I cannot see how the guide is useful for text messaging it applies to content exceptions such as age related game access.
  13. Mister Cazador Win User

Text Messaging problem

While your son is signed into his account on his Xbox One console, if you he goes to Settings>Account>Privacy & online safety>Xbox Live privacy>View details & customize>Communication & multiplayer, does he have "Others can communicate with voice, text, or
    invites" toggled on to either "Everybody" or "Friends"?

Also, on your parent account, have you tried running through this
    guide
    to see if you can grant an exception for your son's account for messaging?
Thema:

Text Messaging problem

1. Text Messaging problem - Similar Threads - Text Messaging problem

2. Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...

in XboX Insiders
    Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...: I don't mind the odd text or voice message cussing me out or trash talking...but why in the blue hell am I forced to allow party invites only to be bombarded by a bunch of random douchebags that...
  3. On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard?

in XBoX Accessibility
    On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard?: I have an issue when I’m using the on screen keyboard with Xbox series x. When the on screen keyboard is open, after typing the first character, the cursor automatically goes to the first word on...
  4. When I try to send a message using text in voice. A red error triangle appears. wondering...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I try to send a message using text in voice. A red error triangle appears. wondering...: [img] When I try to use voice to message text, it says error and an error triangle shows up d4d8113e-048e-4672-8491-f2562cd7ffc4
  5. Does series x have a predictive text feature?

in XboX Insiders
    Does series x have a predictive text feature?: Hey yall so my ps5 remembers what ive typed in the past and the predictive text uses that knowledge when predicting what im gonna type, which is super handy in games like fallout where i can name...
  6. On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen

in XBoX on Windows
    On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen: On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen bcc5a3af-b8f0-4562-a689-5447d0a34a0e
  7. How can I get my texts to go through to my friends on my Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I get my texts to go through to my friends on my Xbox?: My texts messages don’t go through to my friends. I’ve unplugged the router, restarted my Xbox 2 times and nothing works but I made another acc to see if it work and yes it does but my main...
  8. We cannot send a text message to this number.

in XBoX Accessibility
    We cannot send a text message to this number.: I am trying to unlock my child account, this was created yesterday and only setup on Xbox so I am not sure what it is blocked for. I have tried multiple phone numbers but have had no luck....
  9. I do not receive a text message from microsoft to restore the account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I do not receive a text message from microsoft to restore the account: My brother has created his account on 2020, mainly to play minecraft. Since then there was no issues, but then he forgot the password and restored his microsoft account using his phone number. I...
  10. My text messages are not recieved by other players in age of empires 4

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My text messages are not recieved by other players in age of empires 4: I have recently started having an issue that in age of empires 4(running on windows 10 via xbox app) the chat messages i send to others are not recieved by them.I checked and they have not blocked...