Terrible Audio Quality Streaming from Xbox One to Twitch

Discus and support Terrible Audio Quality Streaming from Xbox One to Twitch in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm getting to my wits end. I used to stream from my Xbox to Twitch all the time with minimal issues, but now, whenever I stream the audio sounds... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by winston shaw, Jun 26, 2023.

1. winston shaw
    winston shaw Guest

I'm getting to my wits end. I used to stream from my Xbox to Twitch all the time with minimal issues, but now, whenever I stream the audio sounds terrible. Constantly popping in and out, laggy, etc. No real issue with video. My friend who's an audio engineer says it sounds like maybe my sampling frequency on Xbox is out of sync with the settings on Twitch, but I cannot for the life of me find what those settings are on either my Xbox or Twitch. Anyone have any ideas? Twitch Support has been extraordinarily unhelpful, and Google/YouTube isn't much help at this point either.

I've tried switching out all my hardware, it's not that. No problem with the same hardware on Playstation.

All help and ideas are appreciated!

:)

winston shaw, Jun 26, 2023
  2. winston shaw Win User

Thanks so much for these ideas! The powercycle didn't work, so it looks like a hard reset is my next option. Appreciate your help!
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Winston, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your streaming.

Xbox is aware with audio issues in games and apps and recommend that you download the Xbox Insider Hub (if you don't have it already) so you can report the audio issues that you're having.

In the meantime though I'd recommend trying to powercycle your console by holding the power button on it for 10 seconds till it shuts down then unplug it for 5 minutes. During this time please unplug your modem/router for at least 60 seconds to clear any possible issues there.

Another thing you could try would be to do a factory reset on the console. There's an option to keep installed games and apps and your saves will be saved on the Cloud and would only need a brief resync. If you choose to do this and you're prompted to bring over previous settings or use the app during setup then please select No.

You can read how to do a reset via this link https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  4. winston shaw Win User

Here is an example of the sound issue, listen at your own peril. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1855802579
  5. SoberCoffee752 Win User

Broadcast function not working

I dont wanna move to twitch because the quality is terrible even with my 10mb upload speed i still get laggy streams even on 480p
  6. Bernhard Koenig Win User

VGX/Gametrailers App?

It will be possible at least over Twitch. But Twich is listed seperately from "XBox 360 and XBox One", so maybe there is or will be another way.

Hopefully Twitch stream Quality is good, never used this Service before.
Thema:

1. Terrible Audio Quality Streaming from Xbox One to Twitch - Similar Threads - Terrible Audio Quality

2. Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?: Hi! While downloading games in the microsoft store the download speeds are often capped at ~700 kbps or less. This is not only the case for myself, but also for at least five of my friends....
  3. Terrible stick drift after software update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Terrible stick drift after software update: I just bought a Xbox Series X 3 days ago had no problems playing 10+ hours. After the controller update right analog stick started drifting upwards every minute or so without any input. How can i...
  4. New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible

in XboX Insiders
    New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible: This new tab is atrociously bad. Not only does it now cover half of the screen, but it also removes the clock off of the screen as well. The “Happening Now” tab was something I barely even used...
  5. Why is my Wi-Fi on my Xbox so terrible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Wi-Fi on my Xbox so terrible: My Internet just cuts off randomly on my Xbox especially when I’m trying to play call of duty, and when that happens, I have to type in the Wi-Fi password like 10 times for it to finally connect...
  6. Download speeds are terrible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speeds are terrible: My download speeds are below 1mbps when wireless and even slower wired. I’ve reset my router which I know isn’t the problem. It’s a first gen Xbox one. My Xbox will run at over 200mbps when I look...
  7. New Legion laptop has terrible wifi speeds despite fast for all other devices on the network

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Legion laptop has terrible wifi speeds despite fast for all other devices on the network: Hi, I have tried hard resetting my computer, restarting the network (and temporarily changing the network to only 2.4ghz), as well as troubleshooting via the built-in tool in windows. When I...
  8. Why is the Xbox PC app so terrible?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is the Xbox PC app so terrible?: This is now the second game I have bought on Xbox that shows in the Xbox app on PC, even though it is not considered a play anywhere title (other was Limbo) and won't actually let you play on PC...
  9. HDR Looks Terrible With Some Games on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HDR Looks Terrible With Some Games on Xbox Series X: I’ve been having an issue with my HDR on my Xbox Series X and it’s driving me crazyyyyyyy. My monitor supports HDR10 but when I go on some games, the screen turns black for a few seconds and when...
  10. Why is Microsofts enforcement team so terrible

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Microsofts enforcement team so terrible: I got a wrongful ban out of thin air at my appeal got denied and they won't do anything about it is there anything and I mean anything to get my newly bought console and account worth over 2 grand...