Teredo is unable to qualify (tried almost everything)

Discus and support Teredo is unable to qualify (tried almost everything) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm struggling with the problem of "Teredo is unable to qualify". I tried almost everything I can find on internet and this forum. I tried a few... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kerem001, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Kerem001
    Kerem001 Guest

I'm struggling with the problem of "Teredo is unable to qualify". I tried almost everything I can find on internet and this forum. I tried a few different combinations of commands on command prompt, like "state disable" and "state default", didn't work.
    Solutions about IP Helper also didn't work. Rebooting the PC and rooter also didn't work. I don't have anything about Teredo on device manager, if you're going to ask. Firewall and VPNs are already disabled.

So, wierd thing is, it fixes itself randomly while PC is on, as I said it's totally random. Because of that I can't play any multiplayer games. It works for a few hours in a day and it goes off again. I really got bored of this problem and I can't play
    Forza Horizon 4 since it was released.

Do you suggest anything more to do? Thank you in advance.

:)

Kerem001, Oct 8, 2018
  2. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    Teredo is unable to qualify - I've tried EVERYTHING...

Teredo is a networking protocol that’s used to establish secure communications between clients and servers, and to facilitate connectivity between devices behind routers that use network address translation
    (NAT).

Failure to obtain a Teredo IP address can occur when there’s an issue with your Teredo adapter, when a device on your network is blocking the Teredo protocol, or if there’s software installed on your PC
    that’s disabling Teredo functionality. Without a Teredo IP address, you’ll be unable to use party chat or do multiplayer gaming on Xbox Live.

Note The Teredo IP address is only necessary for Xbox Live party chat and multiplayer features. If your game doesn’t use the Xbox Live service, consult that game’s support site for help
    on chat and multiplayer issues.

For more info: Xbox App NAT Type Displays Teredo Is Unable to Qualify | Xbox App on Windows 10

M3tal Daz3, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Teredo is unable to qualify - I've tried EVERYTHING...

Does this mean with a Forza Horizon 4 update it will fix the issue?

Or am I screwed until a miracle command prompt happens?

How long do I have before I can't ask for a refund? I've tried everything on my side and nothing works. $60 for single player game is ridiculous.

I've been troubleshooting and problem solving over 4 hours.

Only useful thing in that forza forum hahaha

https://cdn.szimre.net/2j5bml.jpg

DriftingBrandon, Oct 8, 2018
  4. XBF Ezra G
    XBF Ezra G Guest

Hi Kerem001!

Thanks for your post, if Teredo is still unable to qualify with all steps taken, it would be good to verify that the router used to connect your PC to the internet has teredo tunneling enabled. If the teredo protocol is not enabled or supported by the router
    it could be causing the issue. I recommend going through the router's manual or contacting the manufacturer for a possible firmware upgrade for Teredo tunneling support.

I hope this information helps, thanks again!

XBF Ezra G, Oct 8, 2018
  5. Kerem001
    Kerem001 Guest
    I don't think it's because of router, because it works sometimes.

Kerem001, Oct 8, 2018
  6. DAZZA 433
    DAZZA 433 Guest
    i had this issue all the time, I solved it by the following:

go to services.msc

scroll down until you find IP Helper, Click the option to restart it.

Then go to ip translation configuration (should be directly below ip helper) and choose STOP on this, You can also permanently disable this by right clicking, selecting properties and then set startup type to manual.

This works everytime for me, None of the command prompt stuff would work to resolve the teredo nor did uninstalling the teredo adapter, Haven't had an issue with it for a long time now since doing the above method, Also worked for my brother first time.

hope this helps

DAZZA 433, Oct 8, 2018
  7. Ackis
    Ackis Guest
    Teredo address not obtained?!? Oh my! Here's how to fix.

Try that if nothing else is working.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

- Xbox Ambassador since 2010.

If this post solved your problem, please click the Yes at the bottom of the page. This helps keep the forums clean.

If this post was helpful, please upvote it.

Ackis, Oct 8, 2018
  8. XBF Paul M
    XBF Paul M Guest

Sup, Kerem!

Paul from Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, it looks like you're experiencing a teredo error while trying to play games online on your pc such as Forza Horizon 4. I was able to go peek around the internet and I was able to find something out
    about this particular issue. I went thru the Forza Motorsport forums and I did find an article that I believe can help fix the issue. Here is the link to that article discussing the topic about

Teredo/DNS error
    when trying to connect to Forza Horizon 4 servers. I hope this information was helpful in resolving the issue, please let us know how it goes!

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!

XBF Paul M, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: