Teraflop Comparison:- Xbox One S and Xbox One X

Discus and support Teraflop Comparison:- Xbox One S and Xbox One X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey ambs! I have been wondering how big a difference the teraflop gap between Xbox One S and Xbox One X will have on gameplay. The Xbox one S has 1.23... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lonevolffe, Jun 13, 2017.

1. lonevolffe
    lonevolffe Guest

Hey ambs! I have been wondering how big a difference the teraflop gap between Xbox One S and Xbox One X will have on gameplay.

The Xbox one S has 1.23 tflops where as One X has 6.1 tflops. Other than fully rendering gamplay in 4K and HDR with 60fps capability, will there be any added advantage?

How will the One S keep up when game developers begin to shift their focus from One S to One X?

:)

lonevolffe, Jun 13, 2017
  2. TeamHoppy321
    TeamHoppy321 Guest
    Forza Horizon 4 on Xbox One X

Hi All

Been watching many YouTube video about the Xbox One S vs the Xbox One X comparison.

I only ever play the Forza Horizon Series which I absolutely love, but want an honest opinion if I should upgrade from the S to the X in readiness for Forza Horizon 4. I have a samsung 43 inch 4K HDR Tv with the Xbox One S plugged in, I am all for the best
    image possible, is it worth the upgrade, a simple yes or no.

Many thanks in advance

Tommy

TeamHoppy321, Jun 13, 2017
  3. Xbox one switch off or freezing after changing game/app (Possible fixes for external hard drive side of this error)

Just not been an issue with my original Xbox one, Xbox one S or Xbox one X. My S is in alpha and X is in alpha SA.

Njal the Blue, Jun 13, 2017
  4. Teraflop Comparison:- Xbox One S and Xbox One X

I don't think there will be a shift in focus - looking at what happend in the last year with PS4 Pro which has 4.2 TFLOP compare to 1.8 TFLOP original PS4.

Developer have no interest other than sell games. Nobody bothered to do extra work to activate enhanced mode and make it look better - which I thought would happend.

But PS4 Pro does not have true 4K gaming, doing even 30 fps - so it could be different with X1X,

Since X1 has been a bit weak, and some games reducing to 900 lines instead of 1080 to cope with framerate - X1X will easily do 1080p.

Are there now 20 milj X1 sold, or so, and in a couple of years X1X may start to influence how developers do things - mostly for 4K is my guess.

Sad part of X1X and 4K is that it may increase download sizes by a magnitude 3 or so. Some games even have patches as large as full game downloads right now.

To keep up with game sizes I would have to increase internet cost to 10 times gold membership annually to download patches only.

So anybody look forward to 120 GB downloads for games - because 4K stuff included?????

Even install from disk will take a day almost, and hdd space occupied as well.

So I revert and play more on 360 still. This 4K hype will kill my X1 gaming if forecast of gamesizes increase.

I have 10 X1 games, and three of those will be traded in for something else due to patch sizes only, being 50% or more of original game size.

I don't play that much to increase gaming costs so much.

Most bang for buck is 360 still - for me.

BookishFlunky90, Jun 13, 2017
  5. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Xbox One S only has a 1.75Ghz processor with only 8GB slow DDR3 memory with a mere bandwidth of 68GB/s.

Xbox One X has a 2.3Ghz processor with an amazing 12GB fast GDDR5 memory with a high bandwidth of 326GB/s. It also has a 4k Blu-ray optical drive, and is smaller than even the Xbox One S.

Xbox One X will be able to play games natively in 4k. It will also be able to play current Xbox One games with huge graphical improvement fidelity. In PC terms, it will be able to play games on High settings. Where as the Xbox One and Xbox One S will only
    be, in PC terms, play games in Low or Entry-Medium level graphics.

There is minimal hardware improvement between the original Xbox One and Xbox One S. Both have the same 1.75Ghz processor and slow DDR3 memory with it's low bandwidth. Xbox One and Xbox One S will be able to keep up, but they WON'T come close to the Xbox
    One X, due to hardware restrictions.

smileskybird, Jun 13, 2017
  6. BluSwirl
    BluSwirl Guest
    "Hey ambs"?! How is that any way to address a community? What's an "amb" when it's at home anyways? Last time I used that term of address, it was directed at a friend called AMBER - for example, "hey Ambz, hru?" But that was in another gaming galaxy far,
    far away (RIP PlayStation Home).

"Other than fully rendering gameplay in 4K and HDR with 60fps capability, will there be any added advantage?" You've just answered your own question, so need of nitpicking or feeling like you've missed the memo. You haven't.

"How will the One S keep up when game developers begin to shift their focus from One S to One X?" Ever heard of crossing that bridge when you come to it? For starters, the One X would need to *saturate* the market before any focus would be shifted from current
    gen to the "mid-gen" refresh. Note: it's not a generational shift, and until the competition introduces a more powerful alternative, the bare bones of development will remain right where it is - catering to the lowest common denominator (in this case, original
    flava Xbox One).

BluSwirl, Jun 13, 2017
  7. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    What you'll find is higher resolutions, higher resolution textures and more stable framerate.

Shaggy2000, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: