Temporary Freezing Issues in Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One X

Discus and support Temporary Freezing Issues in Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, This past summer I picked up Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration from the Microsoft Store on my Xbox One X. The game is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Juxtapose13, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Juxtapose13
    Juxtapose13 Guest

Hello everyone,

This past summer I picked up Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration from the Microsoft Store on my Xbox One X. The game is fantastic and I thoroughly enjoyed my first playthrough.

This past Black Friday, I purchased my first 4K TV (I was playing on a native 720p TV that upscaled to 1080p prior in the Enriched Visuals graphic setting), and I've started a second playthrough of the game to enjoy it in 4K with HDR10. It's visually stunning,
    but I encountered some weird freezing and audio issues last night (minor spoilers below):

- In the intro cutscene for Syria, when the chopper flys over your jeep before it begins shooting at you, my screen froze for a few seconds but the audio continued. After a few seconds the video jumped ahead and everything was fine.

- When escaping the Prophet's Tomb, the audio glitched up right after the the first firefight and kept making thumbing and high-pitched noises. Exiting to the main menu, the audio issue continued and followed me there. I exited and restarted the game and
    it was fixed.

- When you go to fight the Bear in Siberia (after you craft Poison Arrows), when the bear charges out of its cave at you, again my screen froze for a few seconds, but the audio (and gameplay) continued. After a few seconds the video caught up with the audio
    and gameplay and everything was fine.

I'm still playing with the Enriched Visuals graphic setting, and have done the intro and Syria twice before with my new 4K TV at these settings without any of these issues happening.

I'm hoping my console isn't starting to have hardware issues. I'm going to try clearing my system's cache later today. I suppose it's also possible the system was doing an update in the background which was hogging resources.

My questions are: 1) has anyone else experienced this with the game on Xbox One X? 2) outside of a clean install of the game, are there any other troubleshooting tips?

Thank you!

:)

Juxtapose13, Dec 24, 2020
  2. FlorianDeinzer Win User

Xbox x freezing

I have this issue playing Rise of the Tomb Raider. Always at the same spot. Freezing appears and then the Xbox turns off.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Shadow of the Tomb Raider FPS Boost

Hi,

With the exception of I think 'Tomb Raider', both Rise and Shadow of the Tomb Raider already have 60fps built into the game as the Series X can use all the features of the Xbox One X enhanced titles. The option to use 60fps 'performance mode' should be available to change in the in-game menu.
  4. N7 Gh0stz Win User

What is your pick for 2015 Game Of The Year?

far from boring i brough tomb raider on the 360 then when it came to the xbox one i brought it there aswell i own tomb raider and rise of the tomb raider and loved them both
  5. Spyroman12 Win User

What game are you most looking forward too?

Rise of the tomb raider

The witcher 3

Mortal Kombat X

and of course, Destiny
  6. N7 Gh0stz Win User

What is your pick for 2015 Game Of The Year?

Lei rise of the tomb raider has a FREE demo on the store and the first tomb raider is free with gold. rise of the tomb raider wont b free for a long time
Thema:

1. Temporary Freezing Issues in Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One X - Similar Threads - Temporary Freezing Issues

2. Constant temporary 'screen burn'

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant temporary 'screen burn': So my xbox series s is constantly leaving a shadow on the screen, like a screen burn. But it goes away when I unplug the hdmi cable and plug it back it. This only fixes it for half hour or so. As...
  3. How to see if an xbox one console is temporary banned or pernamently banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to see if an xbox one console is temporary banned or pernamently banned: I bought an xbox one s console and i had my friend giving me his account that has gamepass on it i played with it for about 2 weeks and it got banned. and i ask my other friend to give me his...
  4. I was given a temporary suspension and 3 strikes for capturing a Baldur's Gate 3 Game Clip.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was given a temporary suspension and 3 strikes for capturing a Baldur's Gate 3 Game Clip.: Last night while in the middle of playing Baldur's Gate 3 I got a notification that my account has been temporarily suspended. I was panicked but more so extremely confused, I almost thought my...
  5. How do i get my deleted temporary files back or manage to get Game Services to work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i get my deleted temporary files back or manage to get Game Services to work?: While triying to save up some space on my C: disk because i couldnt manage to transport data from it to the D: disk i accidently deleted my temporary files which was a huge mistake because i need...
  6. I can't get past the terms and service page without a "temporary problem"

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't get past the terms and service page without a "temporary problem": I'm unsure if the images will appear but, Everytime I sign into my Microsoft account (on my phone) in order to play Minecraft on my switch, this terms of service page pops up, I hit "next" and...
  7. Did we get trolled or is this a temporary bug?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Did we get trolled or is this a temporary bug?: MWIII Open beta is live right now. On the official Microsoft page it says the open beta doesn’t require any subscription to play. But when I enter the beta, it takes me to “choose the plan that’s...
  8. Why does my game say “temporary network problem” when my internet is fine?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my game say “temporary network problem” when my internet is fine?: (Xbox one)This has been happening for a few weeks but i just ignored it. but every time i try to play a game it says “There’s a temporary network problem” but my internet is perfectly fine and i...
  9. Temporary login for "Rented Devices"

in XboX Insiders
    Temporary login for "Rented Devices": My friends and I don't own any consoles or PCs, so we often visit a game shop where we can play games on PCs and consoles for around ₹40-50 per hour. This trend is very popular all across Asia and...
  10. There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this...: My microsoft account told me that there was a recovery email that has requested to be changed but it wasn't me. When I try to verify that it's me and cancel the action, I get the error above. I...