Telling the difference between disc based/required games and digital.

Discus and support Telling the difference between disc based/required games and digital. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I don't have many suggestions. I'm pretty happy with the Xbox One UI with only a few exceptions. Making a tag or icon for the difference between... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Ready_Arugula_5248, May 9, 2023.

1. Telling the difference between disc based/required games and digital.

I don't have many suggestions. I'm pretty happy with the Xbox One UI with only a few exceptions.

1. Making a tag or icon for the difference between disc based games that would require a disc to run. It can be kind of irritating sitting down only to find out it isn't one of my digitally downloaded games but a disc game I have to get back up to get. With almost 600 games installed on my Xbox One S on my hard drive and two 4 Terabyte external drives it can get confusing as to which hundreds of games I have on disc and which are digital. There's already a tag/icon to tell the difference between Xbox live gold free games and regular games. Which I definitely appreciate. I'd ask for something similar only showing disc based games compared to digital. Simple nothing outrageous or anything. Just an icon showing the difference would be great.

2. Making the wallpaper/background more visible.

Thanks for listening and keep up the good work Xbox

submitted by /u/Ready_Arugula_5248
    [link] [comments]

/u/Ready_Arugula_5248, May 9, 2023
  2. weidhas Win User

Borrowing disc based games

Hello!

You can buy the game digitally and you won't have to redownload it. There is no difference between disc based or digitally purchased games.

Hope that helps,

3. Crusher X303 Win User

Download or Disc? Which one will you do?

Swiss... MS already has 2 policys for Digital and Disc based games. MS has been handling having Digital and Disc format for a long while now. There is nothing wrong with the policy as it stands now. Family Sharing would have tied it great since consoles
    now already recognize the difference between a disc and digital game.
  4. nsanitydoomed Win User

How do digital downloads work, if some developers offer preorder bonuses?

Sorry fleshy but I believe since they removed the drm functions that all disc based games are required to be in the tray to play. Which means no quick switching between games unless you have purchased said games digital.
  5. babiesRfoodmmmm Win User

Thanks for ruining the greatest thing to happen to console gaming since Mario

[quote user="SatNiteEduardo"]

I agree with the OP. Any anyone saying they should still have sharing you don't understand that you need the full DRM to allow digital sharing. With it a combination of disc based and digital sharing can get out of hand.

[/quote]

Why? If they made the family sharing all digital, no discs at all, and required all parties to be online to access sharing features, why wouldn't they be able to do it? There is no difference now between a digital copy of the game under this plan and a digital
    copy of the game under the old one. None. And any DRM necessary for it could be met by imposing an online requirement specifically for that feature.

-

Either they could never do what everyone was led to believe, or they are removing it as a strike back at their consumer base, or they couldn't do it yet and they might in the future.
  6. Shaggy2000 Win User

Digital versus Disc, performance issues?

[quote user="LostKauz"]

[quote user="x0x CAMARO x0x"]

Ok so my first question, do you know anything about xbox one? This claim can be debunked be the fact that all discs must be installed anyway, so there would be no difference. you either download the file to the hard drive, or you install the file to the
    hard drive from a disc. There are no other differences.

[/quote]Ding, ding. This is the very reason why there is no difference between Digital or Disc Based. All Games are simply read from the HDD for the Xbox One.

[/quote]

^^^^ CORRECT ^^^^

-

Which then means, what's the benefits of going "all digital" or sticking with disc based games, I can see only one positive for each side (and adversely one negative for each)

-

Going "all digital" means you'll be able to quickly change between games just buy saying "Xbox load Dead Rising 3" (or whatever the command is)

-

Going all disc based means you'll probably get the games cheaper

-

And as far as I can tell, that's it, that's the two pros for each side of the coin, I for one will be going all disc based purely because my broadband will not be able to download some of these next gen titles very fast (BF4 would probably take me a couple
    of days to download)
Thema:

Telling the difference between disc based/required games and digital.

1. Telling the difference between disc based/required games and digital. - Similar Threads - Telling difference between

2. So when is tells me "where do you want your save game to be".

in XBoX on Consoles
    So when is tells me "where do you want your save game to be".: I pressed on this console instead of the cloud is there anyway for I to get it back or (22d 23h 20m) lost forever? I am currently trying to get back into a game but I may have lost all my progress...
  3. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  4. I can't log in to Klondike Adventures. The error message tells me that I need to log in to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't log in to Klondike Adventures. The error message tells me that I need to log in to...: I have deleted cache & restarted the device (a kindle fire 10) 19c480df-745f-46c2-97cb-189f740be370
  5. Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...: Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex legends and every time i turn my xbox back on to play Apex, i have to restart the game....
  6. Tell the Forza Moderators to Stop banning people just for Requesting the Aventador

in XBoX on Windows
    Tell the Forza Moderators to Stop banning people just for Requesting the Aventador: Me and other random people are banned in Forza Forums just for requesting the Aventador Roadster, many people wanted the car added and voted for it to make it to the top, but they were removed....
  7. I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...: I just bought a game and when I try to play a match I get a pop up telling me I must choose a plan right form me even tho I bought the game. Can I get some assistance please...
  8. Can I link my ps4 account to my Xbox series X if so can someone tell me

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I link my ps4 account to my Xbox series X if so can someone tell me: I want to link my ps4 account to my Xbox so I can work multiversus because I forgot the email for it 1dccdd56-4736-4ea4-be97-2a5674900109
  9. How can I tell the difference between the Xbox 360 Core or Arcade?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I tell the difference between the Xbox 360 Core or Arcade?: My Xbox is matte white, with a matte white disc tray and a manufactured date of May 28, 2008 as well as a HDMI port. Is this more likely to be a core or arcade model? Also this is a different...
  10. I'm trying to buy the fortnite crew pack but it keeps telling me to pick a different way to pay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to buy the fortnite crew pack but it keeps telling me to pick a different way to pay: I'm trying to but the crew pack but it's not letting me buy it dbdf03a1-9442-4360-9d78-821473a6b5e8