TDS: Can’t connect to dhcp

Discus and support TDS: Can’t connect to dhcp in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; TDS (ISPs): Can’t connect to dhcp Hey MindRiot, Came across your post and having the same issue. Got past DHCP, but now intermittently can't login.... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by MindRiot, Nov 27, 2018.

1. MindRiot
    MindRiot Guest

TDS (ISPs): Can’t connect to dhcp
    Hey MindRiot,

Came across your post and having the same issue. Got past DHCP, but now intermittently can't login. xBox is getting an IP from DHCP fine but fails network test.

works on every other network device, was starting to wonder if the xbox is faulty.

Try the MAC address reset on the xbox for the DHCP problem.

also following the port forwarding guide to assist with the network test timeout (i don't allow upnp on my networks)

Xbox One NAT Error | NAT Type Help

:)

MindRiot, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Cannot connect to internet, Hardware problem, DHCP

Cannot connect to internet, Hardware problem, DHCP
    Can’t connect to wireless or wired internet

OwNeD By BrAd, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Can't connect to XBOX live. Xbox doesn't get IP-address

To bad. Started the XBOX today and again no IP-adress. I still think it has something to do with the last update. In the router log I can see it assigns an IP adres and sents an ACK to the XBOX however the XBOX's keeps requesting for anIP:

[table][tr][td]178[/td][td]Sep 8 13:39:22[/td][td]DHCP[/td][td]NOTICE[/td][td]DHCPS:Recv DISCOVER from 00:25:AE:E9TDS: Can’t connect to dhcp :D7:86[/td][/tr][tr][td]177[/td][td]Sep 8 13:39:22[/td][td]DHCP[/td][td]NOTICE[/td][td]DHCPS:Send ACK to 192.168.1.102[/td][/tr][tr][td]176[/td][td]Sep 8 13:39:22[/td][td]DHCP[/td][td]NOTICE[/td][td]DHCPS:Recv REQUEST from 00:25:AE:E9TDS: Can’t connect to dhcp :D7:86[/td][/tr][tr][td]175[/td][td]Sep 8 13:39:22[/td][td]DHCP[/td][td]NOTICE[/td][td]DHCPS:Send OFFER with ip 192.168.1.102[/td][/tr][tr][td]174[/td][td]Sep 8 13:39:22[/td][td]DHCP[/td][td]NOTICE[/td][td]DHCPS:Recv DISCOVER from 00:25:AE:E9TDS: Can’t connect to dhcp :D7:86[/td][/tr][tr][td]173[/td][td]Sep 8 13:39:22[/td][td]DHCP[/td][td]NOTICE[/td][td]DHCPS:Send OFFER with ip 192.168.1.102[/td][/tr][tr][td]172[/td][td]Sep 8 13:39:22[/td][td]DHCP[/td][td]NOTICE[/td][td]DHCPS:Recv DISCOVER from 00:25:AE:E9TDS: Can’t connect to dhcp :D7:86[/td][/tr][tr][td]171[/td][td]Sep 8 13:39:21[/td][td]DHCP[/td][td]NOTICE[/td][td]DHCPS:Send ACK to 192.168.1.102[/td][/tr][tr][td]170[/td][td]Sep 8 13:39:21[/td][td]DHCP[/td][td]NOTICE[/td][td]DHCPS:Recv REQUEST from 00:25:AE:E9TDS: Can’t connect to dhcp :D7:86[/td][/tr][tr][td]169[/td][td]Sep 8 13:39:21[/td][td]DHCP[/td][td]NOTICE[/td][td]DHCPS:Send OFFER with ip 192.168.1.102[/td][/tr][tr][td]168[/td][td]Sep 8 13:39:21[/td][td]DHCP[/td][td]NOTICE[/td][td]DHCPS:Recv DISCOVER from 00:25:AE:E9TDS: Can’t connect to dhcp :D7:86[/td][/tr][/table]

TornadoBianco, Nov 27, 2018
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. I've researched your error message and everything I've found comes up with an issue with the modem/router. You can

try the steps at this link
    to see if they help but I think it will end up being something to do with your internet or modem/router

onyxishere, Nov 27, 2018
  5. choppyseize
    choppyseize Guest
    Hi MindRiot,

Have you tried clearing the MAC address on the Xbox, Or factory resetting the modem itself and setting it up with lower security settings ? If this was happening to me I would reset my modem and factory reset the Xbox (keeping games and apps)

choppyseize, Nov 27, 2018
  6. Tormaz
    Tormaz Guest
    Hello!

Is the modem/router configured to do DHCP? Are other devices getting issued an IP address and working? Does it do the same thing when the Xbox is plugged in with an Ethernet cable or connected wirelessly? Have you done a hard reset on the Xbox?

Tormaz, Nov 27, 2018
  7. Ackis
    Ackis Guest
    When you used a static IP address, you received an error about DHCP?

Ackis, Nov 27, 2018
  8. MindRiot
    MindRiot Guest

I have done all the xbox support suggestions. Yes it fixes it for a day but then the error returns.

MindRiot, Nov 27, 2018
  9. MindRiot
    MindRiot Guest
    I have tried those suggestions. It is a wired connection so i dont know what security settings in the modem would need to be lowered.

MindRiot, Nov 27, 2018
  10. MindRiot
    MindRiot Guest
    It is set to automactically handle ip and dhcp info like any other isp modem/router. All other devices on the network are fine. Apple tv, alienware alpha and my samaung tv. Yes it is plugged in not wireless. I have done a factory reset and it doesnt fix
    it.

MindRiot, Nov 27, 2018
  11. MindRiot
    MindRiot Guest
    Well i assigned a ip to the box in network settings and on the router. I disnt pay for a static ip address because tds only foes static for business accounts.

MindRiot, Nov 27, 2018
  12. Ackis
    Ackis Guest
    You assigned a static IP on your router or your xbox? If you assigned it on your router, it probably won't work - that's for business users. But the router is sort of a gateway between the public internet. Your router will have two IP's assigned to it
    - something public and something private that will be 10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x

What's the current IP address of your computer?

Ackis, Nov 27, 2018
  13. Arminator
    Arminator Guest

I assume you mean the "TDS Actiontec T3200" Router?

Can you check in the advanced settings of your T3200 Router, if Bridging Mode is enabled (which it should not)?

Arminator, Nov 27, 2018
  14. MindRiot
    MindRiot Guest
    Ok let me clarify, i used the router to force assign a dhcp reservation hoping that would work (it didnt). I assigned a ip address to the box in the network settings. That ladted a extra day so i got two days of it working.

I dont have a pc hooked up in the network right now, im stripped down to just the xbox and apple tv. The ip addy to the xbox is [Mod Removed - Personal Information] currently.

i even tried plugging the xbox into port one and bridging that port and it stopped working immediately. Sorry for all the misspellings, on a phone and ipad and typing fast.

MindRiot, Nov 27, 2018
  15. MindRiot
    MindRiot Guest
    Yes thats the one, i tried bridgimg on port one but that broke it immediatley so i put it back to factory reset.

Fyi tds is usless in this area, the only thing they would do is replace the modem/router and cable box. They wouldnt even help me diagnose it

MindRiot, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox cant connect to dhcp