TB X42 headset & XB1 stereo headset adapter

Discus and support TB X42 headset & XB1 stereo headset adapter in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just recently bought the adapter for my headset (listed above in the title), but am having chat issues. I followed the installation instructions and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Galactic Geek, May 27, 2014.

1. TB X42 headset & XB1 stereo headset adapter

I just recently bought the adapter for my headset (listed above in the title), but am having chat issues. I followed the installation instructions and controller update to the letter, but for some reason, when the adapter is plugged in, I can't hear anyone
    else. The headset is compatible according to its website; I've done a hard reset on the console; I've unplugged the adapter & plugged it back in; I've tried the adapter with a different controller (also updated); I purchased & tried a 2nd adapter & tested
    it - all of which ends with the same result (can't hear others). I don't think it's the headset because it works just fine on the Xbox 360. I also find that I can momentarily hear others when I 1st plug it in before it completely cuts out their voices. If
    I mess with the buttons or jiggle things around it also sometimes works until I move the controller. This leads me to believe that it is supposed to work, but doesn't due to a faulty adapter. However that doesn't explain why a 2nd adapter has the same issue
    unless the adapter itself is cheaply made.

:)

Galactic Geek, May 27, 2014
  2. Rockjam069z
    Rockjam069z Guest
    TB X42 headset has sound but won't chat with multiple controllers.

I have the X42 headsets and recently bought the XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter so I can use them for chat as well as sound. I can hear the party until I plug in the 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter into the headset adapter and then everything cuts out but the game
    sound. I've updated and tried this on multiple controllers and get the same issues, both controllers have been updated with the adapter and headset plugged in but still can't get any chat. If I go into a party by myself I can hear myself but as soon as others
    come in I can talk but can't hear anything, the others in the party can hear me. I've also verified my settings via the TB and XB1 troubleshooting pages and everything matches. This leads me to believe that the issue is with the adapter cable to allow me to
    plug in my X42 mic.

Rockjam069z, May 27, 2014
  3. Turtle Beach X42 and the Xbox one

I have the TB X42 and just purchased the XB1 chat adapter and it's junk. First, my voice breaks up when talking any louder than normal. Second and most importantly the adapter apperantly plays it's own game audio through the headset even with the volume
    turned all the way down on the headset. If you turn down your headset and use the audio from the headset it sounds awful. When using the headset audio ether the adapter audio turned down you can't here your friends in chat. Then when turning up the chat volume
    to fix that issue it plays both audio signals at the same time whitch creats a very bad echo. The X42 is great. Love it. The XB1 adapter? It's garbage.

Da Iron Thumb, May 27, 2014
  4. TB X42 headset & XB1 stereo headset adapter

If your having these issues with different controllers and adapters and the headset works fine on the 360. Also with the X42's I guess your using that little adapter cable that came with the headset adapters. I would say it is that little cable that's faulty,
    either a break in the wire or a bad solder in the plug or socket.

I had the exact same issue with a cable that came with my Ear Force Phantoms. Worked intermittently with a jiggle. I got Turtle beach to replace the cable and it's been pukka since.

If you have two adapters, try using the little cable that came with the other one and see if it sorts the issue out. If it does then contact Customer support and I'm sure they won't make too much of a fuss sending you out another one of those little cables.
    Or you can pick up a similar one from an electrical store for around 50 cents.

Skeeter Quill, May 27, 2014
  5. I already went to a store to replace the cable - they informed me that although they had a cord extension with 2.5mm female on 1 end with a 3.5mm male on the other end (exactly what I was looking for), that it wasn't compatible because standard cords only
    have 2 threads whereas the Xbox cord is proprietary with 3 threads. I was able to compare them since I had taken the Xbox cord in with me.

Galactic Geek, May 27, 2014
  6. Hmmm. After much searching around I have found this which will do the job:

www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_62

Although a little more expensive, it should do the job just fine. Also though you can contact Customer Service and I'm sure they'll send you a replacement cable.

Skeeter Quill, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Skeeter Quill Win User

Hmmm. After much searching around I have found this which will do the job:

www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_62

Although a little more expensive, it should do the job just fine. Also though you can contact Customer Service and I'm sure they'll send you a replacement cable.
  8. Galactic Geek Win User

I already went to a store to replace the cable - they informed me that although they had a cord extension with 2.5mm female on 1 end with a 3.5mm male on the other end (exactly what I was looking for), that it wasn't compatible because standard cords only
    have 2 threads whereas the Xbox cord is proprietary with 3 threads. I was able to compare them since I had taken the Xbox cord in with me.
  9. Skeeter Quill Win User

If your having these issues with different controllers and adapters and the headset works fine on the 360. Also with the X42's I guess your using that little adapter cable that came with the headset adapters. I would say it is that little cable that's faulty,
    either a break in the wire or a bad solder in the plug or socket.

I had the exact same issue with a cable that came with my Ear Force Phantoms. Worked intermittently with a jiggle. I got Turtle beach to replace the cable and it's been pukka since.

If you have two adapters, try using the little cable that came with the other one and see if it sorts the issue out. If it does then contact Customer support and I'm sure they won't make too much of a fuss sending you out another one of those little cables.
    Or you can pick up a similar one from an electrical store for around 50 cents.
  10. Galactic Geek Win User

XBOX ONE Headset Adapter (Problem)

I was having an issue for weeks using my TB X42s with the stereo headset chat adapter because I couldn't hear anybody else talk through them (although the game sound came through just fine). I fixed it by replacing my headset's chat cable.
  11. Da Iron Thumb Win User

Turtle Beach X42 and the Xbox one

I have the TB X42 and just purchased the XB1 chat adapter and it's junk. First, my voice breaks up when talking any louder than normal. Second and most importantly the adapter apperantly plays it's own game audio through the headset even with the volume
    turned all the way down on the headset. If you turn down your headset and use the audio from the headset it sounds awful. When using the headset audio ether the adapter audio turned down you can't here your friends in chat. Then when turning up the chat volume
    to fix that issue it plays both audio signals at the same time whitch creats a very bad echo. The X42 is great. Love it. The XB1 adapter? It's garbage.
Thema:

1. TB X42 headset & XB1 stereo headset adapter - Similar Threads - X42 headset XB1

2. Latest Update Killed TB x42 Transmitter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latest Update Killed TB x42 Transmitter: After installing the latest update, my Turtle beach x42 transmitter is dead (does not turn on after being plugged in). I've heard of this problem before but have not experience it myself. Is there...
  3. Turtle Beach x42 Chat not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach x42 Chat not working.: I have a x42 using it on the Xbox One with chat adapter and it was working fine untill a few weeks ago, I thought the problem was with the adapter or the 2.5mm to 3.5mm cord but after purchasing a...
  4. Turtlebeach X32 and X42 No chat. Help!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtlebeach X32 and X42 No chat. Help!!!: I currently have both the Turtlebeach x32 and x42, Xbox Elite controller, and the chatpad. I have game audio through either headset and sounds great. Now the issue is that I have no chat, I have...
  5. New Xboxone using Turtle Beach X42 w/Microsoft adapter have very low chat volume

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xboxone using Turtle Beach X42 w/Microsoft adapter have very low chat volume: As stated in subject line, I can barely hear chat. I can barely hear it when in lobby and cannot hear at all while in a match. I have only played COD AW so far, but I do not think it is associated...
  6. Turtle Beach X42's on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach X42's on Xbox One: Finally bought that adapter so I could use chat with my Turtle Beaches or so I thought But I can't get them to work. My brother just has the normal head set that came with the Xbox. Well he can...
  7. TB X42 headset has sound but won't chat with multiple controllers.

in XBoX on Consoles
    TB X42 headset has sound but won't chat with multiple controllers.: I have the X42 headsets and recently bought the XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter so I can use them for chat as well as sound. I can hear the party until I plug in the 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter into the...
  8. Turtle Beach X42 Issues with Headset Adapter (did controller update)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach X42 Issues with Headset Adapter (did controller update): Hi all, the voice communication does not seem to be working on my X42s even with the controller update (tried on two different controllers, a standard XBOX One controller and a Scuf). Things I've...
  9. TURTLE BEACH X42 HEADSET ADAPTER PROBLEMS!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    TURTLE BEACH X42 HEADSET ADAPTER PROBLEMS!!!: Level 1 Posted 03-15-2014 10:23 AM I am having issues with my new chat adapter!? I purchased it from gamestop about a week ago. I own a pair of Turtle Beach X42 . The audio from game sounds...
  10. Turtle Beach x42 wireless will work with headset adaptor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach x42 wireless will work with headset adaptor?: So i am using these headphones for my xbox one currently. http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-360-headsets/ear-force-x42/59 So will the head adapter be able to allow me to both chat...