TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio...

Discus and support TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi all, Just a bit of advice as I'm pretty sure I'm not doing something correctly. I have a pair of bluetooth headphones from TaoTronics. I wanted to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Amstel_za, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Amstel_za
    Amstel_za Guest

TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio...

Hi all,

Just a bit of advice as I'm pretty sure I'm not doing something correctly.

I have a pair of bluetooth headphones from TaoTronics. I wanted to use these with my Xbox One and purchased a Turtle Beach Audio Adaptor (yes I know the manufactures are different but the Amazon reviews indicated it worked with a variety of other headsets).
    I have set up the headphones and adaptor and followed the instructions but despite the fact that I can hear sounds from Xbox (whether game or YouTube, etc) the mic just doesn't seem to work. I can hear people playing games and in-game chat but just can't get
    the mic working.

The bluetooth headphones work with my phone and via skype for business on my laptop so the mic does work but once I've connected the headphones to the adaptor via a 3.5mm audio jack the mic just doesn't seem to register with Xbox One.

So my question is: how do I get to the bottom of why the integrated mic in the headphones doesn't seem to work with the Xbox One. Do I have the wrong adaptor?

Many thanks

Ben

:)

Amstel_za, Aug 24, 2019
  2. TheSpiralMatrix Win User

Why I am getting a PS4 first. ( Non Fanboy)

[quote user="Burst Axe"]

Its not confirmed that turtle beaches work on PS4. Just sayin. People really need to get their facts straight when spending their money. Unless Turtle Beaches are wireless.

[/quote]

The Turtle Beaches I have are wireless and sync via Bluetooth so they will fully work on it. Wired headsets however will not work for chat just audio only.

-

Basically any headset that uses fiber optic audio and bluetooth chat will work on ps4 regardless of brand.
  3. Boom B00M Boom Win User

USB audio???????

I have a pair of Turtle Beach wireless headphones
    with a usb audio connection and the mic works great!
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

Xbox One - Headphone Mic Not Working

your bluetooth headset with mic is designed for audio and talking via bluetooth, the cable that you can plug into your headset and then to the controller only enables audio not mic. lots of bluetooth headsets and headphones are the same, the option to plug in a cable is for audio only.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio Controller Plus (Xbox One)

Hi there Amstel_za,

Thanks for the reply. In reference to your question, the headset will not be compatible for the Xbox Console. I recommend trying a different headset to help resolve the issue. Check out this article: Attach
    an Xbox One Chat Headset to an Xbox One Wireless Controller

Give this a try and let us know the results.
  6. Amstel_za Win User

TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio Controller Plus (Xbox One)

Wow so many replies so quicly! Great forum :)

Right ok...I was hoping to be able to retrofit my existing headset instead of having to purchase a new one but maybe there isn't much of an option.

I was under the impression that the jack connection from the headphones to the Xbox One adaptor would work as I'm going through the adaptor via wifi. I'm not trying to use the bluetooth component - I'm more than happy to plug the jack into it. Maybe I'm
    just not understanding this properly.

In terms of times (100ms behind everyone else) I'm not too worried, it's mostly playing with family/friends so the lag isn't likely to be a huge problem. I was just hoping to avoid splashing out on another headset when I had one to hand.
Thema:

1. TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio... - Similar Threads - TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones

2. How to make my Bluetooth headphones be recognized as an output device?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to make my Bluetooth headphones be recognized as an output device?: Hey there, I have Sony WH-CH700s and this problem just now started. When my laptop is connected by HDMI to another monitor, my headphones sort of flicker in and out of recognition as a sound...
  3. Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...: I click the xbox button on the controller and it acts as if it's not connected to anything. But as soon as I click down on the bluetooth search button on the controller, my PC recognizes it...
  4. Ps5 controller connects via Bluetooth and disconnects immediately after

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ps5 controller connects via Bluetooth and disconnects immediately after: I used this controller for a month now, it worked great, and it still does if i plug it in with a cable, but out of the blue today it decided to stop working as it did usually. I tried basically...
  5. Bluetooth microphone not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Bluetooth microphone not working: I am using bluetooth headphones with a bluetooth transmitter. My headset has a microphone built into them but for some reason my microphone wont work. I can hear everything else through my headset...
  6. Xbox controller wont show up on bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller wont show up on bluetooth: My xbox elite model 1 controller wont even show up on bluetooth. It has new batteries its literally against next to bluetooth adapter, i tried reseting controller and pc many times and it just...
  7. Controller works in Bluetooth but doesn't with cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller works in Bluetooth but doesn't with cable: Hello, it's been multiple days i've tried to connect my controller (Dualshock 4) to my laptop through USB but my PC charges the controller yet doesn't recognize it The problem doesn't come from...
  8. I have a faulty Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse that is still under warranty. When I scroll it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a faulty Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse that is still under warranty. When I scroll it...: I have a faulty Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse that is still under warranty. When I scroll it goes both up and down. Who can I contact to organise a replacement mouse?...
  9. My xbox controller when pluged in with a cable, or via bluetooth crashes explorer.exe when...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller when pluged in with a cable, or via bluetooth crashes explorer.exe when...: My Xbox controller when plugged in with a cable, or via Bluetooth crashes explorer.exe when I restart or shut down my pc. I have done an in place upgrade, I am having the same problem on my other...
  10. My xbox elite series 2 core controller is not getting into Bluetooth pairing mode. What...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite series 2 core controller is not getting into Bluetooth pairing mode. What...: I purchased a new xbox elite series 2 core controller. Yesterday I tried connecting it to my pc via Bluetooth but controller is not going into pairing mode (holding pairing button for 3 seconds)....