Taking over an xbox live account for a deceased family member?

Discus and support Taking over an xbox live account for a deceased family member? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My eleven year old son lost his father tragically last year. They both spent lots of time gaming together on fortnite and rocket league and others. Is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cheri Nicotri, Jul 19, 2023.

1. Taking over an xbox live account for a deceased family member?

My eleven year old son lost his father tragically last year. They both spent lots of time gaming together on fortnite and rocket league and others. Is my son able to take over his xbox live account? It would mean the WORLD to him. Please help.

:)

Cheri Nicotri, Jul 19, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi,Cheri ! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

I´m truly sorry about your loss Cheri

"If you need access to the account, seek legal guidance

Microsoft must first be formally served with a valid subpoena or court order to consider whether it is able to lawfully release a deceased or incapacitated user’s information regarding a personal email account (this includes email accounts with addresses that end in Outlook.com, Live.com, Hotmail.com, and MSN.com), OneDrive storage, or any other aspect of their Microsoft account. Microsoft will only respond to non-criminal subpoenas and court orders served on Microsoft’s registered agent in the requesting party’s state or region and is unable to respond to faxed or emailed requests for such matters.

Any decision to provide the contents of a personal email or cloud storage account will be made only after careful review and consideration of applicable laws. Please understand that Microsoft may be unable to provide the account content and sending a request or providing a subpoena or court order does not guarantee that we will be able to assist you."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/office/acce...

You can as well try with the recovey form if you know account details Cheri

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...
  3. DeniqL Win User

Deceased Family member

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

I´m very sorry about your loss Janey.

Here is how to deal with a Micrososft account when a family member passess away

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/office/acce...,(2)%20years%20of%20inactivity.
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

Deceased family member owns the XBox Live account

you will need to speak with support directly for this.
  5. RoboticTester Win User

Gold Family pack only allowing 3 accounts

• What is a primary and secondary Family Pack account?
    The Xbox LIVE account used to purchase a Gold Family Pack membership is the primary Family Pack account. All other Xbox LIVE accounts associated with the Family Pack membership are secondary accounts.

To see and add family pack members:

On your console, sign in using the Xbox LIVE account that you used to sign up for a Family Pack membership (the primary account).

Go to Settings, and then select Family.

The primary and secondary accounts are shown. To add or remove family members, please see

Managing Gold Family Pack members.
  6. DanaDyar Win User

Gifting MS Points to my gold account

To gift points from the website, try this:

Sign in to the Xbox site.

Hover over Xbox Live along the main menu

Select Family Center from the drop down menu

Hover over the member that you want to gift points to

Select Grant Allowance

*Note, you must be signed in to the Primary family members account to gift points.

Good luck! :)
Thema:

1. Taking over an xbox live account for a deceased family member? - Similar Threads - Taking live account

2. Will I keep Xbox live gold if I take my account of my Xbox and put it back on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will I keep Xbox live gold if I take my account of my Xbox and put it back on: If I take my account of my Xbox series s and put it back on will I still have Xbox live gold 43a3fe04-2ed3-4f7d-85bb-b68c5098fab7
  3. Question ? dowload installing Xbox live in-game experience. This may take a few minutes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question ? dowload installing Xbox live in-game experience. This may take a few minutes...: [img] this is a xbox show 471d3018-5e73-4548-aaa3-b414dfb0cfcf
  4. How long does it take to change my xbox live gamertag for free

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long does it take to change my xbox live gamertag for free: Hi im Alex. I'm am wondering how long it takes to change a gamertag for free again if anyone has any answer please reply Thank You and have a Great Day 87f26971-f4cc-42aa-a9c6-c65852d014ff
  5. I have proof that Xbox live enforcement did not take action against mutiple individuals,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have proof that Xbox live enforcement did not take action against mutiple individuals,...: I have filed several reports about the same few individuals harassing me and ganging up on my clips to write innapropriate comments and bullying me. Nothing has been done by xbox live enforcement...
  6. Make Xbox Live Gold Free or take it away.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Make Xbox Live Gold Free or take it away.: Since Microsoft started adding games to the PC store, the Xbox Exclusives with multiplayer dont need Xbox Live Gold in the account, but the console still need it, and I dont see the sense in that....
  7. Why won't i get message from xbox live telling me that we take action after i report a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't i get message from xbox live telling me that we take action after i report a...: I got a threaten message from someone about hacked me. I report it multi time because i paniac. I block it and try to forget about. I don't want to be hack. I got hack by someone online two times...
  8. American Warrior Networks: How can i take my money back from Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    American Warrior Networks: How can i take my money back from Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass?: American Warrior Networks (ISPs): How can i take my money back from Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass? Hi, you will need to contact Xbox Support if you want a refund for games pass & gold, if in the...
  9. Admin threatens to take xbox live for leaving after a game had finished

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Admin threatens to take xbox live for leaving after a game had finished: me and my friends, me were playing a game and we had just finished. We decide to leave thebteam and go into a private match. We recieve a msg from someone named FatalAtom935, claiming to be an...
  10. Delete my xbox live account and take Username

in XBoX on Consoles
    Delete my xbox live account and take Username: Hello very good day, I wonder if you can fix xbox live account and take the gamertag to put the username in another account. I hope your answer. appreciate your help que tengan buenas noches !...