Taking a video clip with Xbox Game bar completely tanks frames (COD MW2)

Discus and support Taking a video clip with Xbox Game bar completely tanks frames (COD MW2) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Playing COD MW2 and taking video clips the frames drop to almost nothing. It was working fine till around the time I updated the NVIDIA game ready... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TheWolfe, Aug 13, 2023.

1. TheWolfe
    TheWolfe Guest

Playing COD MW2 and taking video clips the frames drop to almost nothing. It was working fine till around the time I updated the NVIDIA game ready driver (536.99).

The game runs fine at all other times, around 110-120fps at max settings, and the clips are fine too, but just after the clip notification pops up the frames in game pretty much crawl for about 10-15 seconds.

Running Windows 11, Nvidia GTX 4090, 7900X3D CPU, 64Gb 6000Mhz RAM, 4th Gen M.2 NVME SSD.

:)

TheWolfe, Aug 13, 2023
  2. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

Hello TheWolfe,

I'm Nilay and I'll be glad to answer your query today.

Disable GPU Scheduling in Windows 11.

1. Right-click the Start button located on the taskbar and click Settings.

2. Open the Settings screen

3. Within the Settings menu, click on System in the list on the left side and access Display.

4. Accessing the View menu
    After that, scroll down through the View menu until you find Graphics (under Related Settings) and click on it.

5. Accessing graphics settings in Windows 11
    Once you are finally inside the Graphics menu, click on Change Default Graphics Settings

6. Changing default graphics settings
    Finally, disable the toggle associated with hardware accelerated GPU scheduling to disable this feature.

7. Disable Hardware Accelerated GPU, now that hardware acceleration has been successfully disabled, restart your computer.

If it doesn't work, do a test using the Geforce Experience command crtl+z to open the recording system, which can sometimes occur as the xbox game bar has some problems, mainly loss of performance since the settings are limited. I recommend trying with Geforce experience.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck
    Regards
  3. tohellnbak Win User

can BF4 take down COD

as it is.. let it stay... we do not need the COD player base over taking our tanks & jets...

I like both games... havent played a COD since MW2 but BF is a different beast...
  4. Username34 Win User

After moving my videos folder to my (D:) drive, the Xbox Game Bar is lagging heavily

Sadly that didn't help at all, the game bar is still acting up, earlier I couldn't even take a clip and now whenever I open up the game bar it's completely unresponsive for like 30 seconds or even a minute
  5. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Game Clip

Hello SheLuvSxns,

You can find your game clips and screenshots by opening Game Bar and selecting Widget Menu > Gallery. Try saving it to a USB or External HDD and try viewing it from another computer.

If the same thing happens and you cannot see the clip, unfortunately there is no way to recover it that I am aware of.

You can choose the frame rate and video quality of your game clips. Video quality controls both resolution and bitrate.

Higher quality and frame rate generally requires the PC to work harder, which may decrease performance. You can determine the best settings for your system by trying them out.

Additional Resources:

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support

Hardware requirements for capturing on Windows | Xbox Support

Adjust capture settings on Windows | Xbox Support

-Hayabusa
  6. Ariel Acu Win User

How to upload ANY image to be used in the Activity feed page?

Hi DrPepperNPizza,

You can post screenshots taken from a game on the Xbox app. You can also post screenshots or video clips taken from other apps on your computer by using the Game DVR on Windows 10. When playing a game, press the
    Windows logo key + G to open Game bar. Select "Yes, this is a game" if you see a screen asking if you want to open Game bar. With this action, you will be able to take screenshot or video clips on other games
    or apps on your computer.

Let us know if that works for you.
Thema:

1. Taking a video clip with Xbox Game bar completely tanks frames (COD MW2) - Similar Threads - Taking video clip

2. my xbox takes so long to load things even though its series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox takes so long to load things even though its series s: i cant load fortnite as when i turn it on it gets stuck on connecting screen and when i go in game aftrer 45 minutes it gets stuck loading in and out of the game like what the heck is this........
  3. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  4. Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.: So my xbox one is running 40fps constantly and it is very unplayable. I havent used more than 50% of my storage, i have done hard and soft resets cleared cashes and more but nothing works. Is...
  5. [Idea] Adding Voice to Xbox Video Capture - Taking a Cue from the PS5!

in XboX Insiders
    [Idea] Adding Voice to Xbox Video Capture - Taking a Cue from the PS5!: Hello, I hope you're all having a fantastic day in the virtual realms. Today, I want to discuss something that has been on my mind lately: the ability to add voice to video captures on Xbox,...
  6. The take down of my "inappropriate video or game clip"

in XBoX on Consoles
    The take down of my "inappropriate video or game clip": Hello, my name is Ethan. This is regarding the take down of one of my videos I uploaded just recently. I am wondering why it was taken down and for what reason, as the video itself did not...
  7. after i take a video or screenshot and upload it, it isn't shared

in XBoX Games and Apps
    after i take a video or screenshot and upload it, it isn't shared: after i've uploaded a video or screenshot, it isn't shared. I clicked to share it and it isn't shown to be a choice to share. 269a4965-ec8e-4c2e-90b0-0f04e66bd546
  8. I cant take a screenshot or video

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant take a screenshot or video: I've got UploadStudio, and I've tried turning the allow game captures on and off a couple times, and nothing. The option to take the screenshot or clip shows up, but nothing happens when I try it....
  9. Can I take a screenshot from a video capture? If not, why not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I take a screenshot from a video capture? If not, why not?: Can I take a screenshot from a video capture? If not, why not? 890ae50d-1310-4e18-bbd9-e9d267e0a212
  10. How to take a screenshot/video capture on an Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to take a screenshot/video capture on an Xbox 360?: Hi. How can I take a screenshot or record a video on my Xbox 360? Is there any software I can download on the Xbox or do I have to buy something to do this? Also, how would I transfer it to my...