Switching Xbox Account Email without messing with the email the account is under

Discus and support Switching Xbox Account Email without messing with the email the account is under in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello When i first got my xbox account it was under my moms email is there anyway for me to change it without messing with my moms email and removing... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Karen soley, Sep 12, 2023.

1. Karen soley
    Karen soley Guest

Switching Xbox Account Email without messing with the email the account is under

Hello When i first got my xbox account it was under my moms email is there anyway for me to change it without messing with my moms email and removing it

i have tried looking it up and its making me delete this email. I Dont want to do that i just want the email changed from one email to a different email

:)

Karen soley, Sep 12, 2023
  2. Cristiana_C Win User

Hello, Karen!

You should be able to create a new Microsoft account and sign in with that. You should cancel any subscriptions on your mom's account and then start a new one on the new account.

If you think this would work for you, please let me know and I can guide you through that.

Otherwise, please let me know if you have any questions.

Cristiana
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Can I switch an email without messing up the account?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Cool

Sorry to say but that's not possible. If you delete your mom's email youre going to delete their outlook inbox
  4. KindGryphon Win User

Can I switch an email without messing up the account?

My Xbox account is under my mom's Microsoft account. I was wondering if I was able to put my email in there and delete hers from it so it would be fully my account, without messing up her email or account.
    Unfortunately not. Changing the primary alias (your moms microsoft email) with your own would cause her Microsoft account to be permanently deleted and would never be able to use the same email to create a new one.

Source:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...nt/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Warning When removing an email alias that’s connected to a Microsoft domain (such as @Outlook.com, @Live.com, or @Hotmail.com), that email is completely deleted from our systems and can’t be used to send or receive emails. It won’t be available for use again as an alias on another account. Microsoft doesn’t recycle email addresses, so it can’t be reclaimed at a future time.
  5. KindGryphon Win User

Want to switch email for Xbox account without deleting Microsoft account

My Xbox account is under my mom's Microsoft account. I was wondering if I was able to put my email in there and delete hers from it so it would be fully my account, without messing up her email or account.
    If you were to do that it would delete her email completely she would never be able to use it again.

Per https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...nt/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Warning When removing an email alias that’s connected to a Microsoft domain (such as @Outlook.com, @Live.com, or @Hotmail.com), that email is completely deleted from our systems and can’t be used to send or receive emails. It won’t be available for use again as an alias on another account. Microsoft doesn’t recycle email addresses, so it can’t be reclaimed at a future time..
  6. Photonimus Win User

Problems with XBOX Live?

You need to switch this unused live account onto a different microsoft account/email.

Then, when the account/email you wish to use is free without an xbox live profile, you can join live with your offline account and use the correct info on it.
Thema:

1. Switching Xbox Account Email without messing with the email the account is under - Similar Threads - Switching Account Email

2. What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one?: I got my Xbox when I was pretty young so I had to use my parents email in order to have a Xbox and now I'm just tired of needing to log in on their email or have to contact them in order to get...
  3. Switching my Xbox account's email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching my Xbox account's email.: I am attempting to change the email of my Xbox account from one of a relative's, and while adding my email as and alias, in an attempt to then remove the other one so that my current one became...
  4. I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...: My Xbox main account was made with someone else's Microsoft email, and unfortunately he's not around anymore and i have been meaning to change the accounts email but i cant get the verification...
  5. I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...: My Xbox main account was made with someone else's Microsoft email, and unfortunately he's not around anymore and i have been meaning to change the accounts email but i cant get the verification...
  6. I need help deleting my xbox account without deleting my microsoft account or switching emails

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help deleting my xbox account without deleting my microsoft account or switching emails: I just need to switch my email on xbox accounts but the email i want to swtich to is reserved to one of my other accounts. is there any possible way that someone can swtich the email on my...
  7. Switching Account emails

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching Account emails: So I've had my Xbox account for over 10 years across 3 consoles, however I'm starting to move on in my life a bit. My Xbox account is tied to me Dad's main Microsoft account, which he uses for...
  8. Am I able to switch the email or just move it to another account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Am I able to switch the email or just move it to another account?: Hello, I have an xbox account from years ago but since I was a child my father used his email for it. He still frequently uses that email and I heard if you switch the primary email it just...
  9. Want to switch email for Xbox account without deleting Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Want to switch email for Xbox account without deleting Microsoft account: My Xbox account is under my mom's Microsoft account. I was wondering if I was able to put my email in there and delete hers from it so it would be fully my account, without messing up her email or...
  10. How can I switch an account from an outdated email account over to a current email I use?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I switch an account from an outdated email account over to a current email I use?: I have an old email that is no longer available to me. I would like to transfer the microsoft account associated with this email address to my account on my current email, if possible....