Switching my Xbox account's email.

Discus and support Switching my Xbox account's email. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am attempting to change the email of my Xbox account from one of a relative's, and while adding my email as and alias, in an attempt to then remove... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Hunter C., Dec 26, 2023.

1. Hunter C.
    Hunter C. Guest

I am attempting to change the email of my Xbox account from one of a relative's, and while adding my email as and alias, in an attempt to then remove the other one so that my current one became the primary it said i was unable to add this one. Having checked another previous post about this, it said that if an alias email already was tied to an account it would be unable to be used for another. Following this, I have set this account (the one making this post) for deletion so that I may use the email tied to this account for the other, before I did this I wanted to ensure I was doing this correctly as I do have a 30 day wait period before deletion and it is best to check it is being done correctly. Thank you in advance for any advice/correction.

:)

Hunter C., Dec 26, 2023
  2. ChiefJoboo Win User

Transfer gamertag from one microsoft account to another

Unfortunately this is not possible and since your email is a Microsoft email (Live, Hotmail or Outlook) you can't switch the email to another one and have the account not be connected to that email anymore, technically.

You can switch the login emails around but you CAN'T switch TO a Microsoft email when you do this (Live, Hotmail or Outlook). You can switch to another email provider but you can't switch between Microsoft emails as they're permanently connected to that
    account they were created on. For example, you can't switch this account's email login to another Microsoft account because that email is attached to a Microsoft account already.

The only solution is to start over and have him create a new account and have the account that owns all the games to be set as the my home xbox account on the xbox one so that the new account can play all the games that account owns BUT the saves and any
    progress will not move over and some DLC will not share, also.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
  3. iNb4 Ownage Win User

switching emails on my xbox account

Hey there Kixzoh. No you will not, but anything purchased from your now banned account, are all forfeit. This includes but is not limited to Gold Time, DLC, Games, GamerScore, Money/Microsoft Points, Reputation, Avatar items, etc.
  4. Hunter C. Win User

Understood. This is very helpful.

However, I don't want to change the Microsoft account to a new email, just the Xbox account, as this Microsoft account is important to the the relative. Would there be a way to change solely the Xbox account to my email, rather than the whole Microsoft account? Thank you.
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Hunter C.,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It sounds like you are trying to change the primary email address associated with your Xbox account. Let us check and see on what we can do to help address your concern in a timely manner.

If you are unable to add your desired email address as an alias, it may be because it is already associated with another Microsoft account. In this case, you will need to remove the email address from the other account before you can add it to your Xbox account.

Regarding your plan to delete your current account to free up the email address for your Xbox account, please note that deleting an account will permanently remove all data associated with it, including your saved games, achievements, and other account information. If you are sure you want to proceed with deleting your account, you can follow the steps outlined in this article: How to close your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

For your reference on how to add an alias to your Microsoft account, see: Add or remove an email alias in Outlook.com - Microsoft Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Hunter C.,

Thank you for coming back with the thread.

Your Microsoft account is the same as your Xbox account. Changing your Xbox account will affect your Microsoft account and vice versa. And one thing to note that if game licenses are already tied up to an account, it cannot be transferred to another or different Microsoft account.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Switching my Xbox account's email. - Similar Threads - Switching account's email

2. What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one?: I got my Xbox when I was pretty young so I had to use my parents email in order to have a Xbox and now I'm just tired of needing to log in on their email or have to contact them in order to get...
  3. I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...: My Xbox main account was made with someone else's Microsoft email, and unfortunately he's not around anymore and i have been meaning to change the accounts email but i cant get the verification...
  4. I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...: My Xbox main account was made with someone else's Microsoft email, and unfortunately he's not around anymore and i have been meaning to change the accounts email but i cant get the verification...
  5. I need help deleting my xbox account without deleting my microsoft account or switching emails

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help deleting my xbox account without deleting my microsoft account or switching emails: I just need to switch my email on xbox accounts but the email i want to swtich to is reserved to one of my other accounts. is there any possible way that someone can swtich the email on my...
  6. Switching Account emails

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching Account emails: So I've had my Xbox account for over 10 years across 3 consoles, however I'm starting to move on in my life a bit. My Xbox account is tied to me Dad's main Microsoft account, which he uses for...
  7. Switching Xbox Account Email without messing with the email the account is under

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching Xbox Account Email without messing with the email the account is under: Hello When i first got my xbox account it was under my moms email is there anyway for me to change it without messing with my moms email and removing it i have tried looking it up and its making...
  8. Am I able to switch the email or just move it to another account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Am I able to switch the email or just move it to another account?: Hello, I have an xbox account from years ago but since I was a child my father used his email for it. He still frequently uses that email and I heard if you switch the primary email it just...
  9. Want to switch email for Xbox account without deleting Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Want to switch email for Xbox account without deleting Microsoft account: My Xbox account is under my mom's Microsoft account. I was wondering if I was able to put my email in there and delete hers from it so it would be fully my account, without messing up her email or...
  10. How can I switch an account from an outdated email account over to a current email I use?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I switch an account from an outdated email account over to a current email I use?: I have an old email that is no longer available to me. I would like to transfer the microsoft account associated with this email address to my account on my current email, if possible....