Switching Account emails

Discus and support Switching Account emails in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I've had my Xbox account for over 10 years across 3 consoles, however I'm starting to move on in my life a bit. My Xbox account is tied to me Dad's... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Chris Miller5, Sep 28, 2023.

1. Switching Account emails

So I've had my Xbox account for over 10 years across 3 consoles, however I'm starting to move on in my life a bit. My Xbox account is tied to me Dad's main Microsoft account, which he uses for work and personal use, etc. This has begun to lead to several issues related to passwords, security, etc. I'm wondering if there is any way to migrate my Xbox account and data from his Microsoft account to mine. If not is there a way to save the related data and upload it to a different account. I've read elsewhere about commandeering account and such. If that is the case then is there a way to do a new account with his old data in a way that causes minimal friction. Just any way I can keep my current game's library, friends list, etc and he can keep using his personal account separately with as little problems as possible. Thank you.

:)

Chris Miller5, Sep 28, 2023
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

Switching email accounts

Hello,

When you say that it needs to be verified where are you getting the message that it needs to be verified?

When you sign in at account.microsoft.com

If it is here the box that pops up that says you need to verify the email address there should be a link there that says to change how you sign into your account that you can click on and it will allow you to change the email address for the account.

Keep in mind if the email you are going to change it to is already a MS account you will need to either create a new MS account email because you will not be able to use that one since it is already a MS account.

When you sign into the console?
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Account Email Switching

You're welcome and thanks for your swift answer, AndrewBarrett9.

May we know if you can post a screenshot of an error message you and your parents encounter? Please conceal any personal information and use this as guide, How to include a screenshot in your post.

Sometimes, outdated security information just needs to be updated by verifying the owner of the account. This link can help but given you will be accessing the account from the device it was signed in before - Enter your mobile number to verify your account. In any case, if you cannot update your account, you will need to recover it by filling out a form and provide all information that only the user of the account knows. So, before that happen, please try to update your security info by accessing the two links provided in this reply.

Kind regards,

4. AndrewBarrett9 Win User

Account Email Switching

Hello,

Thanks you for replying however neither of the fixes work. When I attempt to use them it tells me to verify but I can’t access the email since that’s what I’m trying to get into in the first place and my mother hasn’t used the number attached since 2016. At that point my only available option is to recover the email which my mother had tried to do twice. Also I was kicked out of my Xbox account and when I try to sign in it tells me to verify.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Switching email accounts

Hi there Connor,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the email on a Microsoft Account.

For more detailed information about how to add an alias, including why and how to set your primary alias, see the
    Manage aliases on your Microsoft accountarticle.

Hope this helps.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Account Email Switching

Hi AndrewBarrett9,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you would like to help your parents gain access to their Microsoft Account. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

Please, do not forget to check here for known issues that might be related to your concern.

Xbox Status

Known Issues for Game Launches

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

Switching Account emails

1. Switching Account emails - Similar Threads - Switching Account emails

2. What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one?: I got my Xbox when I was pretty young so I had to use my parents email in order to have a Xbox and now I'm just tired of needing to log in on their email or have to contact them in order to get...
  3. Switching my Xbox account's email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching my Xbox account's email.: I am attempting to change the email of my Xbox account from one of a relative's, and while adding my email as and alias, in an attempt to then remove the other one so that my current one became...
  4. I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...: My Xbox main account was made with someone else's Microsoft email, and unfortunately he's not around anymore and i have been meaning to change the accounts email but i cant get the verification...
  5. I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...: My Xbox main account was made with someone else's Microsoft email, and unfortunately he's not around anymore and i have been meaning to change the accounts email but i cant get the verification...
  6. I need help deleting my xbox account without deleting my microsoft account or switching emails

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help deleting my xbox account without deleting my microsoft account or switching emails: I just need to switch my email on xbox accounts but the email i want to swtich to is reserved to one of my other accounts. is there any possible way that someone can swtich the email on my...
  7. Switching Xbox Account Email without messing with the email the account is under

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching Xbox Account Email without messing with the email the account is under: Hello When i first got my xbox account it was under my moms email is there anyway for me to change it without messing with my moms email and removing it i have tried looking it up and its making...
  8. Am I able to switch the email or just move it to another account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Am I able to switch the email or just move it to another account?: Hello, I have an xbox account from years ago but since I was a child my father used his email for it. He still frequently uses that email and I heard if you switch the primary email it just...
  9. Want to switch email for Xbox account without deleting Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Want to switch email for Xbox account without deleting Microsoft account: My Xbox account is under my mom's Microsoft account. I was wondering if I was able to put my email in there and delete hers from it so it would be fully my account, without messing up her email or...
  10. How can I switch an account from an outdated email account over to a current email I use?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I switch an account from an outdated email account over to a current email I use?: I have an old email that is no longer available to me. I would like to transfer the microsoft account associated with this email address to my account on my current email, if possible....