switched home Xbox settings with a friend they can download my games but their games won’t...

Discus and support switched home Xbox settings with a friend they can download my games but their games won’t... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I switched the home box settings with a friend they were able to see and download my games but their games didn’t show up for me to download. Not sure... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ThaBurg707, Dec 13, 2022.

1. ThaBurg707
    ThaBurg707 Guest

switched home Xbox settings with a friend they can download my games but their games won’t...

I switched the home box settings with a friend they were able to see and download my games but their games didn’t show up for me to download. Not sure what I can do.

:)

ThaBurg707, Dec 13, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

switched home Xbox settings with a friend they can download my games but their games won’t show up for me ?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I would like to clarify, is your friend set his/her account as Home Xbox on your console as well? If yes, you may need to perform a powercycle on your console.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  3. Ligardian Win User

Cannot reinstall a game (Dauntless).

Hi ,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We recommend first to check the home console setting. Make sure it is still set to your friend. You can also have him try and uninstall and reinstall his profile on the console. You can try to remove the home console and
    then set it back to home. This does not use a switch if you do not switch to another console. So basically go to the home console setting remove home console, wait a minute then set home console again. As dauntless is a free game you should be able to get
    it on your profile with no issues. Some games might be from game pass, and if he lost the subscription you wont be able to access them as they are not owned.

Thanks,

Brad
    Resolved.

It seemed that me and my friend had to redo the game sharing and make sure each of us had the proper settings for home xbox (his xbox to have my account there set to home and my xbox to have his account set to home).

I appreciate the responses!
  4. KindGryphon Win User

Home xbox

Alright so i gameshare with my friends which are in the same household as i am. I set my xbox as home console on his account to play games however the next day it removed itself randomly as home console and i had to waste a switch in doing this. It did this again and again until i used up all my switches. After awhile i got a additional switch from xhox assist and the next day it randomly removed itself again. What is happening and can i possibly get one more switch ?
    Have you asked your friend if he had tried setting a different friends Xbox as their home console? If so, doing so would remove your Xbox as their home console.
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Need help with game share

Hi AK4i1,

We hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums. We are happy to help.

We understand that you need help with the game sharing on an Xbox Console. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

Based on your description, your friend owns the games that you are trying play. Your friend must be generous to allow you to use their account for gaming. Now, to help you get started, let us know how we can achieve game sharing in your console. The feature game sharing will need a Home Xbox. This Home Xbox allows you to set an account with game licenses or subscription, where the downloaded games will be accessible to all users who sign into the Xbox Console. Now, to allow your friend to set their account as the Home Xbox on your console. Please let them know that they can only switch their home Xbox up to five times in one-year period. If you reach your limit for the year, they will see when the next available date will be you can change it. Also, Customer support can’t offer additional switches.

Additionally, when they (your friend) decided to switch their home Xbox to another console. The shared licenses will no longer be available to you that is playing on your console. They'll need to be signed in online to your Xbox console that will allow you to play the games and apps they previously downloaded on your console. Your ability to play games while offline will also shift to your new home console. Redownloading or launching any games on the new home console will register the license to that console allowing for offline use.

Going back to game sharing, the first thing that will happen here is that your friend should sign into your Xbox Console. Next, is to set their account as Home Xbox.

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.
    3. Do either of the following to change the status of your console:
      • To make this your home Xbox, select Make this my home Xbox.
    Followed by, installing digital games and launch it to retrieve the license from Xbox Network to start playing. Lastly, you may switch to your account and test if you can play games that was downloaded from your friend's account.

Looking back to your description, it might have been that your friend has not yet set their account as home Xbox or else they have set their home Xbox to another console.

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. LabererFaun116 Win User

Factory reset and home console

If my friend and me both have 1 switch left, could we Set eachothers console as a home xbox? So he has my games and i have his?
Thema:

1. switched home Xbox settings with a friend they can download my games but their games won’t... - Similar Threads - switched home settings

2. Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?: i accidentally used my last switch when my friend tried switching my xbox to his home. now i have no more switches and cannot play any of the games i previously could, could i possibly get a...
  3. i switched my home xbox to a new xbox but on the old xbox all account on that xbox still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i switched my home xbox to a new xbox but on the old xbox all account on that xbox still...: i switched my home xbox to a new xbox but on the old xbox all account on that xbox still have access to my games please help i have tried changing my password and contacted support both haven’t...
  4. Why does pressing the Xbox home button switch TV input?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does pressing the Xbox home button switch TV input?: So I am having issues with my Xbox Series X and it switching from the HDMI 4 input to HDMI 3 input whenever I press the Xbox home button. I have the Sony A95K, which is connected to a Denon...
  5. Didn't receive my home xbox switches after waiting a year?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Didn't receive my home xbox switches after waiting a year?: I have waited a full year now for new home xbox switches, which I need since I upgraded to a new xbox series S. I was supposed to be able to change it again sometime in November 2023, but can't....
  6. Confusing about My xbox home switches reset

in XBoX Accessibility
    Confusing about My xbox home switches reset: I changed my xbox home once and now I have 4/5 switches, should I wait a year for it to go back to 5 or should I use them all for them to reset? because a year has passed but they haven't returned...
  7. Need help with xbox home switches

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with xbox home switches: Is there any possibility of obtaining an additional home Xbox switch? I have recently acquired a new Xbox Series S, and unfortunately, I am unable to play the games I own or access Game Pass due...
  8. Home Xbox Switches not consistent, frustrating situation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Home Xbox Switches not consistent, frustrating situation: I am trying to set my account's home Xbox onto my friend's Xbox so that she can play all the games that I have, but when she went to go make my account's home Xbox onto hers, it said it had 0/5...
  9. My Home Xbox switches haven’t came back

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Home Xbox switches haven’t came back: I haven’t got all my Home Xbox switches back even though I used them all last or two years ago and I only got 1 back outta all that time and haven’t got no more a2ac4c83-02f2-4358-b731-e6ce41bff816
  10. Mistakenly chose not to Apply Settings while switching my Home Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Mistakenly chose not to Apply Settings while switching my Home Xbox: Hello. Last night, I made my friends console my Home Xbox and vice versa. While signing into their account, I mistakenly chose not to Apply Settings from their previous Xbox, so only one of their...