Switch user profile to a child account not the primary account.

Discus and support Switch user profile to a child account not the primary account. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I need to move the primary XBOX profile (my parent account) to a member (my son's account). He has been using my account and I want him moved to a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KaraB927, Nov 2, 2020.

1. KaraB927
    KaraB927 Guest

I need to move the primary XBOX profile (my parent account) to a member (my son's account). He has been using my account and I want him moved to a member account so I can review and limit his XBOX usage. It's important for him to keep all his history and
    creations. How can we make this change?

:)

KaraB927, Nov 2, 2020
  2. KindGryphon Win User

I need to move the primary XBOX profile (my parent account) to a member (my son's account). He has been using my account and I want him moved to a member account so I can review and limit his XBOX usage. It's important for him to keep all his history
    and creations. How can we make this change?
    Its not possible. A parent (adult account) cannot become a child account. Whether it is a child or adult account is determined by the date of birth entered when the Xbox Live account was first created. (this date of birth cant be changed)

Nothing is transferrable between accounts either. While you can set the same xbox that you two use as the "home xbox" (if not already done this will let him play games purchased from your account if they are both on the same system) if you create a new account
    for him using his correct date of birth (if its under 18 in most countries this would make it a child account and allow you to set screentime limits) he would however be starting over as far as game saves go unfortunately.
  3. RichJW71 Win User

Xbox Primary User to Child Account & Purchases

Hi kyle_m4496,

Many thanks for the information. I feared this would be the case. I'll just have to think of another way to lock it at a certain time.

Appreciate the advice.

Rich
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

Xbox Primary User to Child Account & Purchases

Hi RichJW71. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Thank you for posting on the Xbox Communities Forum. Unfortunately, there is currently no way to change an adult account to a child account. You also can't transfer account data or progress to a different account.

Fortnite progress is tied to your son's Epic Game's account, so you could unlink the Epic Games account from the adult account and link it to the new account. This would 'transfer' his Fortnite progress and skins to the new account, however, Epic Games have restrictions on how soon you can link a different account. You can remove a restriction and link a new platform account once every 365 days. Additionally, this wouldn't transfer his Xbox credit to the account.

For guidance on unlinking an Epic Games account, please visit Epic Game's support page: https://www.epicgames.com/help/c-Category_EpicAccounts/c-ConnectedAccounts/a000084802
  5. HumorousBump1 Win User

Move XBOX Live Account from one email address to another

Hi there, the link to the error code seems dead. However looking at other forums seems to suggest the following:

1. Create a new Microsoft account (account#3).

2. Logon to the XBOX as the primary account (account#1). Switch the profile to the newly created account#3 from my primary account (account#1)

3. Logon to the XBOX as account#2 and switch this profile to my primary Microsoft account (account#1).

I'm I in the right park here? Also forums seem to suggest that you have to wait 30 days to be allowed to switch accounts, is this the case?

Thanks,

Ian.
  6. Fyer Win User

Transferring Microsoft Points

You can only give points to another user if you have a family account. The primary can grant an allowance to the child accounts on the plan.
Thema:

1. Switch user profile to a child account not the primary account. - Similar Threads - Switch user profile

2. How do I switch my Xbox series s from IPv4 to IPv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I switch my Xbox series s from IPv4 to IPv6?: My Xbox is set to IPv4 but I’m not sure how to switch to IPv6 217ba0e3-ac1f-4487-b486-456a8a78905c
  3. My friend can’t join my world on Nintendo switch Minecraft?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friend can’t join my world on Nintendo switch Minecraft?: We both have Nintendo switch online subs, and also Microsoft accounts. But for some reason it won’t connect. We’ve tried restarting both switches, changed internets, tried hotspots, unfriending...
  4. Automatically switched minecraft usernames and now I've lost the old user's inventory with...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Automatically switched minecraft usernames and now I've lost the old user's inventory with...: Been playing actively for two weeks, and launched a couple days ago to find that the java launcher was asking for a new username. I closed and restarted in an attempt to avoid it, but it...
  5. Switch Minecraft keeps forgetting microsoft account users!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switch Minecraft keeps forgetting microsoft account users!: We have 2 switches and 2 users and 2 microsoft accounts and 2 copies of minecraft. Both users are registered on both switches, however if I change user it forgets the microsoft account details for...
  6. User switch and game save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    User switch and game save?: If I switch user on my series x and open a game that a different user was previously playing, why does it then open the other users game save point and ask me to sign in again rather than open it...
  7. Microsoft user account -- using the wrong one and unable to switch

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft user account -- using the wrong one and unable to switch: This issue has popped up a few times with services using Microsoft as authentication (Minecraft, Xbox, even Microsoft.com). I have a personal Microsoft account, which I use to subscribe to Office...
  8. Microsoft account logged off Minecraft on switch and now there's a different Xbox live user...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft account logged off Minecraft on switch and now there's a different Xbox live user...: My brother plays Minecraft on his switch and was logged in and was connected to all of his friends. His Microsoft account was recently logged out and he couldn't log back in unless he reset the...
  9. Accidently signed in as new user. Just want to switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidently signed in as new user. Just want to switch: on my windows 8.1 phone I accidentally signed in as new user and all I want to go is sign I with my actual XboxLive account that I've had for some time. Can somebody PLEASE help me as to how I can...
  10. How can I switch my WoT Xbox 360 forum profile user name to a different Xbox Live account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I switch my WoT Xbox 360 forum profile user name to a different Xbox Live account?: Please help. I am a newbie to Xbox 360 and to WoT. How can I switch my WoT Xbox 360 forum profile user name to a different Xbox Live account? I have several Xbox Live accounts. When I...