Switch from headset to TV speaker

Discus and support Switch from headset to TV speaker in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One S (wife got it for me for Christmas) and just bought Turtle Beach Ear Force Recon 50X wired headset/microphone. I really like how... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JesseCombs, Feb 25, 2018.

1. JesseCombs
    JesseCombs Guest

I have an Xbox One S (wife got it for me for Christmas) and just bought Turtle Beach Ear Force Recon 50X wired headset/microphone.

I really like how they work, yet I had one major hassle. When I decided I wanted to watch Netflix or a movie, I couldn't switch the sound to go to the TV speaker (55" Samsung Curve).

The headset uses a "standard" jack that plugs in the wireless Xbox One controller.

I called Xbox, but no one really knew what to do. I did finally get the sound on the TV, but I don't really know what I did or didn't do as far as settings and whatever. I don't have Kinect, so that's not an issue.

Does anyone out there know what I can/should do to make the switch less problematic?

Thank you for your help.

:)

JesseCombs, Feb 25, 2018
  2. omeggos
    omeggos Guest
    Anyone know how to properly connect an XBO headset to PC?

I'm not sure if anyone's still interested but I think I finally figured it out. If you want to use the headset on W10 just for chat, click on the volume icon on the bottom right of the task board and above the volume slider, it says its playing through the headset, just click on that and switch it back to the tv/monitor/stereo speakers.

It works for the xbox chat headset and, though im still jarry-rigging it, seems to work on atleast the X30 TB headset.

omeggos, Feb 25, 2018
  3. Turtle Beach X12 Question

[quote user="MessorTrux"]

I'm in the same boat as Toxic and Freelance. I have everything hooked up correctly, but no game audio is coming through my headset. I just opened these up like an hour ago and they won't work.

I have my XBox connected via HDMI, x12s are connected to the XBox via USB, green cable is connnected, red/white is in the corresponding audio out. Volume is turned up everywhere. My game sound is coming through my tv, but not my headphones.

[/quote]

You may find that you have to manually select the audio output on your TV.

If you go into the settings menu on your TV you will normally see two selections, TV speaker and External speaker. If you change the setting from TV speaker to External speaker this should switch off the in-built TV speakers and change the audio output
    to the red & white phono sockets on the rear/side of the TV.

Therefore giving you your audio feed for your X12 headset.

Paraffin Alien, Feb 25, 2018
  4. Switch from headset to TV speaker

Internet Expert, Feb 25, 2018
  5. Internet Expert Win User

6. Big Nik UK Win User

In game chat.

Oh and if headset not plugged in, voices come from tv speakers!
  7. Paraffin Alien Win User

Turtle Beach X12 Question

[quote user="MessorTrux"]

I'm in the same boat as Toxic and Freelance. I have everything hooked up correctly, but no game audio is coming through my headset. I just opened these up like an hour ago and they won't work.

I have my XBox connected via HDMI, x12s are connected to the XBox via USB, green cable is connnected, red/white is in the corresponding audio out. Volume is turned up everywhere. My game sound is coming through my tv, but not my headphones.

[/quote]

You may find that you have to manually select the audio output on your TV.

If you go into the settings menu on your TV you will normally see two selections, TV speaker and External speaker. If you change the setting from TV speaker to External speaker this should switch off the in-built TV speakers and change the audio output
    to the red & white phono sockets on the rear/side of the TV.

Therefore giving you your audio feed for your X12 headset.
  8. Fyer Win User

My son's xbox!

Does he have the chat going through the headset and speakers on the TV? If so try removing the option for the TV speakers. It might help.
  9. TalonX13 Win User

Game play has no sound was working 5 minute s a go in nba 2k20

Are you using a headset or just tv speakers?
Thema:

1. Switch from headset to TV speaker - Similar Threads - Switch headset speaker

2. How do I switch my Xbox series s from IPv4 to IPv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I switch my Xbox series s from IPv4 to IPv6?: My Xbox is set to IPv4 but I’m not sure how to switch to IPv6 217ba0e3-ac1f-4487-b486-456a8a78905c
  3. My friend can’t join my world on Nintendo switch Minecraft?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friend can’t join my world on Nintendo switch Minecraft?: We both have Nintendo switch online subs, and also Microsoft accounts. But for some reason it won’t connect. We’ve tried restarting both switches, changed internets, tried hotspots, unfriending...
  4. Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...: Ive already tried turning off my network and turning it back on it only worked once and never worked again 4ba9d188-ee0b-436b-af88-34bab5a9371f
  5. Xbox pdp wired headset works on switch but no audio one xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox pdp wired headset works on switch but no audio one xbox: PDP 40 wired headset with mic designed for xbox but works perfect on my switch. No audio on xbox. Mic might be working as on fortnite I can see the voice icon moving next to my user name when I...
  6. Dolby Atmos using HDMI audio and a 3.5mm chat headset switch to stereo

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos using HDMI audio and a 3.5mm chat headset switch to stereo: TLDR: Earbuds in the Xbox controller 3.5mm jack (for chat audio only) = no home theater 5.1.2 audio via HDMI. I've reported this issue through the console, but wanted to make a post here to see...
  7. how do i switch my headset mic with my webcam mic on xbox game chat/party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i switch my headset mic with my webcam mic on xbox game chat/party chat: im trying to make my microphone trash for the fun of it, and i wanna use my webcam microphone, ive already tried looking for a trash mic or doodling with my settings but no can do. Can i even...
  8. headset won't talk to switch

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset won't talk to switch: we have an xbox and purchased turtle beach recon 200 headset to play Fortnite but it will not allow chat with other players on a switch or tablet. fd8ebd04-8fcc-46d9-aa06-d4986e864506
  9. How to switch between Turtle Beach wireless and standard XB1 wired headset for chat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to switch between Turtle Beach wireless and standard XB1 wired headset for chat?: Hey everyone! I recently got a TB Stealth 500x headset, so far I really like it, full wireless chat and sound is very nice. But, I have a question. Is there an easy way to switch back to using the...
  10. New headset with inline mute switch

in XBoX on Consoles
    New headset with inline mute switch: Hey anyone else out there feel the same way about inline mute switches?the same thing happened with the 360 when it launched. They had originally had the headset with an easy to reach mute button...