swapping Microsoft account for xbox profile

Discus and support swapping Microsoft account for xbox profile in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my father does not want his email/Microsoft account to be connected to my xbox live profile so when i try to change the email account for my xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by majestic bacon1, Dec 3, 2016.

1. swapping Microsoft account for xbox profile

my father does not want his email/Microsoft account to be connected to my xbox live profile so when i try to change the email account for my xbox profile, it wont let me and the membership runs out soon so what do i do????

Also, I have spent £193 of my own money on the games i have bought on this account and if i cannot change the microsoft account and pay it otherwise then i will loose all of it!!!!

:)

majestic bacon1, Dec 3, 2016
  2. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, Dec 3, 2016
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to password protect your Xbox LIVE profile

Xbox LIVE password overview

It is possible to download your Xbox LIVE profile to several different consoles. You may need to do this if you have more than one Xbox 360 console, or you want to play games at a friend's house. In such a situation, you may want to password protect your Xbox LIVE account so that no one else can sign in using your profile.

Set the console to remember your password

Once you have downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile to a console, you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. The Remember Password option is usually off by default. This means that you will be asked for your Microsoft account password every time you sign into Xbox LIVE.

If you don't want to be asked for your Microsoft account password every time you sign into Xbox LIVE, select the Remember Password option.

Change the password protection on your profile

You are required to set the Remember Password option after you download your Xbox LIVE profile. However, you can change the password protection on your Xbox LIVE profile any time.

If you don't need a password to sign in:

Sign into your Xbox LIVE profile. After you have entered your Microsoft account password, select the Remember Password option.

If you choose the Remember Password option, you will not be asked for your Microsoft account password the next time you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

If you need a password to sign in:

You can restrict access to your Xbox LIVE profile on any console using your Microsoft account password.

Steps to follow

1) Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2) Under Settings, select Account and then Account Security

3) Choose the option for Password at Sign In.

4) Select Require Password Here

You will be asked for your Microsoft account password the next time you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

How to password protect your Xbox LIVE profile remotely

If you downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile to another console and it is not password protected, or someone has compromised your password, you can change the password from a remote location so that no one else can access your profile.

Change your Microsoft account

1) Sign into accounts.live.com using your Microsoft account.

2) Go to Account Information and, next to Password, click Change.

You can also use your console to change your Microsoft account password.

Note: If the Xbox LIVE profile you downloaded does not require a password to sign in (You selected the Remember Password option), you will not be able to restrict someone from signing into your Xbox profile even if you change your Microsoft account password.

You can remove your Microsoft account password so that other people cannot access your Xbox profile on other consoles. This will ensure that a password is required before signing into your Xbox profile.

Remotely set a profile password from a computer:

1) Sign into your Xbox LIVE account.

2) Under Settings, select Account, and then Account Security

3) Choose the option for Password at Sign In.

4) Select On All Other Consoles.

Once you have done this, a password will be required to sign into your Xbox LIVE profile on all other consoles.

xboxfelix, Dec 3, 2016
  4. Arminator
    Arminator Guest

You can try the following:

Sign in with your account on your Xbox 360 console. Then go to the far right to the settings hub. There go to the Account tile in the lower left, and there under "Your Information" and "Security Info" should be the option to change the Microsoft Account
    of your Gamertag.

There you can move your Gamertag with Gold membership and purchases to a new Microsoft Account email.

Arminator, Dec 5, 2016
  5. Arminator Win User

You can try the following:

Sign in with your account on your Xbox 360 console. Then go to the far right to the settings hub. There go to the Account tile in the lower left, and there under "Your Information" and "Security Info" should be the option to change the Microsoft Account
    of your Gamertag.

There you can move your Gamertag with Gold membership and purchases to a new Microsoft Account email.
  6. voteDC Win User

Need to change my e-mail address linked to my XBL account. Help?

7. Claxixx Win User

Microsoft Account Swap

Anyone?

Also, could I add an alias to this account and make that my primary account for Xbox and then later on remove the other account?
  8. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Is changing the Microsoft Account to another one possible if the second account has a gamertag associated with it already?Mi

9. KB Kaliso Win User

How to change my email???

I have a similar problem. As far as I know, changing your profile to a different microsoft account (email) is a lot more complicated especially if that microsoft account youre trying to switch to already has a profile attached to it. Not sure what you can
    do about logging into your current email, but to save yourself some trouble don't make any profile swaps to the email you want (apparently microsoft will add some random new xbox live profile to your microsoft account or something, and I guess that counts
    as a swap). Any account change requires you to wait at least 30 days to make another one, which I find tedious and unnecessary. So if you don't want to end up with a dumb problem like the one I'm in, make sure that the email youre currently using is completely
    free of an xbox live account, so that when you make the switch to that desired email it isn't a huge mess of waiting and frustration.
Thema:

1. swapping Microsoft account for xbox profile - Similar Threads - swapping Microsoft account

2. Xbox One - Possible to swap internal HDD to recover data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Possible to swap internal HDD to recover data?: So, I have a friend who's Xbox One HDMI port no longer works, he's upgraded to a Series X, but was not able to retrieve his account data off the old xbox. (Cannot remember password or email...
  3. Swapping digital game from old one to new S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Swapping digital game from old one to new S: I bought a digital version of halo master chief collection on my OG Xbox one and I just got myself a new series S is it possible to transfer the digital game to my new Xbox without having to...
  4. How do you swap the verification email to log in to Microsoft/Minecraft Dungeons.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you swap the verification email to log in to Microsoft/Minecraft Dungeons.: My friend is trying to log in to his Microsoft account to play Minecraft Dungeons on PC, but for some reason it defaulted to an old email that he no longer has access to. He's tried uninstalling...
  5. Halo 5 Disc Swap process is not as easy as it sounds.. Microsoft, take note.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Halo 5 Disc Swap process is not as easy as it sounds.. Microsoft, take note.: Ok, so I finally got through the process of exchanging my code for a disc, and it took almost an hour. the official site states this: As long as your code isn't used then you can use the swap...
  6. Swap Screen Name and Live Subscription To Another Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Swap Screen Name and Live Subscription To Another Microsoft Account: I registered 2 xBox screen names years apart and I recently purchased a year of xBox Live under my secondary Microsoft account because the screen name attached to this account is the screen name I...
  7. Can't swap my gamertag to a microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't swap my gamertag to a microsoft account: When I first received my Xbox LIVE gamertag, a random one was given to me when I selected the 'download profile' option. Now I want to transfer my current gamertag to a different Microsoft account...
  8. Unable to swap Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to swap Microsoft Account: I appear to be having issues swapping my Gamertag to a different Microsoft account - I moved a gamertag off of the account I want to switch to which went through fine, but when moving the Gamertag...
  9. Unable to swap Microsoft account associated with gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to swap Microsoft account associated with gamertag: I mostly play on my Xbox One, but I still have the 360. I'm trying to switch from the family Microsoft account associated with my gamertag to my personal gmail Microsoft account. The only way I...
  10. Microsoft Account Swap

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Account Swap: A couple of months back, tiring of all 'change password' requests I would receive whenever a major gaming company got hacked that week (I think it was Ubisofts' uplay) I decided to create a new...