Swapping a gamertag to another account

Discus and support Swapping a gamertag to another account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have 2 microsoft accounts each having a gamertag, i want to swap this gamertag which is linked to my old account that ii dont reall use anymore and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DaleMcMullen1, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Swapping a gamertag to another account

I have 2 microsoft accounts each having a gamertag, i want to swap this gamertag which is linked to my old account that ii dont reall use anymore and link it to my new account. i tried using this link below to help me by making a 3rd account to then switch
    them about which should mean that my new account should be then linked with the other gamertag and then that 3rd account can be deleted again but before i do any of this i cant complete the first switch from one account to the new account because i get an
    error message on my xbox telling me i cannot switch accounts and asking to go to xbox.com/swapaccounts

would be great if someone could help me with this problem

My account : Gamertag and profile (this is the solution link to help me switch)

:)

DaleMcMullen1, Jan 7, 2014
  2. Hotmail/Outlook account - changing Xbox registered email address

Hi evil! We do have a process for swapping GT's with Microsoft Accounts.

Checkout our
    Switch a gamertag to another Microsoft account
    support article.

Let us know if you have any questions. Cheers!

Mister Ohnaka, Jan 7, 2014
  3. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, Jan 7, 2014
  4. ABAxStorm Win User

Is it possible to merge two accounts?

You may do a account swap. What it does, is it takes your gamertag and puts it to the new Microsoft Account you want it associated with.

Xbox Live gamertags are associated with a Microsoft account for sign-in purposes. If you want to switch your existing gamertag to a different Microsoft account, see Switch a gamertag to another Microsoft account for information about how to do this.
  5. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Hotmail/Outlook account - changing Xbox registered email address

6. Jacyintha Win User

Account Deletion Problem

If you have a Gamertag, you have a Microsoft Points account. That'll prevent you from closing it.

There really shouldn't be any reason you actually need to close an account. You could also swap the gamertag to another email then close it. Or contact Xbox support to close your account in accordance with privacy laws.
  7. xMyStiC4LM0mM4x Win User

Cannot change the email address associated with my Xbox Live Account

if you're trying to use an email that's already set up on another gamertag then youll need to swap that gamertag onto a new email or just create a new Hotmail or outlook account for your gamertag.

The gamertag that has your actual email address that you wanted to use, did you want to keep that gamertag or was it something that was set up accidently?
  8. Mister Beep Win User

Moved my GT to a new email now I have 2 emails associated with a GT

Hey there h3ll2pay!

To keep Microsoft account 2 and Gamertag A, you will need to make another move. However, to complete a complete swap between the two original Microsoft accounts, you must wait 30 days as a security measure. After 30 days, switch 'Gamertag A' from Microsoft
    account 3 to Microsoft account 2!

Hope that helps! :)
Thema:

Swapping a gamertag to another account

1. Swapping a gamertag to another account - Similar Threads - Swapping gamertag another

2. Free gamertag swap the first time

in XBoX Accessibility
    Free gamertag swap the first time: I want to change my gamertag due to an inappropriate joke made by one of my coworkers but it wants to charge me $10. I’ve never changed my gamertag since I created my Microsoft account. Please...
  3. I am trying to swap an older Gamertag to my current email which already has a Gamertag linked.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am trying to swap an older Gamertag to my current email which already has a Gamertag linked.: I am trying to swap an older Gamertag of mine from an older email to my current email (so I keep my friends list & gamerscore). When I try to swap the alias It claims the domain Is already used. I...
  4. Swap gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Swap gamertag: I want to swap my primery acc to my main acc can you help me Thank you 310b9fb6-5350-42c3-8104-ee63b2a8b79f
  5. gamertag swap

in XBoX Accessibility
    gamertag swap: A while ago I created a gamertag using my moms email, since then I created my own email but have used the gamertag associated with my mothers account as that was were all my information was. Is...
  6. Can I Swap Gamertag between accounts ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I Swap Gamertag between accounts ?: Hello everyone, My situation is as follow : - 1st account has all my data since very first Xbox BETA with old gamertag. - 2nd account created some months ago with new fresh profile and data. I...
  7. Gamertag. Stick or swap?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag. Stick or swap?: After I changed the first time there was no stopping me. I probably swapped ten times by now lol. is definitely staying around for a while now 216c2618-b45b-4147-a60d-6e5e7a4aace6
  8. Gamertag Swap

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Swap: So heres the situation; I have two accounts: One with lots of progress and one without any progress. I dont want to lose either of the gamertags, but I want the account with all the progress to...
  9. Gamertag swap

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag swap: Hi I've somehow got my son's and my own gamertag mixed up - mine is showing on his Microsoft account and vice versa! Its saying I have to pay to change both these, is there any way around this...
  10. Swap gamerTag from Account A to Account B

in XBoX on Consoles
    Swap gamerTag from Account A to Account B: Hello, I have two Microsoft accounts, each one has associated a GamerTag. I would like to swap the GamerTag, switch the old one on the new Microsoft account and the new one on the old Microsoft...