Suspicious player asking to use account for license transfer.

Discus and support Suspicious player asking to use account for license transfer. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Yesterday I accepted a friend request from someone because we played the same game, Defiance. She then sent me her facebook page(something I don't use)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SouthSide Stev0, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Suspicious player asking to use account for license transfer.

Yesterday I accepted a friend request from someone because we played the same game, Defiance. She then sent me her facebook page(something I don't use) Earlier today around 2:30PM EST, we were gaming, they said they couldn't talk through mic, but could
    hear us, which was verified by us asking questions. She would constantly ask questions about where we were from, and was way to willing to reveal her name, even going as far as saying she changed her name, what she did for a living, where she lived, her heritage,
    everything. Well I kept my name, state, city, and other personal info from coming out. My friend was even referring to me as my tag, not my name. Then started to ask about my character, which I just said I have a whole back story for her, which is true(nothing
    that is related to real life).

Then she started talking about how her DLC stopped working, I told her to re download it, log out of game, and xbox, and sign back in. She wasn't interested in that, and we left the issue alone. Well I finally get her into our Clan, and things got even weirder,
    as she started asking If I knew someone who would let her "license transfer" to her xbox, so she could get DLC, I said no, and then she got upset, left the clan, removed from friends list. 30 minutes later she sends friend request saying her sister removed
    all her friends. Her profile, is set to private, so I couldn't compare games to see if she really had the DLC.

Just to let you know this is how your account can be stolen, by innocent conversation, and revealing info you may not think is relevant.

There is no way to report this as an issue with the current xbox report players set up.

I am not accusing this person of anything, just saying that this is suspicious behavior. I am not revealing the persons tag for fear of this persons reputation will be ruined if I am wrong.. If a Mod asks for this info I will send them a PM, and I will reveal
    the info if it becomes necessary.

:)

SouthSide Stev0, Jun 7, 2014
  2. Omar_0001
    Omar_0001 Guest
    Did I mess up my license transfer?

If you mean you cancelled the License Transfer in the middle process, and asking if you want to use License Transfer again, then you can't. I've cancelled the License Transfer in the middle of the process on my old account, then it said I can do the License
    Transfer once again somewhere very far away in the coming 2014.

Omar_0001, Jun 7, 2014
  3. Upgrading from an Xbox 360 Elite Console to a Slim Model

No once you start the xbox it updates. Both license transfer tools are the same you only have to license transfer if you want to use the dlc for accounts other than the account it was purchased at so if tat's the only account you use there's no need to license
    transfer. Everything can be transferred using a transfer cable.

Individuality-093EBED1-3289-488F-BF40-A1F1FD7F7672, Jun 7, 2014
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

You did the right thing.Sounds to me like this individual was trying to get the dlc for free.

You will have to report them via your console,i know there isn't a reason listed for what she was doing but pick one that is nearest & they will be investigated.

Daft Badger, Jun 7, 2014
  5. Dragonball Z
    Dragonball Z Guest
    This person probably wanted more than just free DLC.

Anyways good on you OP for not being gullible.

Dragonball Z, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Dragonball Z Win User

This person probably wanted more than just free DLC.

Anyways good on you OP for not being gullible.
  7. Daft Badger Win User

You did the right thing.Sounds to me like this individual was trying to get the dlc for free.

You will have to report them via your console,i know there isn't a reason listed for what she was doing but pick one that is nearest & they will be investigated.
  8. Omar_0001 Win User

Did I mess up my license transfer?

If you mean you cancelled the License Transfer in the middle process, and asking if you want to use License Transfer again, then you can't. I've cancelled the License Transfer in the middle of the process on my old account, then it said I can do the License
    Transfer once again somewhere very far away in the coming 2014.
  9. Smwutches Win User

License transfering question

License transfers will only transfer the licenses for the account you're signed into. So as long as he has had his own account and the games were purchased on his account, it will only transfer his licenses. If he was using your account, it would not be
    possible to transfer only those licenses. A license transfer does not let you pick and choose which licenses to transfer.
  10. Smwutches Win User

liscense transfers

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but license transfers should only be used to transfer your licenses between consoles that you are using. License transfers are not to be used as a way of sharing games. That is considered marketplace theft and can
    result in you being banned.
Thema:

1. Suspicious player asking to use account for license transfer. - Similar Threads - Suspicious player asking

2. Suspicious accout purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Suspicious accout purchase: Purchase on accout I didn't make. 812a2e29-64c3-4e8d-9dad-3903489fa355
  3. How to get a suspended account due to suspicious activity back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to get a suspended account due to suspicious activity back?: My friends account got suspended due to suspicious activity on his account. He tried to get in touch with support but nothing has changed. Support gave him form to fill in and promised a call...
  4. I know my password but I had suspicious activity on my account and I am locked out

in XBoX Accessibility
    I know my password but I had suspicious activity on my account and I am locked out: Hi my Xbox account was locked over night due to suspicious activity. I know my password and have all of my account info but the form is not working for account recovery. I have spoken with...
  5. Microsoft account locked due to suspicious activities

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account locked due to suspicious activities: [img] So my account has been locked due to suspicious activities. i tried to put my phone no in but it say We cannot send a text message to this number. i also tried other number but still same...
  6. My Xbox account has been locked/suspended due to unusual/suspicious activity and I NEED it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox account has been locked/suspended due to unusual/suspicious activity and I NEED it...: My Xbox account has been locked/suspended due to unusual/suspicious activity and I don't know why. I am a veteran xbox user and have had this account for years. I try to log in 3 days ago and it's...
  7. Locked out of Microsoft account for suspicious activity that took place out of my country

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out of Microsoft account for suspicious activity that took place out of my country: Our Microsoft account has been locked for a few days. The phone number we had on the account to receive a verification code is an old number unfortunately. We have tried to fill out the account...
  8. Suspicious Message

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Suspicious Message: Hello, I’m suspicious about a message I’ve received on my Xbox One S. It says it’s from Xbox but I want to make sure first. Here is a screenshot of it. [img] 9eb8ce1a-0527-4557-83ef-948890e58057
  9. “We’ve detected suspicious activity so we’ve locked your account”

in XBoX Accessibility
    “We’ve detected suspicious activity so we’ve locked your account”: This company is a joke, I’ve had my account for 9 years with thousands of hours and dollars spent. I randomly get a security notice saying there’s suspicious activity and apparently none of my...
  10. My Verification code is not being accepted after a suspicious activity notification.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Verification code is not being accepted after a suspicious activity notification.: I am trying to recover my account after I had a suspicious activity notification and I have access to the email, phone number, and passwords associated with the account. However, every time I try...